PDA

View Full Version : Shoulder impingement???

IronFox
07-24-2012, 02:24 AM
Anyone get this? I experience some pain in my left shoulder when I do certain shoulder movements such as back and forth or up and down What would be the best fix for it?

DaKajun
07-24-2012, 03:15 PM
I have pain in my left shoulder also. Even when i was younger I never could do military presses without pain.
It feels to me like bone on bone. Its starting to hurt me on incline bench as my weight goes up. Thinking of
going to Dr. and get cortisone shot. That should help for a lil while.

PAiN
07-24-2012, 11:14 PM
Do you think it is rotator cuff related? Have you tried rotator cuff specific exercises to see if strengthening it helps?

dark_venom
07-30-2012, 08:34 PM
Impingements are a special kind of pain. Strengthening with rotator cuff exercises were tough. Not only was the healing process long, but my gym only had the 2 1/2 pound dumbbells in pink. Bastards. In any case, after recovery (hopefully no surgery for you) you may want to rule out heavy bench and behind-the-neck presses forever. Just my .02 from experience.

sniperfire
08-09-2012, 07:06 AM
Id get it checked for sure. My cousin had the same pain and found out he had bone spurs cutting into his muscles.

ftwpin
08-15-2012, 03:24 AM
If you have should impingement I'd be willing to bet that your shoulders are slightly rolled forward when you look from the side. The chest muscles pull everything forward because most people concentrate on that area and neglect the upper back/scapula region. Try stretching your chest multiple times a day and do some of the exercises posted in the link and in a few weeks if that's what your problem is it should be fixed. I find it easier doing these exercises laying face down on an incline bench and using some lighter dumbbells. This worked me so hopefully it does for you. Good luck!

ftwpin
08-15-2012, 03:25 AM
^^^^The link for the above post ^^^^^
http://www.acefitness.org/exerciselibrary/249/prone-scapular-shoulder-stabilization-series-i-y-t/