PDA

View Full Version : Just broke my wrist!

akhusker
07-29-2012, 06:05 AM
So I was on my Indian riding home from the gym and traffic came to a screeching halt and I downed my bike and broke the scaphoid bone in my wrist and will need surgery! FML! I am on week 8 of my cycle and will continue to the end, but am thinking about what to take later to speed up my recovery! I read an article on T3 at a low dose helps feed your body better nutrient wise, but do you guys have any advise on peptides or anything else to help out? I am bummed because I wanted to do that BB show in October, the doc said even if they don't do surgery, although its snapped completely in half, it would be 3 months in a cast, with even longer for therapy! So fill me in guys!

mustang_00
07-29-2012, 07:01 AM
isn't therapy alone for that 6-8 months??

i have no input on the question you asked unfortunately. but, how long is your cycle that you still want to continue?

akhusker
07-29-2012, 08:42 AM
4 more weeks

deathdodger
07-29-2012, 04:15 PM
OUCH sorry to hear! Don't further it take it easy.

Tiny
07-29-2012, 08:34 PM
Sucks to hear that.

I broke my radius when I was younger. It haunts me everytime I do BB curls.

vibrant
07-30-2012, 02:58 AM
shit, sorry to hear about that.

when you start rehab, peps can certainly help with healing. ghrp/cjc combo, tb500, ifg1, can all help in sllightly different ways.

SuperNinja43
08-03-2012, 04:54 AM
Sorry to hear that, cant quite answer your question but am curious myself..

Vod321
08-03-2012, 03:52 PM
work in supported isolated environments

ckmtide27
08-03-2012, 07:58 PM
Get well soon that's harsh

willie2
08-04-2012, 03:35 PM
if u can afford it HGH can help/speed healing...regardless of what u take nothing is going to get u back in the gym (working out with more than very light weights) in less than 6 months (with the type of injury you are describing)

PAiN
08-05-2012, 09:12 PM
^^^Agreed HGH.

Sorry to hear that bro. Injuries are a bitch.

paulthebodybuilder
08-05-2012, 09:56 PM
i just sprained my wrist too i think.. i was doing dumbell bench press and the dumbell tilted over side ways and i heard a crack i would still finish my work out but it hurts just a little cant go super heavy tho... u think deca will help heal a sprained wrist?

akhusker
08-07-2012, 06:53 AM
i just sprained my wrist too i think.. i was doing dumbell bench press and the dumbell tilted over side ways and i heard a crack i would still finish my work out but it hurts just a little cant go super heavy tho... u think deca will help heal a sprained wrist?

Well if it hurts on you thumb side it's the scaphoid which is the bone I broke, it's a bone lifters injure a lot which is why I think it broke in my accident, it was already hurting from lifting heavy, the doc even asked me if I had fractured or broke it before because the was a lot of calcium build up on the bone, so beware, if u have insurance get it x rayed for cracks or fractures, start wearing wrist protection too, it's driving me crazy not being able to go to the gym, even on test I have already lost 12 pounds, I'm wasting away and there is nothing I can do! So don't end up in my shoes! I was thinking about using deca for my next cycle after I get out of my cast, I have read a lot about it helping joints, and since the scaphoid is basically a joint it would help, so far I have been finishing my cycle of test, been taking mass quantities go vit c and calcium and injecting a b complex vitamin every 2-3 days, I am feeling better faster, so hopefully I will heal quick!

akhusker
08-07-2012, 06:55 AM
if u can afford it HGH can help/speed healing...regardless of what u take nothing is going to get u back in the gym (working out with more than very light weights) in less than 6 months (with the type of injury you are describing)

How much do you inject? Is it daily? How long do those kits last?

akhusker
08-07-2012, 06:56 AM
shit, sorry to hear about that.

when you start rehab, peps can certainly help with healing. ghrp/cjc combo, tb500, ifg1, can all help in sllightly different ways.

What's tb500? I have seen the other two but never heard of tb500, how long would I have to run all of these at what doses?

Emericant
08-07-2012, 11:03 AM
agreed, but if you have a good rehab therapist you will be up and running in no time. my command has olympic therapists and they are miracle workers literally.

get better soon man.

Baited
08-29-2012, 02:48 AM
I broke my wrist last year and fractured my ankle (same side, left). The worst part for me was I got a little depressed from losing all the weight and lost motivation to go back because I felt so weak and small once I was healed. Don't let that happen because it just eats away the time you could have spent working out and gaining it back. Start out slow though because you don't want to hurt yourself again (especially your wrist since it's used in every lift outside of leg machines).

