PDA

View Full Version : First time user, have a couple questions

jca925
03-04-2019, 10:30 PM
I have been considering taking the next step and running slin (Humulin-R) for a maximum of 4 weeks. I plan to start small with 2 iu and gradually taper up to 10iu. I have been doing as much research as I can before starting or even purchasing the slin. Before I go any further, I'm hoping someone can answer a few things for me.

1 - I know that Humulin-R is active 6-8 hours. I usually train around 5pm and like to be asleep by 10:30pm. I do not want to go to sleep while the slin is still active, so would it be ok for me to pin around 2:30pm? And then hit the gym at 5pm? Or do I need to pin immediately pre and/or post workout?

2 - Does any general drug store have slin? Honestly, I have not gone into any pharmacies looking for it just yet. Is it a standard item for them to carry or should I try somewhere specific? Looking for Humulin-R.

3 - Is 4 weeks long enough to develop permanent insulin resistance? Should I do a shorter cycle?

Thanks in advance, any advice is appreciated.

Electromass
03-04-2019, 11:50 PM
1. I always pin post-workout, then chug down my protein, creatine karbolyn, L-glutamine drink 15 minutes after pinning my slin.
Insulin is the 18-wheeler that hauls all of those elements into your muscles.
2. Walmart Pharmacy
3. I've run insulin for over four weeks before.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727AZ using Tapatalk

Leoterelli250
03-05-2019, 12:59 AM
1. If you can try to get humalog, any fast acting slin for a few reasons. One, from personal experience, and this obviously could just be me, the first time a ran slin it was intermediated acting and the gains were good. The second time I ran slin it was humalog, fast acting and i really did notice a difference. Pumps and size. Second, humulin-r is active for 6-8 hours but I believe its peak activity time is 2-4 hours. It’s really annoying to make sure you have carbs on you or have taken enough when you have to wait 2-4 hours after injecting for peak activity time. So in other words fast acting is just easier.
2. I believe the only type that is available over the counter without prescription is the long acting one. I also believe there are sponsors on here that provide the fast acting insulin.
3. Ive ran insulin for longer than 4 weeks

jca925
03-05-2019, 04:20 AM
1. If you can try to get humalog, any fast acting slin for a few reasons. One, from personal experience, and this obviously could just be me, the first time a ran slin it was intermediated acting and the gains were good. The second time I ran slin it was humalog, fast acting and i really did notice a difference. Pumps and size. Second, humulin-r is active for 6-8 hours but I believe its peak activity time is 2-4 hours. It’s really annoying to make sure you have carbs on you or have taken enough when you have to wait 2-4 hours after injecting for peak activity time. So in other words fast acting is just easier.
2. I believe the only type that is available over the counter without prescription is the long acting one. I also believe there are sponsors on here that provide the fast acting insulin.
3. Ive ran insulin for longer than 4 weeks

From what I’ve gathered so far, Humulin-R is the next best thing to Humalog, it’s the fastest acting OTC slin available. I may have inaccurate info, but I thought it was the same as Humalog or at least close. I gotta keep researching lol but thanks for your input brother! This is exactly why I asked these things.

ihab_warrior11
03-05-2019, 06:22 AM
From what I’ve gathered so far, Humulin-R is the next best thing to Humalog, it’s the fastest acting OTC slin available. I may have inaccurate info, but I thought it was the same as Humalog or at least close. I gotta keep researching lol but thanks for your input brother! This is exactly why I asked these things.

Bro ur talking about novalin-r not humalin-r , because novalin-r is the otc available at Walmart and most closer to humalog

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jca925
03-05-2019, 06:23 PM
Bro ur talking about novalin-r not humalin-r , because novalin-r is the otc available at Walmart and most closer to humalog

This shit is confusing as fuck! lol If I do decide to run slin I think I'm just gonna go with Humalog, instead of trying to get something "close". Seems to be more info out there on Humalog and it sounds like it's the easiest to use and time around workouts.

