PDA

View Full Version : Donating blood today

thebear
06-23-2019, 08:54 PM
Dumping iron my friends. Every 2m, it will save your life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SwoleSooner
06-23-2019, 09:04 PM

And others too! Good on u bro!

9TMARE
06-23-2019, 09:41 PM

Hell yeah!!! I think I’m on round 14 now! Love getting the oil change!

Big Joe
06-23-2019, 10:15 PM
Awesome brother!! How often do you go depending on my cycles every couple months..

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

thebear
06-23-2019, 10:26 PM
Awesome brother!! How often do you go depending on my cycles every couple months..

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I honestly go every 2 months no matter what. Iron is toxic and we live in a society of iron fortified foods. Men can’t eradicate iron from their bodies unless they donate. Anemia doesn’t exist. It’s all a vitamin a deficiency from retinol.

TKC432
06-24-2019, 12:35 AM
Nice! I am dropping a pint tomorrow at the local blood drive. Every 8 weeks like clockwork ... gotta get rid of some of that syrup and keep the heart healthy. Everyone should be doing it .... easiest way to lower RBC and it helps others in need too.

RussianBot
06-24-2019, 02:41 AM
Isn't there a certain way to ask them to do it? Like, don't put the plasma back?

Don't wanna sound like an idiot, I just remember seeing something here a while back.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 9 using Tapatalk

9TMARE
06-24-2019, 03:01 AM
Isn't there a certain way to ask them to do it? Like, don't put the plasma back?

Don't wanna sound like an idiot, I just remember seeing something here a while back.

Yes you can get plasma taken it’s a lot longer process I think 1-2hrs. Hook you up to a machine and it circulates your blood I think and extracts the plasma only

Diesel1965
06-24-2019, 04:06 AM
Just donate double reds or whole blood. I'm going to do whole blood before I cycle to get a fresh start. I'll be running Test P, EQ, Tren A, and Mast P, I want to give the 4 horseman plenty of room in my plumbing to do their thing.

RussianBot
06-24-2019, 04:29 AM
Just donate double reds or whole blood. I'm going to do whole blood before I cycle to get a fresh start. I'll be running Test P, EQ, Tren A, and Mast P, I want to give the 4 horseman plenty of room in my plumbing to do their thing.Is whole blood the one that takes a really long time?

FarbeyondDriven00
06-24-2019, 05:30 AM
Is whole blood the one that takes a really long time?

Sent from my Galaxy Note 9 using TapatalkWhole takes approx 5-7 min

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Diesel1965
06-24-2019, 01:47 PM

Like 45 Minutes or so then they offer me cookies and juice afterwards lol I guess so I won't fall out or anything.

RussianBot
06-24-2019, 01:52 PM
Like 45 Minutes or so then they offer me cookies and juice afterwards lol I guess so I won't fall out or anything.Made an appointment for tomorrow! Currently cruising and my last bloods my RBC was on the high side. This should help. Thanks for the info.

thebear
06-24-2019, 02:10 PM

The actually donation took 10min. If you are a good candidate for the machine (strong veins, good bp, etc), then that takes longer. It’s when the machine separates your blood for cancer patients etc.

Dyers Eve
06-24-2019, 08:49 PM
I always go to the buses that give out $10 gift cards or free movie tickets.

Dyers Eve
06-24-2019, 08:51 PM

Plasma donation is totally different than blood donation. They actually pay you 30-50 bucks for plasma donation. You can donate 2x per week.

bodean30
06-25-2019, 02:56 AM

Sent from my Galaxy Note 9 using TapatalkPlasma donation is pointless for our purposes. They dump all the stuff we're trying to get rid of back in your body.
You have to do a whole blood donation. You can do that every 56 days.
Or you can do a double red cell donation if you have type O or Rh-negative blood.
Luckily I can do the Power Red donations (double red cell) and really knock that RBC count down. You have to wait 112 days between donations. Takes about 45 minutes. They pump you full of saline too so you walk out feeling lighter from the donation and also hydrated. Win Win.

