PDA

View Full Version : Increasing Calories while on cycle?

LASB
04-25-2019, 02:19 PM
BOP - Hopefully this is the correct section, if not please point me in the right direction.

Just about to start my first cycle and am still questioning the amount of calories i will be aiming for while on.

My question is, do you increase your calories when on cycle? i'm assuming upping protein will be a given.

Cheers BOP

maxmuscle1
04-25-2019, 02:44 PM
BOP - Hopefully this is the correct section, if not please point me in the right direction.

Just about to start my first cycle and am still questioning the amount of calories i will be aiming for while on.

My question is, do you increase your calories when on cycle? i'm assuming upping protein will be a given.

Cheers BOP

Protein for sure. But we would need more information mate. Stats, goals, etc!!!

Max

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NightHawkDC2
04-25-2019, 02:54 PM

Cheers BOPI seriously never understood the "upping the protein" philosophy. If you're eating ~1g/lb of bodyweight, you are GOLDEN. Seriously, your body becomes MORE EFFICIENT at partitioning on gear, so "let's eat MORE protein!" I don't get that.

Ppl think they need more protein bulking than cutting, and more on cycle than off. Both of those are backwards.

Calories: are you bulking or cutting? That's what decides how many cals to eat...not the gear. Just realize that everything will be skewed to muscle gain on cycle. Do you want to be leaner or build size? THAT decides your calorie level...and if you can't make that decision, maybe it's not time for you to jump on gear.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

GymPrincess
04-25-2019, 03:01 PM
I seriously never understood the "upping the protein" philosophy. If you're eating ~1g/lb of bodyweight, you are GOLDEN. Seriously, your body becomes MORE EFFICIENT at partitioning on gear, so "let's eat MORE protein!" I don't get that.

Ppl think they need more protein bulking than cutting, and more on cycle than off. Both of those are backwards.

Calories: are you bulking or cutting? That's what decides how many cals to eat...not the gear. Just realize that everything will be skewed to muscle gain on cycle. Do you want to be leaner or build size? THAT decides your calorie level...and if you can't make that decision, maybe it's not time for you to jump on gear.

Sent from my SM-G950U using TapatalkAgreed. I run higher protein during a cut for the other benefits. Some people are so dumb assuming I am eating more because of the gear. Protein goes down during a bulk too Haha.

Glad to see someone who has some knowledge that is legit.

Cant speak much to the OP since I am female and idk if men are different. I would guess similiar concepts but more calories generally.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

maxmuscle1
04-25-2019, 03:03 PM
I do not post negatively, but I almost

Drillit
04-25-2019, 03:09 PM
I seriously never understood the "upping the protein" philosophy. If you're eating ~1g/lb of bodyweight, you are GOLDEN. Seriously, your body becomes MORE EFFICIENT at partitioning on gear, so "let's eat MORE protein!" I don't get that.

Ill have to disagree with the protein quantity. On cycle, the gear lets your body use more nutrients (protein too). Off cycle, your body efficiently partitions 1g per lb of lean mass. On cycle you can take in much more. If your putting in the work in the gym, more protein=more new lean mass.
I currently get about 350g of protein per day (obviously bulking) and would not gain near as much muscle if I only took in 200.
I do agree that at some point your going to get diminishing returns but I dont think its at 1lb per gram for someone whos on.

NightHawkDC2
04-25-2019, 03:21 PM
Agreed. I run higher protein during a cut for the other benefits. Some people are so dumb assuming I am eating more because of the gear. Protein goes down during a bulk too Haha.

Glad to see someone who has some knowledge that is legit.

Cant speak much to the OP since I am female and idk if men are different. I would guess similiar concepts but more calories generally.

It's just normally harder to pack on muscle for women, AFAIK. You definitely can, it's just slower. All principles are same, I'd think. Women just have an added degree of difficulty. [emoji6]

Think of it this way you: You will gain/lose muscle AND fat when you cut/bulk. Training & gear skew the ratios favorably. More of what you gain ON will be muscle. Less you lose ON will be muscle. Trained individuals usually can't gain muscle in a calorie deficit. Gear CAN change that, depending on the drugs, program & individual.

animal23
04-25-2019, 03:59 PM
I'm cutting and eating 350g of protein
Gear increases protein synthesis!
Ratios go out the window! Pay attention to the mirror. Need to figure out if you can handle high carbs. Each person is different. You may need to do higher fats or a mix. It varies

Biggaintime
04-25-2019, 04:01 PM
I'll keep it simple kind of..
Take it or leave it. There's a million ways to skin a cat but when it comes to growing or shrinking I guess there's really only two ways. And thats more calories or less calories.

Eating just enough protein to prevent a deficiency may not exactly lead to the best possible performance. You've got to motha fuckn eat to grow. Obviously your size and weight will matter I'm sure you're not a 400 lb strongman eating 10 to 12 thousand calories a day. Look at Michael Phelps what does he eat 10000 calories a day? He burns a lot of calories you can see his oblique muscles he's in pretty good shape. In order for him to grow he would have to eat more than 10,000 calories a day if he also kept the same routine I'm swimming and working out . How many calories a day are you eating? If I'm underweight I can bulk off as little as 1200 calories a day. Again I would have to be underweight to do that. If I'm at weight I would need a hell of a lot more than that to grow. There's a reason why guys are drinking 15 eggs before they go to bed. Those are the type of guys that are on stage . The proof is in the pudding . So often I don't get enough protein. This hinders me . I wish I would practice what I preach more often . If a guy can grow and put on 40 to 60 lb more weight than he is natural off 1 pound per 1 gram I protein I would consider that guy very lucky or extremely good genetics . Ectomorph mesomorph endomorph weight size what you do for a living and your activities will make a difference there's no doubt about that .

What do steroids do? How do they work? I'm sure you already know that steroids cause your muscles to synthesize more protein. This is very important. This is a pretty good damn reason to take protein. I want everybody to keep in mind then obviously you need carbs and fat to grow as well. And when you're cutting your catabolic. That's as catabolic as you're going to get. You absolutely need protein it's your carbs if you want to cut down. Now I have just coincidentally proved that you need carbs to grow. This is one thing people sometimes forget.

If you were taking 1 gram of protein per 1 pound of body weight. And you do not increase your protein to feed your steroids then your steroids will go hungry in layman's terms and you are wasting your time.

Google copy paste
Eat High-Protein Foods. Anabolic steroids increase protein synthesis, which in turn, promotes muscle growth and repair. Your muscles act as a sponge and soak up the protein, carbs and other nutrients you consume.

If you're taking steroids and you want to grow. In fact let's leave the steroids out if you want to grow in general whether that be muscle or fat you have to eat if you want to gain fat you need to eat a lot of bulshit if you want to gain at quick pizza hamburgers milkshakes and make sure you sit on the couch and don't move you want it all to store as fat. If you're trying to gain muscle then you need to work out daily you need to stay active and you need to eat cleaner than you would if you were trying to gain fat but none the less you would have to eat any more than you normally would just like a growing baby. Kids go through growth spurts and they eat a lot. That's just common sense. It's important for your kids to have a well-balanced diet including protein.