Sachie
03-05-2019, 06:33 PM
How long would a first time user run it for?
Also how much should a first time user use?
Does it interfere with HGH because if I go on slin I would be pinning it around the same time as my nighttime dose of HGH?
Is there anything to be couscous of?

1. I always pin post-workout, then chug down my protein, creatine karbolyn, L-glutamine drink 15 minutes after pinning my slin.
Insulin is the 18-wheeler that hauls all of those elements into your muscles.
2. Walmart Pharmacy
3. I've run insulin for over four weeks before.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727AZ using Tapatalk

chadmack282
03-05-2019, 11:15 PM
How long would a first time user run it for?
Also how much should a first time user use?
Does it interfere with HGH because if I go on slin I would be pinning it around the same time as my nighttime dose of HGH?
Is there anything to be couscous of?

Hgh with slin is good to help keep u from gaining fat.
Prime muscle put out a bit of slin knowledge & few other guys a few days ago, I believe it's in the Private Label Subforum.
It is in PL subforum it's called
"Let's talk about Insulin".

Bomber72
03-22-2019, 02:55 AM
This shit is confusing as fuck! lol If I do decide to run slin I think I'm just gonna go with Humalog, instead of trying to get something "close". Seems to be more info out there on Humalog and it sounds like it's the easiest to use and time around workouts.

I'm with ya bro. WTF? I got some Humalog coming. 1st time user. I can't take in all this info. Will someone Please keep it as simple as possible and tell me when and how to run the stuff. I carbo cycle / carbo load every 4th day and do 50gm Glucose / Dextrose carb drink post workout 5x / week. Help! Thank you.

jca925
03-22-2019, 03:13 AM
I'm with ya bro. WTF? I got some Humalog coming. 1st time user. I can't take in all this info. Will someone Please keep it as simple as possible and tell me when and how to run the stuff. I carbo cycle / carbo load every 4th day and do 50gm Glucose / Dextrose carb drink post workout 5x / week. Help! Thank you.

I ended up getting Humalog and its actually a lot simpler than I thought it would be. Im on day 6. Started at 8iu pre workout and increased the dose daily (took Sunday off). I did 14iu preworkout this afternoon. The pumps arent as intense as what I thought it would be, but definitely putting on some size. Ive been feeling pretty bloated so I think I need to adjust the carbs a bit more. Ive definitely been lowering them but Im running all kinds of other shit in my shake too. Havent gone hypo yet so I suppose Im doing alright.
Mike Arnolds Insulin Protocol really made it simple for me. Ill post a screenshot of the shake ingredients. You can also google search Mike Arnold Insulin Protocol. Such a good explanation there. He has an updated version that is more suited towards Humulin-R users. The older version is for Humalog users like us.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190322/8375c83118afed33a91d315bf4817204.jpg

Bomber72
03-22-2019, 03:17 AM
Thanx bro. Still confused as F about the best time to run it. On my carbo load day? After my workout along with my carb drink?

jca925
03-22-2019, 03:46 AM
Im no expert but if you were to ask my opinion Id say you should to change your routine a bit. No more carb load days. You need to be taking in carbs every time you use the slin. I would use the slin every time you workout. 4-5 times per week. Ive been taking a preworkout shake with 50g karbolyn at the same time as my slin shot. I wait a bit and then head to the gym. I like to get there 30 min after Ive pinned.
While Im waiting to leave, I make my intra workout shake. I add another 50g karbolyn plus your standard intra workout supps (EAAs, creatine, glutamine, etc.). I make sure to start sipping on the intra shake 30 min after Ive pinned and make sure it lasts for my entire workout. Little sips between sets. After my workout (about 90 min after pinning) I have a regular post workout meal. I cant always eat right away after getting home. Sometimes I need to wait a bit but I try to get it in within an hour of getting home.
This has been working for me so far, and as I mentioned before, I have been lowering the karbolyn so Im actually taking less than 50g carbs in each shake. Standard advice is 10g carbs for every iu Humalog pinned but that has been excessive for me and Ive found I can lower that amount. Everyone has a different sweet spot. Some need more, some need less.
I would use something other than dextrose. The reasoning for this is mentioned in MAs protocol. But to summarize, it is not always absorbed quick enough. Karbolyn, vitargo, or highly branched cyclic dextrin will be your best bet.
Make sure you have safety nets in place. I keep an empty Gatorade bottle full of carb powder in my backpack. And a full Gatorade. If I were to start feeling hypo I would mix the powder with the Gatorade and drink up. I also keep glucose tabs in my truck and in my kitchen at home. They are on amazon for cheap and can/will save your life if needed.
Like I said, once you actually start doing it, its not so complicated. All the reading and info from everyone is overwhelming but as long as you retain at least some of this info youll be alright.

