PDA

View Full Version : Injection site red and hot

jbstafford290
04-21-2019, 03:33 AM
I did a delt injection the other day and now the area is red and hot. What type of infection meds should I take brothers? I have taken amoxicillin twice today and 800 mg ibuprofen but the kids have some bacterial infection meds in the refrigerator. In the morning if it is not better I'll got to urgent care or hospital. Probably doesn't help I did arms today

Cmack053
04-21-2019, 03:49 AM
Its not an infection. Just put a hot towel on it and alternate with some ice. Are you alternating injection sites? And what are you running?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

SadSavage1
04-21-2019, 03:51 AM
I did a delt injection the other day and now the area is red and hot. What type of infection meds should I take brothers? I have taken amoxicillin twice today and 800 mg ibuprofen but the kids have some bacterial infection meds in the refrigerator. In the morning if it is not better I'll got to urgent care or hospital. Probably doesn't help I did arms todayBrother the amoxicillin is fine, I've had so many bumps and redness after injection lol just don't panic it will go away [emoji106]

Sent from my moto e5 supra using Tapatalk

jbstafford290
04-21-2019, 03:59 AM
I rotate injection site between glutes, delts, & quads. Running DHB, Sust, & Deca. I think I know what might have caused it. It was the last of the DHB in this vial and its had a hard time staying together. I've had to bring it make to life twice. That might have played a part. My wife just said thank God for BOP right now bc she would be flipping out. I got a bag of peas out the freezer on it now. Thanks brothers

Bigdaddyperk
04-21-2019, 04:03 AM
Dont stress its not gonna be an infection that fast...is it just red hot and hard ?prob just inflamed... starts feeling spongy... infection... take Ibuprofen keep ice on it massage it..... you'll know if it starts getting infected then go to the doctor...

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

jbstafford290
04-21-2019, 04:11 AM
Icing it now. What about using some icy hot before bed? I know it's good to alternate hot and cold. Yeah perk just hot and hard

Bigdaddyperk
04-21-2019, 04:13 AM
Icing it now. What about using some icy hot before bed? I know it's good to alternate hot and cold. Yeah perk just hot and hardNo icy hot bro...

jbstafford290
04-21-2019, 04:16 AM
No icy hot bro...

Thanks perk

Bigdaddyperk
You just hit a bad spot injected too fast moved it around or something it's just inflamed it's not infected keep ice on it massage it let it take its course

Bigdaddyperk
If it starts swelling up or feeling spongy then it may be infected don't be scared to go to the doctor

Bigdaddyperk
04-21-2019, 04:18 AM
Icy Hot for inflamed sore muscles that's not the case here

Docmartin1020
04-21-2019, 09:20 AM
I rotate injection site between glutes, delts, & quads. Running DHB, Sust, & Deca. I think I know what might have caused it. It was the last of the DHB in this vial and its had a hard time staying together. I've had to bring it make to life twice. That might have played a part. My wife just said thank God for BOP right now bc she would be flipping out. I got a bag of peas out the freezer on it now. Thanks brothersHey bro I just went through the same situation. My right delt and bicep blew up like a balloon and my arm was so red and hot. I just let it run its course and right now it's getting a lot better

Sent from my SM-J737VPP using Tapatalk

jbstafford290
04-21-2019, 01:33 PM
Hey bro I just went through the same situation. My right delt and bicep blew up like a balloon and my arm was so red and hot. I just let it run its course and right now it's getting a lot better

Sent from my SM-J737VPP using Tapatalk

It feels alot better this morning. Going to continue to ice today and take the day off from lifting

cherrybombfitnes
04-21-2019, 01:45 PM
Things like DHB that are hard to keep suspended will crash immediately after you inject inside the muscle and cause that. Especially if you injected some solids from the bottom of the vial.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Biggaintime
04-21-2019, 01:49 PM
If you die can I have all your stuff

jbstafford290
04-21-2019, 02:11 PM
If you die can I have all your stuff

Haha yeah big time I'll make sure to leave you all my gear in my will

jbstafford290
04-21-2019, 05:19 PM
Some swelling has went down to my elbow but I have tennis elbow as well so not sure. I shouldn't have done hammer curls yesterday. Still iceing it if it doesnt get some what better by tomorrow I'll go to doctor

Cmack053
04-21-2019, 08:26 PM
Working out the arm is beneficial. It increases bloodflow to the area which will help rid the body of it. Someone said it earlier. The dhb defintly was partly out of suspension during inject and you got some solids in there. I just had this happen to my leg. I just didnt look at the vial and didnt heat it like i usually do anyway and my quad was inflammed for about a week. But honestly it looked really good. Almost did it to my other quad on purpose hehe jk.....

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Diesel1965
04-22-2019, 01:04 AM
I did a delt injection the other day and now the area is red and hot. What type of infection meds should I take brothers? I have taken amoxicillin twice today and 800 mg ibuprofen but the kids have some bacterial infection meds in the refrigerator. In the morning if it is not better I'll got to urgent care or hospital. Probably doesn't help I did arms today

What did you inject?
How fast did you push the gear in?
And how much did you inject brother?

C_Biz
04-22-2019, 05:03 AM
If it is an infection don’t ice it bro that won’t help but you’ll be able to tell in a day if it is or not

Bigdaddyperk
04-22-2019, 09:13 PM
Hows the arm today bro?

Unknown348
04-22-2019, 11:31 PM
Thank god for this thread lol. Just did a delt shot on Saturday and I could immediately tell something wasn’t right. Today is Monday and it’s getting alittle better. Still hard to lift my arm straight up. But I think I may have gone to low. Also it’s a blend so pip is gonna happen. But now I feel better so thank you

WindyCityBeast
04-23-2019, 03:24 AM
I disagree, I say yes icy hot. Put it all over the area, if u use cannabis, now's the time, and stretch the living hell out of it. Get blood flow, break up scar tissue that may have formed, dissipate any fluids that are inflaming.... work that stuff out. I'd even suggest lateral flys if light dumbells are nearby.