Well I rambled on and probably didn't answer the question at all. I'm not your coach. I'm not your personal physician. I'm only 204th the smartest guy on here. Definitely not top 10. But I do know Common Sense. Yes up your calories and up your protein.

maxmuscle1
04-25-2019, 04:05 PM
Ratios go out the window! Pay attention to the mirror. Need to figure out if you can handle high carbs. Each person is different. You may need to do higher fats or a mix. It varies

Agreed! Proof is staring at the mirror with all that you excess protein! Lol

Max

Biggaintime
04-25-2019, 04:07 PM
There is no one-size-fits-all.
I wear a size 13 shoe. My neighbor is a small man probably weighs about a hundred and twenty pounds I'm not about to go over and put his shoes on and run on the treadmill. We have different bodies. Our bodies work differently but there are rules of thumb. Some say if you want to grow double your protein per pound. Others apparently say you don't need any extra protein at all. I wish that were me I would save a lot of money. There's nothing worse than not meeting my protein or calorie intake for the day. I immediately start losing weight and start looking flat.

Max is a pretty smart guy. Has a s*** ton of experience and knows his shit. I think he would say 2.5 -3 grams would change your body in the right direction for sure. Of course if you've never tried it you'll never know the true power of utilizing steroids and protein

maxmuscle1
04-25-2019, 04:09 PM
Take it or leave it. There's a million ways to skin a cat but when it comes to growing or shrinking I guess there's really only two ways. And thats more calories or less calories.

Eating just enough protein to prevent a deficiency may not exactly lead to the best possible performance. You've got to motha fuckn eat to grow. Obviously your size and weight will matter I'm sure you're not a 400 lb strongman eating 10 to 12 thousand calories a day. Look at Michael Phelps what does he eat 10000 calories a day? He burns a lot of calories you can see his oblique muscles he's in pretty good shape. In order for him to grow he would have to eat more than 10,000 calories a day if he also kept the same routine I'm swimming and working out . How many calories a day are you eating? If I'm underweight I can bulk off as little as 1200 calories a day. Again I would have to be underweight to do that. If I'm at weight I would need a hell of a lot more than that to grow. There's a reason why guys are drinking 15 eggs before they go to bed. Those are the type of guys that are on stage . The proof is in the pudding . So often I don't get enough protein. This hinders me . I wish I would practice what I preach more often . If a guy can grow and put on 40 to 60 lb more weight than he is natural off 1 pound per 1 gram I protein I would consider that guy very lucky or extremely good genetics . Ectomorph mesomorph endomorph weight size what you do for a living and your activities will make a difference there's no doubt about that .

What do steroids do? How do they work? I'm sure you already know that steroids cause your muscles to synthesize more protein. This is very important. This is a pretty good damn reason to take protein. I want everybody to keep in mind then obviously you need carbs and fat to grow as well. And when you're cutting your catabolic. That's as catabolic as you're going to get. You absolutely need protein it's your carbs if you want to cut down. Now I have just coincidentally proved that you need carbs to grow. This is one thing people sometimes forget.

If you were taking 1 gram of protein per 1 pound of body weight. And you do not increase your protein to feed your steroids then your steroids will go hungry in layman's terms and you are wasting your time.

Google copy paste
Eat High-Protein Foods. Anabolic steroids increase protein synthesis, which in turn, promotes muscle growth and repair. Your muscles act as a sponge and soak up the protein, carbs and other nutrients you consume.

If you're taking steroids and you want to grow. In fact let's leave the steroids out if you want to grow in general whether that be muscle or fat you have to eat if you want to gain fat you need to eat a lot of bulshit if you want to gain at quick pizza hamburgers milkshakes and make sure you sit on the couch and don't move you want it all to store as fat. If you're trying to gain muscle then you need to work out daily you need to stay active and you need to eat cleaner than you would if you were trying to gain fat but none the less you would have to eat any more than you normally would just like a growing baby. Kids go through growth spurts and they eat a lot. That's just common sense. It's important for your kids to have a well-balanced diet including protein.

Well I rambled on and probably didn't answer the question at all. I'm not your coach. I'm not your personal physician. I'm only 204th the smartest guy on here. Definitely not top 10. But I do know Common Sense. Yes up your calories and up your protein.

Well said Biggaintime!!

Max

maxmuscle1
04-25-2019, 04:11 PM
There is no one-size-fits-all.
I wear a size 13 shoe. My neighbor is a small man probably weighs about a hundred and twenty pounds I'm not about to go over and put his shoes on and run on the treadmill. We have different bodies. Our bodies work differently but there are rules of thumb. Some say if you want to grow double your protein per pound. Others apparently say you don't need any extra protein at all. I wish that were me I would save a lot of money. There's nothing worse than not meeting my protein or calorie intake for the day. I immediately start losing weight and start looking flat.

Max is a pretty smart guy. Has a s*** ton of experience and knows his shit. I think he would say 2.5 -3 grams would change your body in the right direction for sure. Of course if you've never tried it you'll never know the true power of utilizing steroids and protein

Now were talking! You are correct in that assumption. I do take 2.5 to 3 grams while on cycle. I grow like crazy!! I pay very close attention to carbohydrates as well(they can get complicated).

Max

Drillit
04-25-2019, 04:12 PM

The carb thing is a sensitive subject. I know people who can hammer carbs hard. I personally have to be careful about carb timing and what types of carbs. Everyone is different here I suppose.

Drillit
04-25-2019, 04:13 PM

Google copy paste

BGT I love you. 204th smartest guy here rotflmfao

Biggaintime
04-25-2019, 04:15 PM
The carb thing is a sensitive subject. I know people who can hammer carbs hard. I personally have to be careful about carb timing and what types of carbs. Everyone is different here I suppose.

I agree.
Just like estrogen estrogen can be tricky to because some people are so sensitive with gyno or already have gyno yet we need estrogen to grow. Oh boy let's not get started on the whole overuse of AI subject

I gauge Myself by looking in the mirror. I stare in the mirror straight I keep my hips straight and I turn my shoulders to the side while keeping my head straight that's how you pop out your love handles. Make sure you're doing it make it so you can compare it to your ass. Good thing my wife doesn't like ripped veiny guys

Biggaintime
04-25-2019, 04:16 PM
BGT I love you. 204th smartest guy here rotflmfao

If that one guy retires soon

maxmuscle1
04-25-2019, 04:17 PM
If that one guy retires soon

Ha! LMAO

Biggaintime
04-25-2019, 04:17 PM
I feel so sorry for the people that have to read my s*** before I get a chance to edit it 10 times oh boy. Sometimes I have trouble reading it myself

maxmuscle1
04-25-2019, 04:18 PM
I feel so sorry for the people that have to read my s*** before I get a chance to edit it 10 times oh boy. Sometimes I have trouble reading it myself

Reading too much is bad for protein synthesis!!

