PDA

View Full Version : Would the mods please make a forum for BTC and subforums for different apps, wallets, etc.

Jimring
04-06-2019, 04:35 PM
I know I am not the only one that is having a dificult time with bTC

since my last post about it I have installed electrum on my pc, set up a blockchain account on phone and wells as abra, set up a localbitcoin account, and am still have btc in coinbase invest because i cant figure out how to withdraw it back into my bank account (I thought I did several days ago but apparently not, but the value looks to have shot up the last week so that is okay I guess).

Ive run into problems with each one. For instance with abra's sister program, simplex, it asks for a btc address. I cant find my btc in the blockchain app or any other app or btc site Ive registered. Now Ive got my debit card and bank account so spread out all over these sites I probably need to delete them when I get this figured out and get new accounts at my banks.

when I copy the bar code for my address in abra, then paste it into the adres field, the app tells me it isnt a real address, and so on.

I realize that millions of people have figured out how to use BTC but I am at least average intelligence, and have spent a couple dozen hours trying to figure this out.

Can't BoP just have a forum for using BTC with subforums for specific apps ?

Oldude
04-06-2019, 05:21 PM
Man...I feel ya. Bitcoin is kicking my ass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Radman69
04-06-2019, 05:47 PM
https://brotherhoodofpain.com/forum41/

Jimring
04-06-2019, 08:19 PM
Yes, I just saw that one forum for btc just now after making this original post earlier today.

But in the mean time I got coinmama to work to buy BTC and transfer it to blockchain.com, then blockchain.com it to the source for payment. Bros will probably give reasons not to use one of the other but they both worked for me

In case anyone reading this hasnt figured this much out you need one program to buy it and sell it and another to pay with it. Blockchain.com is anonymous and used to send btc for payment.

A couple of them I tried using earlier would only let me buy FIVE dollars worth of btc with a credit or debit card. coinmama had a 15k limit for cards, I think. They charge 25% fee for using a card which is standard from what I can tell.

Jimring
04-26-2020, 03:42 PM
voyager app is pretty intuitive. if you dont mind setting up your bank account on it and buying it that way, then you can send it directly to whomever has a bitcoin address

Dungan23
04-27-2020, 05:30 AM
Dude, cashapp to blockchain to sponsor, doesn’t get any easier honestly. When I first looked into bitcoin I was clueless, nervous n thought for sure I was gonna get ripped off somehow, but I took the chance downloaded both apps previously mentioned got approved for withdraws n bam haven’t looked back that was about a year ago, I can do everything from the comfort of my bed..

Firebirdz
04-28-2020, 10:11 PM
Dude, cashapp to blockchain to sponsor, doesn’t get any easier honestly. When I first looked into bitcoin I was clueless, nervous n thought for sure I was gonna get ripped off somehow, but I took the chance downloaded both apps previously mentioned got approved for withdraws n bam haven’t looked back that was about a year ago, I can do everything from the comfort of my bed..

Agreed completely! So worried ill f up and lose my coins at first. Now its so easy i never even think about it. I prefer Electrum wallet better myself. Just because the coins are kept offline so if im storing any i feel more safe that way.

Ive been lucky to buy cheaper and hold them until i need something or the price goes up and forces me to spend.

kubes
04-29-2020, 12:21 AM
If you have a btc atm it’s easier then using coinbase or coinmama to purchase btc. You have most of it right coinbase and coinmama are both s btc exchange. After you purchase funds you move your btc to a secure wallet. Blockchain mycelium electrum etc.... if you have a btc atm you can go straight from the atm to your secure wallet and cut out the other exchange

thebear
04-29-2020, 01:19 AM
If you have a btc atm it’s easier then using coinbase or coinmama to purchase btc. You have most of it right coinbase and coinmama are both s btc exchange. After you purchase funds you move your btc to a secure wallet. Blockchain mycelium electrum etc.... if you have a btc atm you can go straight from the atm to your secure wallet and cut out the other exchange

Use BTC atm today. So quick and easy. Cash in, scan wallet and boom [emoji95]
https://media1.giphy.com/media/LukAHGCMfxMbK/giphy.gif

kubes
04-29-2020, 01:34 AM

Way easier!

Jimring
05-05-2020, 02:14 PM
Way easier!

w dont have those in the sticks. Ive heard other brothers say the same thing, so I know I'm not the only one. I would have to drive for hours to get to one. I will however read up on it and try it the next time I go to the city (which is about once a year)

Jimring
05-05-2020, 02:17 PM

I think its because Ive only done it a couple times in a couple years. probably get used to it more when I use it more

Frome
05-05-2020, 06:25 PM
This is so helpful! I’m fortunate enough to have a bunch of them nearby. I will definitely be going this route in the future.

Frome
05-05-2020, 06:27 PM
I’m sold. F MoneyGram!