PDA

View Full Version : NO DAYS OFF

swolesoul
04-27-2019, 05:20 PM
Alot of individuals believe in taking days off training.
I don't believe in this practice personally. The fact that you are training 1 or 2 seperate body parts only daily, puts more than adequate recovery time for muscles trained.
Say you trained chest and tri's, the next day back and bi's, then shoulders, then finally legs. That makes 4 days recovery time for said muscles trained. Thats almost too much time resting muscles in between. If you added a couple of rest days, your in between time becomes SIX whole days in between. You need to hit it more often than that for optimal growth. Days off are an EXCUSE to be LAZY. WORK EVERY FUCKING DAY, and add in abs and forearms to one of your existing training days. NO DAYS OFF!
This is merely my ways and opinions. I am not an authority on this. Let me know your ways and thoughts on working out and time off.

swolesoul
04-27-2019, 05:46 PM
Maybe this needs to be moved to general discussion or something.

MasterBlaster805
04-27-2019, 07:14 PM
"...You need to hit it more often than that for optimal growth. Days off are an EXCUSE to be LAZY. WORK EVERY FUCKING DAY, and add in abs and forearms to one of your existing training days. NO DAYS OFF!"

Yeah... not really. Everyone thinks that you build muscle in the gym. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but you break down muscle in the gym.. and it's the REST & recovery which causes your muscles to grow, so that they can adapt to the stress you put on em. I know a few world class competitors that take 30-60 days off following a major competition so they can let their body relax from all the stress they put on it.

90% of the younger dudes I see (teens and early 20's) are way over trained. It was the biggest mistake I made in my younger years (that and not eating close to enough food).

Best results I've seen has been by training a muscle group hard and then letting it rest 5-7 days before hitting it again. The Younger you are the faster you will recover but Even not getting enough Sleep (6-8 hours) will slow down your gains.

I just know that now that now that I'm well into my 50's after 4 decades of serious lifting, I definitely NEED days off after a 30 set leg workout or 24 set back workout... just to let everything heal up and recover properly. That and lots more massages and juccuzi's. Stats are 6' 260, 17% bf ..(but I like to eat and drink).

MrBash
04-27-2019, 08:23 PM
I don't believe in this practice personally. The fact that you are training 1 or 2 seperate body parts only daily, puts more than adequate recovery time for muscles trained.
Say you trained chest and tri's, the next day back and bi's, then shoulders, then finally legs. That makes 4 days recovery time for said muscles trained. Thats almost too much time resting muscles in between. If you added a couple of rest days, your in between time becomes SIX whole days in between. You need to hit it more often than that for optimal growth. Days off are an EXCUSE to be LAZY. WORK EVERY FUCKING DAY, and add in abs and forearms to one of your existing training days. NO DAYS OFF!
This is merely my ways and opinions. I am not an authority on this. Let me know your ways and thoughts on working out and time off.
I agree with oh Brother.. people take to many days off. In my opinion the only way you should need to take a day off is if your life kids or job schedule get in the way.. I train everybody part 2 every 8 days. Today is sat . I took today off cause I had another responsibility. But I am frothing and already planing my day tom.. I train chest tris and shoulders all in the same day.. then I do it again 4 days later.. I save rest delts for back day... but just train..

GymPrincess
04-27-2019, 09:44 PM
This is merely my ways and opinions. I am not an authority on this. Let me know your ways and thoughts on working out and time off.Dont agree at all. Not going everyday doesnt mean someone is lazy either. Maybe they have a life and priorities in life other than just the gym.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

GymPrincess
04-27-2019, 09:45 PM
"...You need to hit it more often than that for optimal growth. Days off are an EXCUSE to be LAZY. WORK EVERY FUCKING DAY, and add in abs and forearms to one of your existing training days. NO DAYS OFF!"

Yeah... not really. Everyone thinks that you build muscle in the gym. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but you break down muscle in the gym.. and it's the REST & recovery which causes your muscles to grow, so that they can adapt to the stress you put on em. I know a few world class competitors that take 30-60 days off following a major competition so they can let their body relax from all the stress they put on it.

90% of the younger dudes I see (teens and early 20's) are way over trained. It was the biggest mistake I made in my younger years (that and not eating close to enough food).

Best results I've seen has been by training a muscle group hard and then letting it rest 5-7 days before hitting it again. The Younger you are the faster you will recover but Even not getting enough Sleep (6-8 hours) will slow down your gains.

