PDA

View Full Version : What is the reason bench drops?

unforgiven
09-15-2012, 06:02 PM
A month ago I stated back on legs. As I start pushing descent weight on my squats (yesterday last set about 5/475), my chest day (bench)drops. This seems to happen when I start going up on squats. Do you guys think it's a result of not enough recoop.? What are some possible reasons? Besides age lol.

pinstripe yank
09-15-2012, 08:09 PM
i would say yes, your legs are a major stabalizer for bench press and if they are worn out by squats without being fully recouperated your bench will suffer. what does your split look like?

PAiN
09-15-2012, 11:00 PM
^^^Agreed yes it can hurt your bench if you haven't recovered enough. Other reasons could be diet, overtraining, or not enough sleep.

unforgiven
09-17-2012, 01:01 AM
Monday chest and arms, Tuesday deadlift and back, wednesday rest, Thursday shoulders, Friday legs.

pinstripe yank
09-17-2012, 06:25 AM
sat sunday off? If your just getting back into legs then it may take a while. Also for example i had a job which required me to stand alot, then when i would go workout, didnt matter what it was, things where alot harder.

darksidefitness
09-17-2012, 12:03 PM
Actually, you should combine dl & squad in the same day. Not to perform and squad and dl in the same day but attack the same muscle group in the same day. I.E You do heavy squad today and assistance exercise such as hip thrusters and good mornings; next week attack heavy dl and Bulgarians squad or stiff legs. Search the articles in Westside or Elite and you will know what I mean. By the way...there is more into lift that just M-S routine. Like Pain said, sleep, eat and what you do in between today and tomorrow lift has a lot to do in how you perform in the gym. Check here at BoP in the power-lifting section for info. There is a lot of theoretic portion in there. By the way, you may need to deload and start again.

Monday chest and arms, Tuesday deadlift and back, wednesday rest, Thursday shoulders, Friday legs.

unforgiven
09-20-2012, 02:51 AM
Will do!!! Thanks guys!!!!

metromuscle
09-24-2012, 07:22 PM
Always remember never to do DL especially, even the day before bench, it will be detrimental. Remember in powerlifting meets theres a reason---the squats are first, then the bench, then the deadlifts