Max

animal23
04-25-2019, 04:22 PM
I have done cutting 2 different ways. I have kept fats moderate before will low carbs and moderate carbs with minimal fat

Most pro body builders like minimal fat with highest carbs while cutting. If you can keep carbs in there and keep getting leaner, you should grow some depending on gear. This is what is working really good for me. But, it's not healthy to live on very little fats. I still function fine, until last week I knocked myself out doing vaccums. That's another story lol

My current carbs are at 200g. I may even add more in. Everyone's different! Gl brotha!!

Biggaintime
04-25-2019, 04:32 PM
I could write five paragraphs on how I tie my shoe. But you know what it would be entertaining and fun to read

Biggaintime
04-25-2019, 04:37 PM
I have done cutting 2 different ways. I have kept fats moderate before will low carbs and moderate carbs with minimal fat

Most pro body builders like minimal fat with highest carbs while cutting. If you can keep carbs in there and keep getting leaner, you should grow some depending on gear. This is what is working really good for me. But, it's not healthy to live on very little fats. I still function fine, until last week I knocked myself out doing vaccums. That's another story lol

My current carbs are at 200g. I may even add more in. Everyone's different! Gl brotha!!

Don't you have your winning contest trophy to go polish?

Feels good to win a contest doesn't it. Of course you got to play to win. I guess that's one draw back as I can never play in a contest again. But I do enjoy hosting them. I love to play Robin Hood. I run a contest without the boss's permission LOL. And then I'll send him the winner in the address. I'm stealing from the rich and giving to the poor

Drillit
04-25-2019, 04:38 PM

My carbs are higher than theyve ever been. I just started raising them. Im at 400g on lift days. Kind of an all out blitz to get to 210 before I dial back to recomp type calories to shred up a little. Full disclosure: Im running slin 3x a day with the carbs.
Im glycogen loaded, full and wet as fuck!

maxmuscle1
04-25-2019, 04:39 PM
My carbs are higher than theyve ever been. I just started raising them. Im at 400g on lift days. Kind of an all out blitz to get to 210 before I dial back to recomp type calories to shred up a little. Full disclosure: Im running slin 3x a day with the carbs.
Im glycogen loaded, full and wet as fuck!

Nice!

animal23
04-25-2019, 04:42 PM
Don't you have your winning contest trophy to go polish?

Feels good to win a contest doesn't it. Of course you got to play to win. I guess that's one draw back as I can never play in a contest again. But I do enjoy hosting them. I love to play Robin Hood. I run a contest without the boss's permission LOL. And then I'll send him the winner in the address. I'm stealing from the rich and giving to the poor

You know how to make me feel special lmao

LASB
04-25-2019, 11:59 PM
Cheers for all the mixed response's, i defiantly didn't expect to get that many reply's to be honest.

OK first thing first, it was late and i was tired when i posted the original post.. i should have included more info and reasoning behind my question and accept the few response's i got that where kind of blunt in regards to the "upping the protein a given".

My thought process behind the upping the protein (i would be upping fats/carbs also) was due to Protein synthesis and the affects the gear will have.. that is all. i was looking for personal theory's and personal input on what people have actually done, Now i didn't stat what my stats are or my goals are either which is obviously a major part in my question.

stats below, Hoping to put on and retain around 15lbs - 22lbs (7kg - 10kg)
5.5" (168cm)
187lbs (85kg)
body fat - Guessing 18% - 20%
3200 calories per day
Cycle will be basic as it is my first - 500mg Test E p/w

Appreciate the responses so far BOP

Biggaintime
04-26-2019, 01:06 AM

Biggaintime
04-26-2019, 01:08 AM
Cheers for all the mixed response's, i defiantly didn't expect to get that many reply's to be honest.

OK first thing first, it was late and i was tired when i posted the original post.. i should have included more info and reasoning behind my question and accept the few response's i got that where kind of blunt in regards to the "upping the protein a given".

My thought process behind the upping the protein (i would be upping fats/carbs also) was due to Protein synthesis and the affects the gear will have.. that is all. i was looking for personal theory's and personal input on what people have actually done, Now i didn't stat what my stats are or my goals are either which is obviously a major part in my question.

5.5" (168cm)
187lbs (85kg)
3200 calories per day

Appreciate the responses so far BOP

Perfect first cycle.
Would like to 250 @ 2 times a week

Cmack053
04-26-2019, 01:28 AM
Wow someone actually did research and chose a basic and responsible first cycle...maybe all isnt lost

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

GymPrincess
04-26-2019, 01:46 AM

5.5" (168cm)
187lbs (85kg)
3200 calories per day

Appreciate the responses so far BOPI am 5'7 and 191lbs last dexa scan showed me at 25% bf. I tried something different this time with my diet. I personally found a higher protein and higher fat with lower carbs looks like it helped with leaning out more. To gain mass, I lowered my protein a bit and did higher carbs and lower fat. I am going in on the 3rd of may to get another dexa scan so then I will know what my bf gain/loss was compared to LBM gain/loss

I love math and equations and after much playing around I came to about 1.5g per LBM lb or 1.2g per TBW while geared for protein.

Good luck with your first run! Also happy to see someone starting decent and not blasting 1000 out the gates. [emoji28]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

LASB
04-26-2019, 01:59 AM
Wow someone actually did research and chose a basic and responsible first cycle...maybe all isnt lost

Cheers, I've even had my bloods done prior too... this is something I've thought about for years so i want to get the most out of it as possible. I always try to do the best at everything in all aspects of life. If your going to do something you might aswell do it to the best of your abilities... slightly ocd in some areas my wife tells me

LASB
04-26-2019, 02:01 AM
Perfect first cycle.
Would like to 250 @ 2 times a week

Yep, 250 x 2 p/w . Got all my pct and AI's covered too

Diesel1965
04-26-2019, 03:42 AM
Ill have to disagree with the protein quantity. On cycle, the gear lets your body use more nutrients (protein too). Off cycle, your body efficiently partitions 1g per lb of lean mass. On cycle you can take in much more. If your putting in the work in the gym, more protein=more new lean mass.
I currently get about 350g of protein per day (obviously bulking) and would not gain near as much muscle if I only took in 200.
I do agree that at some point your going to get diminishing returns but I dont think its at 1lb per gram for someone whos on.

How many grams of carbohydrates are you currently taking in brother?

Drillit
04-26-2019, 09:33 AM
How many grams of carbohydrates are you currently taking in brother?

Currently 400 grams.

cherrybombfitnes
04-26-2019, 02:25 PM
First of all, protein is highly overrated in the bodybuilding world. Guys talk about 2-3g per pound of body weight which is absolutely retarded and wrong. 1g is plenty. Its the other calories you may need to increase if anything. A lot of people try too hard and all it does is slow them down in the long run with constipation etc.

Curious, how long have you been lifting?

cherrybombfitnes
04-26-2019, 02:35 PM
1.5g at most for me anyway. Some of these guys may do okay with a shit Loads more but Im guessing they have slow metabolisms as well. However its not necessary to eat that much. Give yourself a small increase over your natural anabolic amount and go with that first. 3g of protein per pound of body weight is definitely not the norm for most people. That is a lot and its simply not necessary especially when you have protein synthesis in overdrive.

cherrybombfitnes
04-26-2019, 02:38 PM

Whats your weight?