Bomber72
03-22-2019, 04:28 AM
Im no expert but if you were to ask my opinion Id say you should to change your routine a bit. No more carb load days. You need to be taking in carbs every time you use the slin. I would use the slin every time you workout. 4-5 times per week. Ive been taking a preworkout shake with 50g karbolyn at the same time as my slin shot. I wait a bit and then head to the gym. I like to get there 30 min after Ive pinned.
While Im waiting to leave, I make my intra workout shake. I add another 50g karbolyn plus your standard intra workout supps (EAAs, creatine, glutamine, etc.). I make sure to start sipping on the intra shake 30 min after Ive pinned and make sure it lasts for my entire workout. Little sips between sets. After my workout (about 90 min after pinning) I have a regular post workout meal. I cant always eat right away after getting home. Sometimes I need to wait a bit but I try to get it in within an hour of getting home.
This has been working for me so far, and as I mentioned before, I have been lowering the karbolyn so Im actually taking less than 50g carbs in each shake. Standard advice is 10g carbs for every iu Humalog pinned but that has been excessive for me and Ive found I can lower that amount. Everyone has a different sweet spot. Some need more, some need less.
I would use something other than dextrose. The reasoning for this is mentioned in MAs protocol. But to summarize, it is not always absorbed quick enough. Karbolyn, vitargo, or highly branched cyclic dextrin will be your best bet.
Make sure you have safety nets in place. I keep an empty Gatorade bottle full of carb powder in my backpack. And a full Gatorade. If I were to start feeling hypo I would mix the powder with the Gatorade and drink up. I also keep glucose tabs in my truck and in my kitchen at home. They are on amazon for cheap and can/will save your life if needed.
Like I said, once you actually start doing it, its not so complicated. All the reading and info from everyone is overwhelming but as long as you retain at least some of this info youll be alright.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkThanx bro. I was a fat fuck before. Now I'm in the best shape of my life. I just don't wanna get fat again. Never Again. That's my main concern with upping my carbs and all...

Leoterelli250
03-22-2019, 03:05 PM
Not to make it more confusing but for any brothers reading this please remember there is a difference between ius and units of insulin. For example, using a U-100 insulin syringe lets say 5 ius of hgh you would draw back all the way to the 50 mark. This is 5 ius of hgh. However, 5 units of insulin would only be to the 5 small tick mark not even going pass the 10 mark on the syringe. Its a very small amount. Sorry I just wanted to clarify that for anyone reading this. Also, jca925 youre taking 8 units and have taken 14 units of slin and the pumps are not that good? This seems odd to me because the pumps are insane for me even on 6 units of slin and Im a big guy. Have you thought about running growth with it brother the combo is nasty. I should be posting some updated picks and my cycle routine soon to show how Ive gained about 20 solid pounds added this combo.