I just know that now that now that I'm well into my 50's after 4 decades of serious lifting, I definitely NEED days off after a 30 set leg workout or 24 set back workout... just to let everything heal up and recover properly. That and lots more massages and juccuzi's. Stats are 6' 260, 17% bf ..(but I like to eat and drink).

I agree 100%. Me and hubby dont get the results we use to before the little one. The lack of sleep and increased stress has dampered our gains. [emoji53]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

swolesoul
04-27-2019, 10:24 PM
I didn't mean I spend the whole day in the gym, I hit the body parts hard and get out. I still have the time to do life. Everyone's different and their bodies react differently. My muscles respond well when I hit it no more than 4 days in between same muscle workouts, any longer and my gains are negatively effected. Truth is I love it. Hitting that iron is one of the best parts of my day. Thanks for the input though. I'm always ready and willing to learn.

Big ragu
04-28-2019, 01:17 AM
2 on, one off, 2 on, 2 off for me. Far from lazy, I do what works for me. I ain’t you so why would what works for you work for me?

swolesoul
04-28-2019, 05:58 AM
You're right. We are all built differently. I guess I should say when "I" take days off I am making excuses and being lazy because I know my body responds better to training separate body parts consistently. Rest is required for optimal gains but my body rests one body part while I am working the other. My best gains have been obtained without any leisure days. I'm sure there are others like myself who respond well to more constant training. Go with whatever works for you. I already stated I wasn't an authority on this subject.

MC Anabolic
04-28-2019, 06:29 AM
i personally cannot handle training everyday my cns becomes fatigued and mentally it becomes taxing aswell.

the only way i could do it is if i broke it down into 1 muscle group per day otherwise it be diffucult unlesd i had alot of free time and peds to make it possible

swolesoul
04-28-2019, 05:27 PM
i personally cannot handle training everyday my cns becomes fatigued and mentally it becomes taxing aswell.

the only way i could do it is if i broke it down into 1 muscle group per day otherwise it be diffucult unlesd i had alot of free time and peds to make it possible
Thanks for stating your opinion and experience without coming at me sideways. I kinda get taken back when someone comes off with that "You're wrong, I'm right attitude".

MC Anabolic
04-28-2019, 05:45 PM
Thanks for stating your opinion and experience without coming at me sideways. I kinda get taken back when someone comes off with that "You're wrong, I'm right attitude".

i dont think your wrong at all i think it is possible to train everyday and make gains under the right circumstances

i believe john meadows was doing a 7 day split ie trainging everyday and was succusful with it and even has some of his clients do it aswell

Jetblack14316
04-28-2019, 10:40 PM
Ever since I started taking training a lot more serious I have significantly benefited from active recovery days. I work 12 hour days and deploy for training often. Two kids and a wife. All that shit gets in the way but if I need time to recover but still have the time and ability to be in the gym, best believe I do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maxmuscle1
04-29-2019, 02:53 AM
One thing I have noticed is that the older you get, the more avid and consistent your workouts need to be. I need more days per week in the gym as opposed to when I was in my 20’s. I do enjoy one day per week off.

Max

IRON_PROPHET
04-29-2019, 03:10 AM
Brother, I would love to train every day... Like fucking half a day every day..(which for all I know could be awful for me, or it could be that push to perfection) but I chose to be a father and a husband which both require a ton of time. I still manage 6 days a week in the gym. I try to listen to my body, if it's screaming I need a break then I'll give it one. I see my body as a big experiment. Just trying to get it right and I'll never know if I'm over training or under training or what is best for me until I give it a chance... I do know im making steady gains and killing goals training 6 days a week... I guess my dream of a home gym is going to have to come true!

Sent from my LGL163BL using Tapatalk

maxmuscle1
04-29-2019, 03:23 AM
Brother, I would love to train every day... Like fucking half a day every day..(which for all I know could be awful for me, or it could be that push to perfection) but I chose to be a father and a husband which both require a ton of time. I still manage 6 days a week in the gym. I try to listen to my body, if it's screaming I need a break then I'll give it one. I see my body as a big experiment. Just trying to get it right and I'll never know if I'm over training or under training or what is best for me until I give it a chance... I do know im making steady gains and killing goals training 6 days a week... I guess my dream of a home gym is going to have to come true!

I want to start a new thread for guys to post their home gym or dream home gym. It’s really fun to design and build your ideal home gym.

Max

IRON_PROPHET
04-29-2019, 01:10 PM
I want to start a new thread for guys to post their home gym or dream home gym. It’s really fun to design and build your ideal home gym.

Max

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkDo it!!!!