Cmack053
04-26-2019, 02:39 PM
Theres just waay to many factors/variables that play into protein synthesis. But i have to say if you dont know what kind of diet you need and what macros work for you specifically then you haven't reached your full potential without using aas. Just a thought.

cherrybombfitnes
04-26-2019, 02:45 PM
sorry for the retard bomb. Its not retarded but I do believe its overkill. Increasing by 1g of protein over normal intake is more than enough though. Your body is a absolutely NOT turning 3g of protein into muscle everyday for each pound of lean mass. Its just not. If it was you would have guys able to gain 60-70lbs off a single cycle and we all know thats not possible with even the craziest PED stack. Like was stated above there is a point of diminished returns and also a point of increased problems and decreased progress. More is not necessarily better. I think most of us know that no matter what aspect of bodybuilding or drugs we are talking about.

cherrybombfitnes
04-26-2019, 02:46 PM
Theres just waay to many factors/variables that play into protein synthesis. But i have to say if you dont know what kind of diet you need and what macros work for you specifically then you haven't reached your full potential without using aas. Just a thought.

I was gonna say that but didnt wanna be a dick today lol but I also agree that you should experiment more with food before you do a first cycle. You do have much progress to be gained naturally first ideally.

Biggaintime
04-26-2019, 03:02 PM
Yep, 250 x 2 p/w . Got all my pct and AI's covered too

Noice
Sounds GOOD

Drillit
04-26-2019, 03:03 PM
Whats your weight?

204 as of yesterday.

Cowboymike
04-26-2019, 03:10 PM
First of all, protein is highly overrated in the bodybuilding world. Guys talk about 2-3g per pound of body weight which is absolutely retarded and wrong. 1g is plenty. Its the other calories you may need to increase if anything. A lot of people try too hard and all it does is slow them down in the long run with constipation etc.

Curious, how long have you been lifting?

How do you know its absolutely retarded and wrong? Id go with 3 is probably to many... but I dont say that based on any factual evidence I uncovered... its pure speculation.

But since you say its wrong with such conviction, Im curious if you have the accurate data you can link me in with so I can read up...

When Im not eating a minimum of 1.5g of protein per lb, I do not make any gains. Ive tried 1g to 1lb and I lost mass...

So this is actually a well timed discussion for me as Im having help designing the diet Ill be going into in 9weeks or so to start bulking. From what Im being told we are calculating 2/1 of goal weight I plan to finish at.

So far, when talking to the giants, its pretty average hearing them say 1.5-2g to 1lb... of goal weight... that even when off cycle to drop it to 1.5-2g to 1lb of actual weight.

Now carbs is my arch nemesis and where Im having the biggest trouble. Im super sensitive to carbs it seems... and Im damned if I do, damned if I dont eat enough of them so I can grow... I learned recently the harsh lessons of net carbs.. that I can not eat 60g carbs and then 95g of fiber... if I consume more than 200g net carbs in a day, bf just jumps right back on fast and furious.... if I dont consume at least 100net carbs in a day, my body turns on the hungry hungry hippo button and I can not be fulfilled. Then I also suffer extreme fatigue all day and it makes it next to opposite to stay awake and without brain fog...

SO, what Ive witnessed with my own body so far is that if I want to gain, my protein needs to be 1.5-2g to 1lb of target weight.... my fat intake needs to be about 1/2 of what ever my protein is going to be. My carbs can be no less than Net 100g/d (during a cut) and ill be finding out about where it needs to be for a bulk next.. but now Im in the pickle. 200g net carbs equals bf expansion within the second week... cant really build bulking macros based upon those numbers as it sits...

So I will be researching all of this over the next few weeks heavily. So I can understand what is being told to me by whomever will be helping me design my macro plan...

I can put 2n2 together though... I know this will lead to timing of the macros... and I will of course be looking into Insulin if im going to go with carb timing...

So my question is, can you point to the studies (hopefully in simpleton terms) that can either debunk what the big dudes are telling me or show me beyond a shadow of a doubt it is not the correct path?

Ah! Also I learned our body can only process up to 45g of protein per meal with at a minimum of at least one hour between meals. (Provided that the digestive track is operating at full potential) so this would also play a factor into how many meals per day would need to be required.

Cowboymike
04-26-2019, 03:14 PM
204 as of yesterday.

Effin beast mode

Biggaintime
04-26-2019, 03:16 PM
So 1 gram protein per 1 lb on gear ?
So whats natural ? .5grams ?? Or .25 ??

Ive tried only 1 gram to build. Not on purpose but because I was poor. It didn't work. Personally it was a good way to maintain my weight. Personally I can only speak for myself not sure how you guys do it. But I can put on 40 lb in one cycle easy. Last time I did I think it was about two months . Keep in mind that I have to be underweight in order to do this. That is the only way for me personally. I have fluctuated as much as 80 lb at a time. Throughout the years. If a person's never ate three grams per pound. Depending on the individual could really be missing out. Personally I can't afford to play with just one gram or less. At this time I'm not interested in losing any weight. There's definitely all kinds of factors to consider. If you work construction pouring concrete in the desert for 10 hours a day you're going to need more calories and you're going to need a s*** ton of carbs. If you're in an air-conditioned desk job you may only need half that or less. Carbs are very important for gaining estrogen is very important for gaining protein is very important for gaining. If you've never put on big numbers 20 30 40 lb in a cycle and kept your waist the same. Then I would suggest a person upping their protein.

Drillit
04-26-2019, 03:23 PM
Effin beast mode

Hell yea. I should hit 20# gain this bulk.

Biggaintime
04-26-2019, 03:27 PM
Here is my most recent picture
I took 10 years off and been off and on for the last year.
I couldn't even train back and biceps because horrible tendonitis until about two months ago.
Not bad for taking 10 years off eh

THEJOSHUA1980
04-26-2019, 03:34 PM
yes... increase them...by about 300-500 week if you arent gaining.....depending on your body type...myself i have to gorge myself with cals high carbs for size...a person withmore bodyfat is different

Biggaintime
04-26-2019, 03:34 PM
Feed me Seymour feed me.
You've got to feed your steroids. They are so hungry and want to eat so bad.

Cowboymike
04-26-2019, 03:35 PM

Ive tried only 1 gram to build. Not on purpose but because I was poor. It didn't work. Personally it was a good way to maintain my weight. Personally I can only speak for myself not sure how you guys do it. But I can put on 40 lb in one cycle easy. Last time I did I think it was about two months . Keep in mind that I have to be underweight in order to do this. That is the only way for me personally. I have fluctuated as much as 80 lb at a time. Throughout the years. If a person's never ate three grams per pound. Depending on the individual could really be missing out. Personally I can't afford to play with just one gram or less. At this time I'm not interested in losing any weight. There's definitely all kinds of factors to consider. If you work construction pouring concrete in the desert for 10 hours a day you're going to need more calories and you're going to need a s*** ton of carbs. If you're in an air-conditioned desk job you may only need half that or less. Carbs are very important for gaining estrogen is very important for gaining protein is very important for gaining. If you've never put on big numbers 20 30 40 lb in a cycle and kept your waist the same. Then I would suggest a person upping their protein.