Zomb131
03-22-2019, 03:36 PM
Not to make it more confusing but for any brothers reading this please remember there is a difference between ius and units of insulin. For example, using a U-100 insulin syringe lets say 5 ius of hgh you would draw back all the way to the 50 mark. This is 5 ius of hgh. However, 5 units of insulin would only be to the 5 small tick mark not even going pass the 10 mark on the syringe. It’s a very small amount. Sorry I just wanted to clarify that for anyone reading this. Also, jca925 you’re taking 8 units and have taken 14 units of slin and the pumps are not that good? This seems odd to me because the pumps are insane for me even on 6 units of slin and I’m a big guy. Have you thought about running growth with it brother the combo is nasty. I should be posting some updated picks and my cycle routine soon to show how I’ve gained about 20 solid pounds added this combo.

Sweet Jeebus...

IU's and units ARE THE SA ME THING!
IU = International Units
U-100 = 100 units of insulin per 1 mL (the most common concentration)
Drawing to the 50 unit mark would mean you diluted the HGH with 1ml of bac water, if the bottle is 10iu. Your correlation doesn't make sense since the dilution of HGH is set by the user. I dilute my hgh w/ 0.8ml of bac water.

Zomb131
03-22-2019, 03:38 PM
Also, the length of insulin use should depend on fasting blood glucose. Once you get over 100-110 fasting first thing in the morning, stop.

jca925
03-22-2019, 03:41 PM
Not to make it more confusing but for any brothers reading this please remember there is a difference between ius and units of insulin. For example, using a U-100 insulin syringe lets say 5 ius of hgh you would draw back all the way to the 50 mark. This is 5 ius of hgh. However, 5 units of insulin would only be to the 5 small tick mark not even going pass the 10 mark on the syringe. Its a very small amount. Sorry I just wanted to clarify that for anyone reading this. Also, jca925 youre taking 8 units and have taken 14 units of slin and the pumps are not that good? This seems odd to me because the pumps are insane for me even on 6 units of slin and Im a big guy. Have you thought about running growth with it brother the combo is nasty. I should be posting some updated picks and my cycle routine soon to show how Ive gained about 20 solid pounds added this combo.

Thanks for adding that in! Seems people tend to get confused (myself included at first) with iu and slin. Ive been so used to running peptides and such that I almost forgot 10iu on the syringe is actually 10iu!
Anyways, yes the pumps for me have not been what I was expecting at all. Im thinking it may be from all all ingredients Ive been adding to my shakes. I tend to feel bloated in my gut throughout my entire workout and after for a good hour or so. I am using all the easy to digest ingredients, but I believe my body is still allocating too much blood to my stomach rather than my muscles. Dont get me wrong, I am still gaining weight and looking fuller even after just 1 week of use. Just not getting that skin-splitting pump I had imagined. Ill keep an eye out for your progress pics, Im interested to see what the slin has done for others.
Oh and I am also running mk677 at 25mg every morning. I will be adding ghrp-6 starting Monday. Regular GH doesnt fit the budget right now so Im hoping Ill get close to the same effect with these secretagogues

jca925
03-22-2019, 03:45 PM
Also, the length of insulin use should depend on fasting blood glucose. Once you get over 100-110 fasting first thing in the morning, stop.

This is new information to me. Very interesting. What is the reasoning behind this? Will fat gain start to occur if insulin use is continued beyond this point? Or desensitization maybe?

Zomb131
03-22-2019, 04:05 PM
This is new information to me. Very interesting. What is the reasoning behind this? Will fat gain start to occur if insulin use is continued beyond this point? Or desensitization maybe?

Keep reading and get a blood glucose meter.

Why? Type 2 diabetes. Elevated blood glucose destroys blood vessels, nerves, and organs. There is also a correlation between elevated blood glucose and decreased life expectancy. I assume you're using HGH, that alone already elevates BG, adding insulin will accelerate or exacerbate it.

Once your cells start to get desensitized to insulin, BG quickly elevates. Your body tries to compensate by releasing more and more of its natural insulin to maintain homeostasis. If it cannot bring your BG down your beta cells will fatigue and cease to produce insulin all together.

