PDA

View Full Version : Vitamins and which???

DirtyD
08-23-2012, 03:39 AM
So which vitamins are you using and why???

So myself and ShortStuff (SS) as some may know, just got back onto vitamins, which we didn't use for a bit due to financial reasons... We are using:

Vitamin C
Vitamin E
Omega (3,6,9)

NOT VITAMINS (but using)
Aspirin (81mg for me BP issues)
Prenatal (SS)
And both on Methyldrene 25

Next up I will be on a every day vitamin...

Any suggestions please post!!!

We are both getting onto strict diets and workout regimens...

PAiN
08-27-2012, 10:52 PM
Great to have you back in the game brother!

Multi-V
Whey
Creatine
Fish Oil
BCAA's
Green tea
Glucosamine\Chondroiton
Saw Palmetto
Milk Thistle\NAC

1. Multi Vitamin - This is really the ONLY must supplement. If you want to venture on I am adding what I find the most important.

2. Whey Protein - A high quality Isolate Whey protein. Stay away from the lower quality isolate/concentration mixes. The whey concentrate is usually what causes the gas problems associated with whey proteins. Protein powders are merely added as a convenience. If you have time and patience, it is ALWAYS better to get your protein from real food.

3. Creatine Monohydrate - This is a great supplement and cheap.

4. Omega Oils - Better known as your healthy fats. Supplements would include: Odos Choice, Fish Oils/Capsules, Sasame Seed Oil Capsules, Flax Seed Oils/Capsules. This can be also be obtained naturally in many foods, like peanuts, almonds, avocados, flax seed oil, oily fish, like salmon etc.

5. BCAA's - Branched Chain Amino Acids. This is typically mixed with your whey protein for pre/post workout. This assists with quick muscle repair and recovery.

6. Green Tea Extract - A natural anti oxidant supplement to help boost immune system etc.

7. Glutamine - Helps with muscle recovery and repair.

8. Glucosamine\Chondroiton - for joints.

9. Saw Palmetto - Prostate health.

10. Milk Thistle\NAC - Liver health.

Again, there are literally hundreds more supplements you can buy but this is just a small list I have found to be pretty solid.

First grab a good quality multi and get your diet down solid before you move on down the list. Diet is 80% of the battle. Your workouts/cardio make up about 19%. Supplements are really just icing on the cake and tune in at about 1% of the battle.

Johnnyboy004
08-28-2012, 11:11 PM
Any of you bros ever try anything for cortisol control post cycle or are those sups just a whole lot of hype?