^^^^this is what I need to hear^^^^ the personal experience that goes hand in hand with what I have read and others have said..

Ive never gained that many pounds in a cycle... and Im wanting to, moving forward from here on out... the carbs are where I need to figure shit out at I believe...

But now Im also in a catch 22 with estrogen... if I get above 80, even if my test is over 6k free over 2k... I get all the shit sides from high E... everything down to the migraines... if I hover just at about 55-65 I still get a few high E sides but not to bad and no lumps... but the fatigue, brain fog, no sex drive all show up and screw me up... so I looked of ratios and the study said a ratio of 50 is needed to maintain a balance... but this past cycle that would have been reading for E to be 680+ ....... how in the flying flipper flap would I even handle that high? But then I ran across the Stanford studies that specifically state that there is no known proper ratio... but they have a bloody calculator for it... so wtf? In the Harvard study I read theyre linking prostate cancer issue la being caused by E imbalance and getting further away from Test having much to do with it...

Sorry to slip off in my head there lol.. but I will be researching all of this for the next few weeks until I find answers.

The ratio calculator
Testosterone to Estradiol Ratio Calculator - Omni (https://www.omnicalculator.com/health/t-e2-ratio)

Cmack053
04-26-2019, 03:39 PM
I hate protein talk lol. But seriously everything ive researched and people ive talked to that have been involved in studies like this.

Natural nobodies can get away with something like

0.5g to 0.8g per kg/bw

Natural bodybuilders a little more due to oxidative stress and needing it to properly recover.

1.2 to 1.5g per kg of your goal bw

The brotherhood:

Considering AAS HGH insulin and everything else we can get our oversized hands on.

1.8 to 2.2 per kg of goal bw.

Example: projected weight of 230lb or 105kg i should be consuming around 230g of protein per day which translates to roughly 38g a meal.

This is what i go by for the most part but to each is own

Biggaintime
04-26-2019, 03:48 PM
Well you know we're not trying to let her estrogen just get out of control. If I'm losing my sex drive or getting a little softy. Well let's just say we can't be having that happen. I have all telltale signs. My eyes get puffy I tell people it's allergies people tell me I'm smoking weed. I watch my cheeks looking in the mirror straight I measure my cheeks visually with my ears. If that makes sense. If I'm on Anadrol which personally I put on a lot of water you can say goodbye to my ears my head will be all cheeks. I've had sensitive nipples throughout my lifejust a few times. Luckily no gyno no lumps. You better believe if my nipples are getting sensitive I'm going to be popping a pill. I ain't get no f****** gyno. Your body fat plays a role. When I was young I could do a thousand mg test and 50 mg dbol with no AI. Of course I was completely shredded veins popping out of my chest. And I biked 15 miles a day. So you could say my estrogen was naturally very low. Unfortunately I was still a young man didn't have much money couldn't afford a lot of food and certainly couldn't get the right amount of protein. So that that age I gain more strength and I did size. Can't quote numbers on E I wouldn't even pretend to try. And I'm too lazy to go Google something and pretend I wrote it. Hey that would be a good idea....

You know what hold on I'll be right back....

Okay so here's a research study I just found on Google I'm going to copy and paste it and post it here

When taking anabolic steroids a male would need to take in 6 grams of protein per one pound of body weight. This study was done in 2017. The study consisted of two males, average height and body fat. And one freelance gerbil. Both males were taking estrogen. One already considered himself a woman. The other even on meds believed he was Marilyn Monroe.

So the hump is to store water when we are in the desert, the legs are for walking through the desert and these eyelashes protect my eyes from the desert than what in god’s name are we doing here in the Zoo!?”

Moral of the story
Eat more Protien

Cowboymike
04-26-2019, 03:56 PM
Well you know we're not trying to let her estrogen just get out of control. If I'm losing my sex drive or getting a little softy. Well let's just say we can't be having that happen. I have all telltale signs. My eyes get puffy I tell people it's allergies people tell me I'm smoking weed. I watch my cheeks looking in the mirror straight I measure my cheeks visually with my ears. If that makes sense. If I'm on Anadrol which personally I put on a lot of water you can say goodbye to my ears my head will be all cheeks. I've had sensitive nipples throughout my lifejust a few times. Luckily no gyno no lumps. You better believe if my nipples are getting sensitive I'm going to be popping a pill. I ain't get no f****** gyno. Your body fat plays a role. When I was young I could do a thousand mg test and 50 mg dbol with no AI. Of course I was completely shredded veins popping out of my chest. And I biked 15 miles a day. So you could say my estrogen was naturally very low. Unfortunately I was still a young man didn't have much money couldn't afford a lot of food and certainly couldn't get the right amount of protein. So that that age I gain more strength and I did size. Can't quote numbers on E I wouldn't even pretend to try. And I'm too lazy to go Google something and pretend I wrote it. Hey that would be a good idea....

You know what hold on I'll be right back....

Okay so here's a research study I just found on Google I'm going to copy and paste it and post it here

When taking anabolic steroids a male would need to take in 6 grams of protein per one pound of body weight. This study was done in 2017. The study consisted of two males, average height and body fat. And one freelance gerbil. Both males were taking estrogen. One already considered himself a woman. The other even on meds believed he was Marilyn Monroe.

So the hump is to store water when we are in the desert, the legs are for walking through the desert and these eyelashes protect my eyes from the desert than what in god’s name are we doing here in the Zoo!?”

Moral of the story
Eat more Protien

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] i was told to turkey baste 50g of protein in my keister and jam 3 plugs in after it and duct tape the cheeks together to keep it all in... I could even wet down some oatmeal to a paste like consistency to apply and seal around the hole to prevent any leakage...

Biggaintime
04-26-2019, 03:58 PM
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] i was told to turkey baste 50g of protein in my keister and jam 3 plugs in after it and duct tape the cheeks together to keep it all in... I could even wet down some oatmeal to a paste like consistency to apply and seal around the hole to prevent any leakage...

Something tells me you had a good teacher

maxmuscle1
04-26-2019, 03:58 PM

Im gonna try and booty bump some protein now! Better absorption! Lol

Max

Cowboymike
04-26-2019, 04:00 PM
Im gonna try and booty bump some protein now! Better absorption! Lol

Max

Exacry Daniel son! [emoji23]

Biggaintime
04-26-2019, 04:01 PM
I’m gonna try and booty bump some protein now! Better absorption! Lol

Max

Add cough syrup or a tide pod
1 hour before work out
Good pumps

maxmuscle1
04-26-2019, 04:03 PM
Add cough syrup or a tide pod
1 hour before work out
Good pumps

Tide pods! Gronk!!