HGH sounds great but I have never done it so I can't comment on how it works for recovery.

akhusker
09-02-2012, 05:26 AM
I broke my wrist last year and fractured my ankle (same side, left). The worst part for me was I got a little depressed from losing all the weight and lost motivation to go back because I felt so weak and small once I was healed. Don't let that happen because it just eats away the time you could have spent working out and gaining it back. Start out slow though because you don't want to hurt yourself again (especially your wrist since it's used in every lift outside of leg machines).

HGH sounds great but I have never done it so I can't comment on how it works for recovery.

How long did it take til u could use your wrist in the gym? You still have problems with it?

Baited
09-05-2012, 01:27 AM
How long did it take til u could use your wrist in the gym? You still have problems with it?
Had a hard cast on for 6 weeks. Wasn't a really bad break like some could be, didn't need pins. It took about another month though for the ROM and strength to get back. I had some discomfort and lack of strength so I bought some wrist wraps and they really helped with pressing because my weak point was my wrist.
I bought these http://www.flexcart.com/members/elitefts/default.asp?cid=300&m=PD&pid=2186 On the expensive side as far as wraps go but I really like them. Inzer makes some cheaper ones that get good reviews too.

Anyways, total time out after the cast was around 2-3 weeks light and 6 weeks before I could get around to where I was before. Wrist wraps are amazing.

BIGBOSS
09-05-2012, 01:35 AM
Sorry to here that bro. I agree with PAiN. HGH will definently do the trick for you and of course time.

TheGrrrl
09-05-2012, 01:37 AM
So I was on my Indian riding home from the gym and traffic came to a screeching halt and I downed my bike and broke the scaphoid bone in my wrist and will need surgery! FML! I am on week 8 of my cycle and will continue to the end, but am thinking about what to take later to speed up my recovery! I read an article on T3 at a low dose helps feed your body better nutrient wise, but do you guys have any advise on peptides or anything else to help out? I am bummed because I wanted to do that BB show in October, the doc said even if they don't do surgery, although its snapped completely in half, it would be 3 months in a cast, with even longer for therapy! So fill me in guys!

No t3, especially for this issue. You may want to look at running some low dose of HGH. I have heard some wonder stories about how it has sped up recovery. there is one caveat, though, these people had been using it for a while. There are other cases where I have heard that HGH helps in the short term as well,especially with tendon issues.

ODB
09-05-2012, 02:51 PM
Now to the important issue ...hows the Indian?

I have had success w/GH + GHRP 6

topp jimie
09-06-2012, 05:04 PM
I've hurt my wrist before.NO FUN! couldnt even hold a barbell it hurt so much.took FOREVER to heal.

cjp847
09-16-2012, 02:16 PM
I broke my wrist many years ago. And still to this day it hurts. Don't rush anything, u will have enough time to go to the gym. If you rush it u could cause more problems down the road.

pinstripe yank
09-16-2012, 04:27 PM
"regardless of what u take nothing is going to get u back in the gym (working out with more than very light weights) in less than 6 months (with the type of injury you are describing)"

^take note. The key to recovory is time and rest. I chipped a bone fragment in my ankle which cut my ligament in half then a month after recovering fully from that i crashed my motorcycle and shatterd my knee. You are going to have atrophy, its gonna suck but just get them legs ripped in the mean time and rest. I was walking round on crutches in the gym doing upperbody while recovoring.

Camzilla
09-17-2012, 12:08 AM
Scaphoid is a bitch Bro, sorry to hear it.
Be careful and dont rush it. Scaphoid is a weird bone. Only two vessels to it, one entering, and one exiting. Both are side by side, so when it breaks, the broken part doesnt have any blood supply and therefore dies and becomes necrotic. This is why surg is important. It places the bones back together to allow the blood to reach all parts thru the bone. If the bone is not set and becomes necrotic, the only solution is to remove it, which causes a permanent issue with hand mobility.
Be safe and take care of it Bro.

akhusker
10-08-2012, 10:31 AM
The Indian is good, I fixed it that same week, just waiting on the new tank to come in so I can paint it!

akhusker
10-08-2012, 10:40 AM
Yeah it's been a bitch, I'm out of the cast now and have a half cast thing I have to wear when I'm going work and sleeping, mobility is getting better but still very poor and painful when any small amount of pressure is on the bone. It healed well on one side but poor on the other which is the outside portion. The muscle around my thumb must have been cut a bit to much during surgery because I have had lots of problems with it. But I know time is what I need, luckily I'm a full time student so it's been keeping me busy and my mind off of the gym, but it still sucks, I miss it!