RussianBot
06-25-2019, 03:08 AM
Plasma donation is totally different than blood donation. They actually pay you 30-50 bucks for plasma donation. You can donate 2x per week.
Plasma donation is pointless for our purposes. They dump all the stuff we're trying to get rid of back in your body.
You have to do a whole blood donation. You can do that every 56 days.
Or you can do a double red cell donation if you have type O or Rh-negative blood.
Luckily I can do the Power Red donations (double red cell) and really knock that RBC count down. You have to wait 112 days between donations. Takes about 45 minutes. They pump you full of saline too so you walk out feeling lighter from the donation and also hydrated. Win Win.Hey guys, I am familiar with plasma donation. Back in my drinking and using days I would donate quite often for a fix.

I was merely confused about the type of blood donation to do.

bodean30
06-25-2019, 04:48 AM
Hey guys, I am familiar with plasma donation. Back in my drinking and using days I would donate quite often for a fix.

I was merely confused about the type of blood donation to do.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 9 using TapatalkFigured you were.
Tried to help you out with the type of donation. Hopefully that helps you decide. I'd recommend the red cell donation if you're eligible. It's the most valuable donation you can give.

SwoleSooner
06-25-2019, 06:08 AM
Just donate double reds or whole blood. I'm going to do whole blood before I cycle to get a fresh start. I'll be running Test P, EQ, Tren A, and Mast P, I want to give the 4 horseman plenty of room in my plumbing to do their thing.

With the 4 Horsemen Ride!

RussianBot
06-26-2019, 01:11 AM
Figured you were.
Tried to help you out with the type of donation. Hopefully that helps you decide. I'd recommend the red cell donation if you're eligible. It's the most valuable donation you can give.Done! Donated whole blood today. Not eligible for the double red. I have a common blood type.

robthomas
06-26-2019, 01:41 PM
Yea man I need to get cleaned out injust hate the way I feel when I get a good amount of blood taken out .
Makes me feel way out there but it needs to be done

RussianBot
06-26-2019, 01:43 PM
Yea man I need to get cleaned out injust hate the way I feel when I get a good amount of blood taken out .
Makes me feel way out there but it needs to be done

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkBro, I literally felt NO DIFFERENT. I thought I would but no.

thebear
08-18-2019, 08:39 PM
It’s been 2 months. Donated again today and DUMPED IRON.

I am a part time Proctologist and full time Gynecologist [emoji199]

FarbeyondDriven00
08-18-2019, 09:21 PM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkJust went last week myself. I donated double red cells this time. Took twice as long, but it gets rid of more red blood cells...which is a double plus for AAS users.

FarbeyondDriven00
08-18-2019, 09:24 PM

Sent from my Galaxy Note 9 using TapatalkNo. Whole Takes approx 5 min.

Double red blood cells takes longer (took me approx 25 -30 min) but it takes more out, which is good.

Argon Coagulator
08-18-2019, 09:47 PM
I need to do this Asap.

balin
08-19-2019, 06:58 PM
I have been donating for going on 20 years now. I don't like to over donate either. Your body needs iron to make red blood cells. High levels of iron seem to have long term negative results from what I have read. But over donating can lead to lower ferritin levels. Which can be difficult to bring back up some times. I used to think that blood with a high RBC count was bad. Yet in places like Boulder Co. where people normally have higher levels they don't have any more issues of heart attack or disease then else where.

thebear
08-19-2019, 09:21 PM
I have been donating for going on 20 years now. I don't like to over donate either. Your body needs iron to make red blood cells. High levels of iron seem to have long term negative results from what I have read. But over donating can lead to lower ferritin levels. Which can be difficult to bring back up some times. I used to think that blood with a high RBC count was bad. Yet in places like Boulder Co. where people normally have higher levels they don't have any more issues of heart attack or disease then else where.

Well, you can and should only donate every 2 months. Dumping the excess iron is necessary for men as our foods are fortified with it.

I am a part time Proctologist and full time Gynecologist [emoji199]