Biggaintime
04-26-2019, 04:03 PM
If you're going to booty bump the peanut butter you're going to need baby wipes later toilet paper doesn't cut it

I can probably Brew you up some booty bump pre workouts but you don't want to go too deep because of pip. Unless of course you're a seasoned veteran

Cowboymike
04-26-2019, 04:04 PM
If you're going to booty bump the peanut butter you're going to need baby wipes later toilet paper doesn't cut it

I can probably Brew you up some booty bump pre workouts but you don't want to go too deep because of pip. Unless of course you're a seasoned veteran

Well throw a little salt and pepper and call me seasoned [emoji23][emoji23]

Biggaintime
04-26-2019, 04:05 PM
Well throw a little salt and pepper and call me seasoned [emoji23][emoji23]

I had a feeling you were just going to own that.

Cowboymike
04-26-2019, 04:08 PM
I had a feeling you were just going to own that.

Im all about transparency [emoji23]

Biggaintime
04-26-2019, 04:13 PM
I’m all about transparency [emoji23]

That's great Mike
I'm really glad you're growing up
And I'm happy to hear this, which is why I'm sure you won't mind if I share your real profile picture with everybody so everybody knows the truth

By the way I'm very proud of you

maxmuscle1
04-26-2019, 04:17 PM
That's great Mike
I'm really glad you're growing up
And I'm happy to hear this, which is why I'm sure you won't mind if I share your real profile picture with everybody so everybody knows the truth

By the way I'm very proud of you

You found it!

cherrybombfitnes
04-26-2019, 04:29 PM
How do you know its absolutely retarded and wrong? Id go with 3 is probably to many... but I dont say that based on any factual evidence I uncovered... its pure speculation.

But since you say its wrong with such conviction, Im curious if you have the accurate data you can link me in with so I can read up...

When Im not eating a minimum of 1.5g of protein per lb, I do not make any gains. Ive tried 1g to 1lb and I lost mass...

So this is actually a well timed discussion for me as Im having help designing the diet Ill be going into in 9weeks or so to start bulking. From what Im being told we are calculating 2/1 of goal weight I plan to finish at.

So far, when talking to the giants, its pretty average hearing them say 1.5-2g to 1lb... of goal weight... that even when off cycle to drop it to 1.5-2g to 1lb of actual weight.

Now carbs is my arch nemesis and where Im having the biggest trouble. Im super sensitive to carbs it seems... and Im damned if I do, damned if I dont eat enough of them so I can grow... I learned recently the harsh lessons of net carbs.. that I can not eat 60g carbs and then 95g of fiber... if I consume more than 200g net carbs in a day, bf just jumps right back on fast and furious.... if I dont consume at least 100net carbs in a day, my body turns on the hungry hungry hippo button and I can not be fulfilled. Then I also suffer extreme fatigue all day and it makes it next to opposite to stay awake and without brain fog...

SO, what Ive witnessed with my own body so far is that if I want to gain, my protein needs to be 1.5-2g to 1lb of target weight.... my fat intake needs to be about 1/2 of what ever my protein is going to be. My carbs can be no less than Net 100g/d (during a cut) and ill be finding out about where it needs to be for a bulk next.. but now Im in the pickle. 200g net carbs equals bf expansion within the second week... cant really build bulking macros based upon those numbers as it sits...

So I will be researching all of this over the next few weeks heavily. So I can understand what is being told to me by whomever will be helping me design my macro plan...

I can put 2n2 together though... I know this will lead to timing of the macros... and I will of course be looking into Insulin if im going to go with carb timing...

So my question is, can you point to the studies (hopefully in simpleton terms) that can either debunk what the big dudes are telling me or show me beyond a shadow of a doubt it is not the correct path?

Ah! Also I learned our body can only process up to 45g of protein per meal with at a minimum of at least one hour between meals. (Provided that the digestive track is operating at full potential) so this would also play a factor into how many meals per day would need to be required.

Studies have been done on this even on guys on steroids and there was no further benefit after like 1.8 or something.
So lets say you can gain naturally off of 1-1.5g of protein. Which should be totally possible right? We agree on that yes? Lets say you can put on 10lbs of lean mass doing that. If you triple that you should be able to put on at LEAST 30lbs of solid muscle if not more. Most of us never put on 30lbs in a cycle and if you do its likely half water and adipose and also a first ever cycle. Years into the game if youre eating 3x the amount of protein then you should be tripling your protein synthesis as well and we all know thats isnt happening to almost any of us in the span of one cycle. Its just that the math doesnt add up. And Ive put on 20lbs by only eating 1.5g or so per pound. Any time i have tried to eat 2-3g per pound I get set back and all I get is digestive issues and constipation.

Dont get me wrong Im not saying this wont work for YOU or maybe another guy, BUT it is absolutely not required in those amounts to have optimal gains. And of course we are all different and our bodies react differently to all things but the notion that bodybuilders on steroids new to eat these ridiculous amounts to i promise gains is just not true because thats a wide sweeping generalization.

cherrybombfitnes
04-26-2019, 04:32 PM

.8g per pound of LEAN mass is normal. Thats why I go to 1.5g on a bulk.

cherrybombfitnes
04-26-2019, 04:37 PM

Man youre lucky if you can make solid gains of that amount. Thats definitely not typical. Being underweight does always help though. Or just giving a really long rest to your body. I hate falling off the wagon but it adds so much potential for when you hit it hard again.

maxmuscle1
04-26-2019, 04:38 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190426/b5b2f53550d7d4767535ab4e1f638791.jpgMax

Drillit
04-26-2019, 04:38 PM
Studies have been done on this even on guys on steroids and there was no further benefit after like 1.8 or something.
So lets say you can gain naturally off of 1-1.5g of protein. Which should be totally possible right? We agree on that yes? Lets say you can put on 10lbs of lean mass doing that. If you triple that you should be able to put on at LEAST 30lbs of solid muscle if not more. Most of us never put on 30lbs in a cycle and if you do its likely half water and adipose and also a first ever cycle. Years into the game if youre eating 3x the amount of protein then you should be tripling your protein synthesis as well and we all know thats isnt happening to almost any of us in the span of one cycle. Its just that the math doesnt add up. And Ive put on 20lbs by only eating 1.5g or so per pound. Any time i have tried to eat 2-3g per pound I get set back and all I get is digestive issues and constipation.

Dont get me wrong Im not saying this wont work for YOU or maybe another guy, BUT it is absolutely not required in those amounts to have optimal gains. And of course we are all different and our bodies react differently to all things but the notion that bodybuilders on steroids new to eat these ridiculous amounts to i promise gains is just not true because thats a wide sweeping generalization.

When I get to adding higher protein I have found that adding in some things to crank up metabolism helps me partition better. Im currently using T4 and Clen.

cherrybombfitnes
04-26-2019, 04:41 PM

And again, apologies for the harsh words. I didnt mean it that way or that YOU are wrong for doing it that way which may work for you. However it is not the standard requirement is really what I was nay saying. Its fun to discuss these topics but ultimately dumb to argue over it because its literally no different than debating which ice cream makes you happiest lol.