It's sad in a first time insulin thread NO ONE mentioned blood glucose and getting a meter. Smh.

jca925
03-22-2019, 04:32 PM
I have done lots of reading over the past few months and have not seen this anywhere. And I do have a blood glucose meter. I made sure to buy one before I got my insulin. I always err on the safe side and I am very thankful you have brought this to my attention Zomb. Perhaps not many people are aware of this, which is why it hasn't been brought up here previously.
So after reaching 100-110 mg/dL upon waking, how long until levels will return to normal after fasting? What I mean is, how long will I need to wait before I can start using insulin again? Will this number decrease a bit daily?

jca925
03-22-2019, 04:35 PM
Keep reading and get a blood glucose meter.

Why? Type 2 diabetes. Elevated blood glucose destroys blood vessels, nerves, and organs. There is also a correlation between elevated blood glucose and decreased life expectancy. I assume you're using HGH, that alone already elevates BG, adding insulin will accelerate or exacerbate it.

Once your cells start to get desensitized to insulin, BG quickly elevates. Your body tries to compensate by releasing more and more of its natural insulin to maintain homeostasis. If it cannot bring your BG down your beta cells will fatigue and cease to produce insulin all together.

It's sad in a first time insulin thread NO ONE mentioned blood glucose and getting a meter. Smh.

And no, I am not using actual hGH. Just mk677 for the past 2 weeks. I will be adding GHRP-6 starting Monday. Will these have the same effect on blood glucose as actual hGH?

Leoterelli250
03-22-2019, 04:51 PM
Totally not trying to be rude and please anyone correct me if i am wrong but this is not correct. A U-100 syringe is equivalent to 1ml/1cc. Drawing back to the 50 mark is equal to .5 ml not 1 ml. Even in your comment you stated the U100= 1ml so how could the 50 mark equal 1 ml? And with my comment I just wanted to stress the difference between thinking the same amount of growth and insulin is pinned. For example, drawing back to the 100 mark for growth as oppposed to just the 10 mark for insulin. And now I feel confused lol

Leoterelli250
03-22-2019, 04:56 PM
Any specific reason you are using a shake with so much ingredients in it instead of something simple with fast acting carbs? Especially if its making you feel bloated?

jca925
03-22-2019, 05:32 PM
Any specific reason you are using a shake with so much ingredients in it instead of something simple with fast acting carbs? Especially if its making you feel bloated?

My understanding is that the main benefit of insulin is its ability to shuttle nutrients to the muscles. So my shakes have been consisting of EAAs, beta alanine, creatine, leucine, glutamine, GPLC, and glycerol monostearate in addition to the fast acting carbs. I had some hydrolyzed whey in there but had to dump that after the first 2 shakes. It was just too much lol.
Would carbs and insulin alone actually be beneficial? I mean, isnt the point of the insulin to pack your muscles full of the additional nutrients?

Leoterelli250
03-22-2019, 05:39 PM
I mean a short answer is yes. Carbs are still nutrients and the insulin is helping shuttle that into your muscles. I definitely love creating my own personal preworkout mix with insulin as well I guess. For you if you can somehow pinpoint what’s causing the bloat or that feeling of “this is to much” and cut that out it would be great. Defiantly do like your mix though.

Bomber72
03-22-2019, 05:45 PM
What I'm looking for here is Just a general principle. I'm not going to buy all those ingredients. The info is waaaaay too much for me. So I conclude that you need carbs in your system in order for insulin to work. The timing of which is all over the place so I'm going to stick to my carbo loading every 4th day, oatmeal, good bread, rice all day and my 50gm post workout carbo drink 5x/wk and just run the Humalog with the carbs at 1iu per 10g carbs. If that doesn't put the fat free non bloated pumped , jacked lean size on, I'll adjust accordingly.

jca925
03-23-2019, 12:07 AM
I mean a short answer is yes. Carbs are still nutrients and the insulin is helping shuttle that into your muscles. I definitely love creating my own personal preworkout mix with insulin as well I guess. For you if you can somehow pinpoint what’s causing the bloat or that feeling of “this is to much” and cut that out it would be great. Defiantly do like your mix though.

