PDA

View Full Version : Any one knows how to battle Anemia?

Crogam55
07-26-2012, 06:05 PM
On my last visit to the doctor I unfortunately found out that I have symptoms of anemia :(

I been noticing changes on my day to day life as well as my worksouts. It's sad because I have been extremely active, played football my entire life all the way through college and never stopped exercising. I'm pretty bump out because This year my workouts have been amazing and I'm almost back to my ideal weight and got my strength back like the good ole days when I played football.

My doc. recommended to start taking pretty good amounts of multivitamins as well b12 but some how I don't feel it's enought to battle such a mild but serious illness. Any advices will be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks brothers!

VIOLATER
07-26-2012, 06:17 PM
Iron brother! Calf liver is loaded in it!

Crogam55
07-26-2012, 06:23 PM
Ill def stop by the vitamin shopped on my way back from work! Thank you soo much my dude!

deathdodger
07-28-2012, 01:02 PM
Take multi vitamins, supplement yourself with Iron and drink water.

berniec
08-12-2012, 04:49 PM
iron supps -- lots of them! Red meat is also good

BIGBOSS
08-12-2012, 05:09 PM
Red meat and lots of water.

milleniumgirl
08-12-2012, 06:01 PM
I've been battling anemia all my life. I was an anorexic kid and when I was 20 I stopped eating meat.

There are not many things you can do except take iron supplements (beware some have sides) or eat meat or if you don't like meat, you need to replace them with lentils (they are rather high on protein so you might include them in your diet).

Mick4
08-13-2012, 01:50 AM
Did your doc do a CBC (complete blood count)? That will determine what kind of anemia you have. Once you know what type of anemia it's easier to treat properly.