PDA

View Full Version : Abs Cramping?

bigboithetank
08-16-2012, 03:27 AM
I used to train abs 5 days a week in my training. I got ripped doing only bodyweight exercises for abs. I put on about 50 lbs and now when I do them, after 2 sets of crunches, they cramp up and I can't finish my ab training. My sodium intake is fine. How do I get past this barrier?

bigboithetank
08-20-2012, 06:51 PM
I guess nobody here trains abs.

wallycn
08-20-2012, 09:00 PM
try streching your core before your ab workout

PAiN
08-20-2012, 09:04 PM
Moved to new thread. For help answering a new question like this one start a new thread so people will see it and you will get alot more feedback.

I would up your potassium intake and increase hydration on ab training days especially during the workouts. Try adding in potassium supplements to your list of daily supps and add in alot of banannas. You could even add them to your pre-workout shake on ab days.

Congrats on your progress thus far and maybe some more will chime in with some ideas as well. Keep us posted.

jimmyjon
08-20-2012, 10:51 PM
try different exersizes, now that you put on the fast weight your most likely stronger , heavier lifts= more body compresion.
hanging on pullup bar for a few mins will stretch your core, then hit some hanging leg raises. try incline crunches, lying leg raises, hyper extensions, good mornings,plank bridges!
you could also do your abs between your working sets, when you resting . i usualy just hit abs between sets when i bench,deadlift,and squat. the obliques i hit when i'm shrugging.
or do them after your cardio when your thermal.

telmon1
08-21-2012, 12:47 AM
Are you still training abs 5 days a week? The reason I ask is cause mine cramp up if I haven't trained them in a while. When they do cramp, I just stretch them out and hold it for at least 15 seconds.

bigboithetank
09-04-2012, 03:11 PM
Thanks for all the info, guys. I have been able to train my abs everyday now, I just don't crunch as hard as I used to and that seems to do the trick. I also do hypers to balance out my core. I have been eating bananas every day almost to increase potassium. I will gradually add some machines in to thicken up my abs and make them peak out more. Keep the info coming!!!