I tried the carb-only shake today (with a Bang preworkout) and definitely had better results and far less bloating. I think Ill add in something new each day until I found out what it is thats causing the problem. Thanks again for the advice brother.

Leoterelli250
03-23-2019, 12:45 AM
Anytime brother. And feel free to keep updating us if you keep adding stuff. It would be interesting to see if there is a specific ingredient that is causing the issue.

Bomber72
03-26-2019, 01:49 AM
Got my Humalog kwikpen 100IU today. Researched how many iu's per unit on the dosage dial and can't seem to find answer anywhere. Can someone Please tell me?..Thank you...I did just say f it and went ahead and set dial to 2 and injected...how many iu's did I do?

jca925
03-26-2019, 03:57 AM
Got my Humalog kwikpen 100IU today. Researched how many iu's per unit on the dosage dial and can't seem to find answer anywhere. Can someone Please tell me?..Thank you...I do just say f it and went ahead and set dial to 2 and injected...how many iu's did I do?

1 unit = 1 iu.
IU = International Unit

So if you set your pen to 2 units and injected, you just did 2iu.

jca925
04-04-2019, 02:18 AM
Just to update everyone FWIW. Ive narrowed it down to the glutamine causing the bloat. I guess I just dont process it very well for whatever reason. Other than that, everything is great. Week 3 of the Humalog and I feel great!

Bomber72
04-10-2019, 04:26 AM
Just to update everyone FWIW. Ive narrowed it down to the glutamine causing the bloat. I guess I just dont process it very well for whatever reason. Other than that, everything is great. Week 3 of the Humalog and I feel great!

Thanx for the update. How long are you going to / should you run slin for?..Also, with regards to fasting, I'm just Not gonna do it. Period. Will the blood glucose meter over 100 -110 upon waking still be a good gauge on when to stop the slin? Thank you. Bomber72

jca925
04-10-2019, 04:35 AM
Thanx for the update. How long are you going to / should you run slin for?..Also, with regards to fasting, I'm just Not gonna do it. Period. Will the blood glucose meter over 100 -110 upon waking still be a good gauge on when to stop the slin? Thank you. Bomber72

This Friday will be my 4 week mark so Im gonna play it safe and stop there. Gonna take 4 weeks off and hop right back on lol. As far as the fasting and morning BG goes, I cant answer that. I havent been keeping track honestly. I feel just fine on the days I dont run slin (2 days out of the week). Im going to take Berberine during my time off to restore insulin sensitivity.

Electromass
04-10-2019, 06:51 AM
My understanding is that the main benefit of insulin is its ability to shuttle nutrients to the muscles. So my shakes have been consisting of EAAs, beta alanine, creatine, leucine, glutamine, GPLC, and glycerol monostearate in addition to the fast acting carbs. I had some hydrolyzed whey in there but had to dump that after the first 2 shakes. It was just too much lol.
Would carbs and insulin alone actually be beneficial? I mean, isnt the point of the insulin to pack your muscles full of the additional nutrients?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Electromass
04-10-2019, 07:12 AM
I ALWAYS run my slin POST WORKOUT!!
Using it pre wo is to me a bad idea. The main use of slin is to shuttle nutrients into the muscles, this is critical at the post workout window.

Post workout shake...
Karbolyne
Bcaa-EAA
L-Glutamine
Creatine
Whey isolate

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Ironman 580
04-22-2019, 11:58 PM
in all honest can you literally walk into walmart and purchase the slin?if so how exactly do i ask and what quantity for say a 4 week run?

Jetblack14316
04-23-2019, 12:37 AM
This was a good read fellas. Ive already been interested in slin but have been terrified to try it.

However, I concluded that I need to lower my BF more before I start considering this.

Drillit
04-23-2019, 01:21 AM
in all honest can you literally walk into walmart and purchase the slin?if so how exactly do i ask and what quantity for say a 4 week run?

Yea you get it at the pharmacy. 26 bucks. I just say, a bottle of novolin r please.
A bottle should last you a month easily.