Drillit
04-26-2019, 04:43 PM
And again, apologies for the harsh words. I didnt mean it that way or that YOU are wrong for doing it that way which may work for you. However it is not the standard requirement is really what I was nay saying. Its fun to discuss these topics but ultimately dumb to argue over it because its literally no different than debating which ice cream makes you happiest lol.

Butter pecan. Everyone knows that.

Cowboymike
04-26-2019, 04:44 PM

Lmao!

cherrybombfitnes
04-26-2019, 04:46 PM
When I get to adding higher protein I have found that adding in some things to crank up metabolism helps me partition better. Im currently using T4 and Clen.

Definitely a boat load more fiber lol a normal person should get 15g of fiber per 1000 calories. I dont get anywhere close to that usually. Most people probably dont.

Biggaintime
04-26-2019, 04:51 PM
Well whatever works for a guy. I can't argue. If a guy finds the right magic number for himself that's a good day. As far as protein Studies have gone. They've been doing that s*** for years they're not accurate.

Someone educate me how much protein can your body use per hour is it 20? I know Studies have said more. Let's be modest and say. 20 g
20x 24 hours is 480 grams
Now obviously you're not going to get up every hour on the hour while you're trying to sleep. Well this is why we take casein before we go to bed right? And this is why when we jump up first thing in the morning we make a shake and less you're the type of guy that eats as soon as he gets out of bed. On a good run and I'll wake up at 2 am in the morning and make a shake. It's not realistic. Of course plenty of bodybuilders will eat 15 eggs before they go to bed.

So even being modest your body can utilize 480 grams of protein a day. Someone say double that sum say you can utilize 40 grams of protein a day. But let's not get ridiculous let's keep it at the 480

So so so many factors you're not going to compare 14 year old kid at 120 lb to Ronnie Coleman. The job metabolism, timing and personal biology, GH, AAS. And the list goes on

Biggaintime
04-26-2019, 04:53 PM
Sorry didn't mean to say sugar that was probably confusing

cherrybombfitnes
04-26-2019, 04:56 PM
I know I believed I needed that much years ago and I couldnt even reach my goal much less grow from feeling bloated and heavy all the time not to mention constipated. Also have known countless who try to do that. Young smaller people who are just trying to imitate BBer routines that are designed for them specifically.
Then one day I did a cycle and everything went perfectly and I may have eaten 120-180g a day at 195lbs and 9%bf and I blew up to 220lbs and then back to 215 after the water came off. Stayed at 9-10%bf. anyway thats my 2cents on what Ive learned the last 11 years. I do like hearing everyone elses experiences!

Cowboymike
04-26-2019, 04:56 PM

I read that lol... I do love a good ol cookies n cream though. That makes me happy indeed lol

It would be nice to have more consolidated and legit case studies though.. we all obviously know, every body is different with different needs... Im in that frustrating time of trying to figure mine out.. when I think I got it, it likes to react dramatically and differently just to prove I dont know shit lol...

Im definitely not seeking any arguments. I do enjoy hearing everyones thoughts though... even if I think its wrong or right... I read it and research it anyway... because in the end, as long as Im seeking, asking, researching, trying things out, Im growing at least mentally... but it keeps my adhd ass interested to be fully honest... theres no getting bored in this lifestyle thats for sure...

Our bodies are amazing machines. Im fascinated. If I can learn to hack mine, I just might make it on a one time stage just to cross it off my list ;0)

I get so paranoid and usually screw my bulks every time. Ive always been a chunky monkey so I mentally freak out as the abs glaze over during a bulk and drop back into a cut/lean bulk that just ends up being a cut... and its not working for me... I just dont want to workout for another year and not see some size get added.

So IF you ever run across theories or a good sensible read regarding this subject, please post me a link... Im on the hunt for answers.

cherrybombfitnes
04-26-2019, 04:57 PM

Rocky road or cherry garcia baby!

cherrybombfitnes
04-26-2019, 05:01 PM
I read that lol... I do love a good ol cookies n cream though. That makes me happy indeed lol

It would be nice to have more consolidated and legit case studies though.. we all obviously know, every body is different with different needs... Im in that frustrating time of trying to figure mine out.. when I think I got it, it likes to react dramatically and differently just to prove I dont know shit lol...

Im definitely not seeking any arguments. I do enjoy hearing everyones thoughts though... even if I think its wrong or right... I read it and research it anyway... because in the end, as long as Im seeking, asking, researching, trying things out, Im growing at least mentally... but it keeps my adhd ass interested to be fully honest... theres no getting bored in this lifestyle thats for sure...

Our bodies are amazing machines. Im fascinated. If I can learn to hack mine, I just might make it on a one time stage just to cross it off my list ;0)

I get so paranoid and usually screw my bulks every time. Ive always been a chunky monkey so I mentally freak out as the abs glaze over during a bulk and drop back into a cut/lean bulk that just ends up being a cut... and its not working for me... I just dont want to workout for another year and not see some size get added.

So IF you ever run across theories or a good sensible read regarding this subject, please post me a link... Im on the hunt for answers.

The most recent study Ive seen I read off of The guerilla chemists Instagram page. I know there are always things wrong or missing in studies. Most people pick the ones that support their experience and just go with that lol

Biggaintime
04-26-2019, 05:10 PM
And again, apologies for the harsh words. I didn’t mean it that way or that YOU are wrong for doing it that way which may work for you. However it is not the standard requirement is really what I was nay saying. It’s fun to discuss these topics but ultimately dumb to argue over it because it’s literally no different than debating which ice cream makes you happiest lol.

Oh fuck it
I see your by your above statement that you're by no means trying to argue. You are truly stating what you believe, personal experience or what you have been told or read.
You're right this is a debate more than it is an argument. I'll give you a similar example

Some say nolvadex is the only thing that can get rid of fresh new gyno
Others say that nolvadex will do nothing absolutely nothing for gyno at all and that only letrozole will work.

The only person that can truly a test to either one of those are the person who actually experienced first hand.

If you're saying that the body does not need it you may be right. It is my belief that the steroids do need it. You need to feed the steroids and let them do their job. In layman's terms . That's what they're there for if it ends up being a little too much or maybe a little under give or take I don't think it's going to hurt. I assume there is some sweet spot there.

Well I was probably going to say more but I forget

These numbers are from Dante Trudel's Trainer- maybe the best and most complete system right now - DC training.

2.5*BW in pounds in grams of protein for naturals = 200 lbs natural would take 500 grams per day

3 times BW in grams for enhanced trainers giving it up to 600 grams of protein per day for a 200 lbs trainer. These are extreme amounts. But do you want to grow?

400 grams of protein per day is baseline.

These numbers are from Dante Trudel's Trainer- maybe the best and most complete system right now - DC training.

So when someone says 1.5 times BW i wonder if these people even train at all? Or are they in the tone-up crowd?

Biggaintime
04-26-2019, 05:12 PM
There's no accurate protein studies out there. And just because a guy can write it all down and create a study doesn't mean it's accurate. However there's good news thousands of bodybuilders. And personal experience.

