PDA

View Full Version : Winging scapula

tk123
09-04-2012, 10:40 PM
Hey guys I managed to fuck myself up. Did way too much one night and I have this wing action that doesn't let me fly.

Will this be a problem later in body building with heavy lifts or do people bounce back from this shit? I mean it's not too bad judging pics on the net I've seen.

tk123
09-04-2012, 10:42 PM
Also I was thinking some test eth would help in recovery, and suggestions?

PAiN
09-05-2012, 12:55 AM
With any injury depending on the severity you need to go light until it gets better. If any exercise hurts while you are doing it it needs to be stopped immediately until it is completely better or you risk injuring yourself even longer or even permanently.

How long have you had this?

TheGrrrl
09-05-2012, 01:03 AM
if the pain gets worse or doesn't go away you really should seek medical assistance.

tk123
09-05-2012, 01:05 PM
It's been about two years, it stops bugging me then if I work it too much it acts up again.

capytan
10-02-2012, 12:57 AM
I did something similar about 6 years ago. I saw a doctor and they had me do rubber band exercises and in about 10 weeks I was all better. As long as you didn't sever any muscles it should bounce back.

PAiN
10-02-2012, 01:22 AM
I did something similar about 6 years ago. I saw a doctor and they had me do rubber band exercises and in about 10 weeks I was all better. As long as you didn't sever any muscles it should bounce back.

Good tips. Thanks bro.

tk123
10-04-2012, 04:15 PM
Sounds great, thanks man.

Sinister8547
03-18-2013, 02:50 AM
I have the same issue bro. I had to have reconstructive surgery on my shoulder, have disk herniations from c3-t7 and a winged left scapula. For the wing issue bands work great for sure to get you back on your feet. Once the initial injury has stabilized trap work, dumbbell rows with very strict form and slow intense movement, lat pulls with a v grip and traditional lat pulls helped me a lot. I really focused on those until it really regained strength and mass.

Greenegorilla2
03-19-2013, 12:10 AM
Hope u get better bro, I have a rotator tear that bothers me every once in awhile, a little test helps but doesn't heal it, like has Ben stated bands will help strengthen the muscles that are lacking and on e you have a well rounded and even strength your pain and inflammation with start to go away. Take ibuprofen as well and stay away from high inflammation foods!