PDA

View Full Version : whas the deal with super sets

superdave
09-13-2012, 12:16 PM
anyone do super sets and cant finde much info.
got some pro's in my gym and thay been trying to get me to start doing force reps along with super sets.
ok don't knock it these guys are huge and ripped do shows.

PAiN
09-14-2012, 04:07 AM
Supersets combine two or more exercises with similar motions to maximize the amount of work of an individual muscle or group of muscles. The exercises are performed with no rest period between the exercises.

An example would be doing bench press, which predominantly works the pectoralis and triceps muscles, and then moving to an exercise that works just the triceps such as the triceps extension or the pushdown.

Supersets are great for strength training bro. They are also good for breaking plateaus. Try them out and see how your body responds to it. It's always good to switch things up anyway.

pinstripe yank
09-15-2012, 05:11 PM
You can also superset contradicting muscle groups (ie. back& chest, Biceps& Triceps) I used to have a split of chest/back, legs/shoulders, bicep/tricep and would do superset such as bench press/barbell row, curls/extentions ect... you can really superset anything you like.

BIGBOSS
09-15-2012, 09:21 PM
Super sets have really help me achieve my goals so far. The NOBREAK in between is the bomb. I am usually drenched by the end of the Super Set workout.

Dath
09-16-2012, 03:09 PM
IMO there is nothing like a bad ass arm day using supersets or even Tri sets
Fast paced, shocks the muscles, motivating sweaty damn WO's !!

Also great when on a time limit.

bhcolex50x
09-16-2012, 06:41 PM
i super set smaller muscle groups like on chest day at the end of chest ill do triceps or biceps supersets, knock it out quick yet its still effect and makes me sweat more

xmuscle
09-16-2012, 11:29 PM
supersetting legs is a great pump