Biggaintime
04-26-2019, 05:15 PM
The last statement was by him not me I was not calling you the tone up crowd

Biggaintime
04-26-2019, 05:18 PM
All is good in the neighborhood

Biggaintime
04-26-2019, 05:20 PM

Biggaintime
04-26-2019, 05:34 PM
This is from Harvard maybe overrated but we'll give it a looksy

It has been proven that muscle protein synthesis is maximized in young adults with an intake of ~ 29-36 g of a high-quality protein per hour; anything above this amount is believed to be oxidized for energy or transaminated to form urea and other organic acids. However, with the addition of the anabolic steroids nandrolone and testosterone we noted that the subjects vastly increased utilization of the high quality protein and synthesis +/- to 34-48 grams per hour. Our findings are specific to the provision of fast-digesting proteins without the addition of other macronutrients. Consumption of slower-acting protein sources, particularly when consumed in combination with other macronutrients, would delay absorption and thus conceivably enhance the utilization of the constituent amino acids. The purpose of this study was done with normal healthy males 23-44 years old in a double-randomized controlled trial testing at Harvard Medical.

Well that's a little bit more than the 20 grams I modestly said earlier but again I also said that these aren't always accurate so even at 20 we're still looking at 480 g a day

And what did the guy state above 500 a day for 200 lb bodybuilder? I guess the numbers are lining up

maxmuscle1
04-26-2019, 05:40 PM
Very nice post. I knew my body wasnt wasting all of that extra protein after all.

Max

Biggaintime
04-26-2019, 05:45 PM
Very nice post. I knew my body wasn’t wasting all of that extra protein after all.

Max

Depends on factors
Sex intake
When was your last blowjob
What color socks you're wearing
Did 6th grade teacher Mrs Stacy touch you

stormn
04-26-2019, 05:46 PM
Interesting

cherrybombfitnes
04-26-2019, 05:57 PM
The last statement was by him not me I was not calling you the tone up crowd

I dont think he was referring to me either but either way I wouldnt be offended. I like to bulk without gaining more than 1-2% bf while doing it. Ive been under 10% my whole life besides in basic training and during my recent year off from the gym so I prefer not to over do it or Ill just get soft around my core. Tren and EQ seem to help do that with minimal soft weight gain for me.

cherrybombfitnes
04-26-2019, 05:59 PM
At 60 ,210 right now my end goal is 240ish 11% or less bf. Im getting older so its definitely getting harder. 35 now. Ill probably end up having to up protein more as I age to stay leaner.

Biggaintime
04-26-2019, 06:23 PM
At 6’’0” ,210 right now my end goal is 240ish 11% or less bf. I’m getting older so it’s definitely getting harder. 35 now. I’ll probably end up having to up protein more as I age to stay leaner.

I'm 6' as well 230
And a few years older then you

I'm not a big diet magician or anything
I have an open mind and I'm always willing to see it through somebody else's eyes. Not just my own. I'm always ready and willing to learn new things. I am not better than anybody here. And I am only the 204th smartest guy here. 203 of that one guy retires.

Funny story when I was somewhere around 15 years old teenager me and my buddy who was built more than me went into a supplement store. The guy who worked there was obviously a bodybuilder. My buddy looked at the store employee and asked what could he do to get big The store employee looked at him and said you need protein before you go to bed. Then my buddy looked at me and said what does he need to do to get big. The store employee looked at me and said he needs a weight gainer before he goes to bed. When you're sleeping you're growing on your days off you are growing as well. At night is a great time to get more calories especially protein. It is true if you're trying to keep your figure that you may need to make adjustments as far as protein carb and fat ratios. That is a subject I'm not that great on. Some people believe that with the ever-growing popularity and money making business of protein powders and protein supplements did they have convinced us that we need more than what we can use. Maybe? But I'll leave you with this thought

Have a natural limit. You can reach this natural limit by using natural amounts of protein. Or what you might call modest. Course you still have to try hard. Being on anabolic androgenic steroids gives you an advantage. You got to utilize and take advantage of that. Anybody can take steroids. But if they go sit on the couch and do nothing. They will never grow. You need to feed the beast. Your body can do and handle more than you think you can.
It can be hard to eat massive amounts of food in massive amounts of protein. Depending on what type of food you're eating can depend on how bloated you feel. Unfortunately the less bloat the more bland the food will become. Not fun at all. If I wanted to stay lean I would drop my carbs are bad but I would still have my protein. Even more so if you're cutting down. That's when you're catabolic. Protein is King. Now to be clear for 14 year old kid is reading this right now you need more than protein to grow. You need carbs lots of them and fat too.

Anyways totally rambling on here
Here's a picture of me and my wife on that night at Cisco Bay.

maxmuscle1
04-26-2019, 08:03 PM
I'm 6' as well 230
And a few years older then you

I'm not a big diet magician or anything
I have an open mind and I'm always willing to see it through somebody else's eyes. Not just my own. I'm always ready and willing to learn new things. I am not better than anybody here. And I am only the 204th smartest guy here. 203 of that one guy retires.

Funny story when I was somewhere around 15 years old teenager me and my buddy who was built more than me went into a supplement store. The guy who worked there was obviously a bodybuilder. My buddy looked at the store employee and asked what could he do to get big The store employee looked at him and said you need protein before you go to bed. Then my buddy looked at me and said what does he need to do to get big. The store employee looked at me and said he needs a weight gainer before he goes to bed. When you're sleeping you're growing on your days off you are growing as well. At night is a great time to get more calories especially protein. It is true if you're trying to keep your figure that you may need to make adjustments as far as protein carb and fat ratios. That is a subject I'm not that great on. Some people believe that with the ever-growing popularity and money making business of protein powders and protein supplements did they have convinced us that we need more than what we can use. Maybe? But I'll leave you with this thought

Have a natural limit. You can reach this natural limit by using natural amounts of protein. Or what you might call modest. Course you still have to try hard. Being on anabolic androgenic steroids gives you an advantage. You got to utilize and take advantage of that. Anybody can take steroids. But if they go sit on the couch and do nothing. They will never grow. You need to feed the beast. Your body can do and handle more than you think you can.
It can be hard to eat massive amounts of food in massive amounts of protein. Depending on what type of food you're eating can depend on how bloated you feel. Unfortunately the less bloat the more bland the food will become. Not fun at all. If I wanted to stay lean I would drop my carbs are bad but I would still have my protein. Even more so if you're cutting down. That's when you're catabolic. Protein is King. Now to be clear for 14 year old kid is reading this right now you need more than protein to grow. You need carbs lots of them and fat too.

Anyways totally rambling on here
Here's a picture of me and my wife on that night at Cisco Bay.

I like that you mentioned growing outside of the gym(sleeping and off days). Recovery,sleep, and downtime are paramount to building your physique. I noticed a huge difference when I got rid of empty calories and started looking at food/supplements for fuel and growth. The more advanced you get in age, there is more need for change.

Max

Biggaintime
04-26-2019, 08:29 PM
The body definitely changes with age. Your metabolism and what not. And this is interesting because if you take time off your body doesn't your body keeps getting older so when you come back it's not the same.