PDA

View Full Version : So someone at the gym says, "You should cut down and tone"

Boosel
06-27-2019, 11:04 PM
It always amazes me when people think we all want to look like we been half starved, tanned beyond belief stranded in the desert. Hey, dont get me wrong, I think someone sculpted is 100 for contest, they worked there 're a** to get that way, however there are some other areas of lifting weights where deadlifting 500 pounds for reps isnt too great at 1 percent bodyfat and completely shredded. Just my opinion.

JTB3318
06-27-2019, 11:18 PM
It always amazes me when people think we all want to look like we been half starved, tanned beyond belief stranded in the desert. Hey, dont get me wrong, I think someone sculpted is 100 for contest, they worked there 're a** to get that way, however there are some other areas of lifting weights where deadlifting 500 pounds for reps isnt too great at 1 percent bodyfat and completely shredded. Just my opinion.Usually the people saying that arent shredded, not can they lift any appreciable amount of weight haha

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Boosel
06-27-2019, 11:19 PM
LOL, thats true.

GymPrincess
06-28-2019, 03:01 AM
It always amazes me when people think we all want to look like we been half starved, tanned beyond belief stranded in the desert. Hey, dont get me wrong, I think someone sculpted is 100 for contest, they worked there 're a** to get that way, however there are some other areas of lifting weights where deadlifting 500 pounds for reps isnt too great at 1 percent bodyfat and completely shredded. Just my opinion.Hey it's just like people assuming every female wants the bikini look [emoji2368]. I would like to be a little leaner but I also like a little thickness too [emoji2956]. Also dont like my guy super shredded I like the bigger look.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Judgmentalist
06-28-2019, 03:34 AM
There are a lot of girls out there who prefer the ripped heroin addict, hairless model look these days. I dont get it personally; they all look like I could stack em in piles and break em like Mr. Miyagi to me.

You would think these girls would want a guy that can for sure beat them at arm wrestling, But WTF do I know. Im not into dudes. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JTB3318
06-28-2019, 09:29 AM
Hey it's just like people assuming every female wants the bikini look [emoji2368]. I would like to be a little leaner but I also like a little thickness too [emoji2956]. Also dont like my guy super shredded I like the bigger look.

Sent from my SM-G955U using TapatalkYes maam to the thickness... bones are for dogs, curves are for men [emoji41]

Enigma
07-03-2019, 01:32 PM
Based on what I saw in recent US travels, people are using “power lifter” as an excuse to not control their diet or at least justify being fat.
I used to train at gyms that had powerlifters as well as bodybuilders, albeit 30 years ago. Those guys and gals may not have had lean sculpted bodies, but they weren’t tubs of shit either.
Being close to 300lbs with a total not exceeding 1000lbs hardly justifies carrying around that extra 75lbs of fat.

JTB3318
07-03-2019, 02:09 PM
Based on what I saw in recent US travels, people are using “power lifter” as an excuse to not control their diet or at least justify being fat.
I used to train at gyms that had powerlifters as well as bodybuilders, albeit 30 years ago. Those guys and gals may not have had lean sculpted bodies, but they weren’t tubs of shit either.
Being close to 300lbs with a total not exceeding 1000lbs hardly justifies carrying around that extra 75lbs of fat.That ain't no shit. Insulin resistant pigs.

GymPrincess
07-03-2019, 03:05 PM
Being close to 300lbs with a total not exceeding 1000lbs hardly justifies carrying around that extra 75lbs of fat.I agree. I was able to keep a decent physique and got my total upto 920. Wasnt committed to the whole powerlifting thing just something to do for my main lifts. People always forget how much you lift needs to be compared to your BW. It's like a fat guy benching 315. Not impressive [emoji849]

Biggc1
07-03-2019, 03:35 PM
I agree. I was able to keep a decent physique and got my total upto 920. Wasnt committed to the whole powerlifting thing just something to do for my main lifts. People always forget how much you lift needs to be compared to your BW. It's like a fat guy benching 315. Not impressive [emoji849]

Sent from my SM-G955U using TapatalkEspecially when they're so fat they only have to move 4 inches

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

GymPrincess
07-03-2019, 04:17 PM
Especially when they're so fat they only have to move 4 inches

Sent from my SM-G975U using TapatalkOh yeah I forgot that part of it too lol. I love the ones who use it as a bouncer.

Enigma
07-04-2019, 07:15 PM
The guys I used to squat with were short, real short, so they didn’t move the weight that far. They squatted more than the “powerlifters” at the same gym. My buddies looked killer and didn’t wear squat suits.

I was in an American gym watching dudes that looked about 300lbs, deading 4 plates. Grunting, chalking it up, banging the weights and making a show...for a triple. Lol
I wanted to walk over and bang out a triple just to fuck with them but between my snapped pelvis, pinned and plated foot, fused spine and 56 y/o body, I thought better of it. I could have done it but I seriously would have “paid the man” for doing so.

Primemuscle
07-04-2019, 09:58 PM
Everyone nowadays is a critic.

I say fuck them and do what makes you happy.

You want to be a bit bulkier and more strong.. go for it

You want to cut down and be peeled for a show.. do work

You want to be somewhere in between... have at it

You want to be a judge mental douche who has subpar gains and knowledge and a shit physique... well go fuck yourself and have fun

GymPrincess
07-05-2019, 04:05 AM

You want to be a judge mental douche who has subpar gains and knowledge and a shit physique... well go fuck yourself and have fun

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkI think that was the point the OP was making. Not everyone wants the same thing. Which then led to saying some people ( not all) only claim they are into powerlifting as an excuse to be fat and show no self control.

I say if you want to eat shit and dont care just own it. I have nothing wrong with the people who are big and dont care. That's their choice.

Like my brother [emoji1787]. He isnt super fat or anything but he definitely packed on some pounds but he keeps it real and it's actually hilarious. Food comes in the room..... "you know I want some"

Or I wont get over the day he was talking with his partner about stopping for food then asked what was the the dinner plans. His partner said I thought we were stopping somewhere. He shit.... that's just a snack I am talking about for dinner [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

cherrybombfitnes
07-05-2019, 07:07 AM
True. My pet peeve is simply the term TONE.
People always say I dont want to get bigger I just want to tone well sorry cupcake but toning means building muscle mass and losing fat. Unless youre trying to literally get skinnier everyones goals include building muscle. Theres no such thing as toning without hypertrophy. Lol my dad just said this recently because I started training him. He just started trt 5 weeks ago and said that. I tried to explain but everyones eyes just glaze over when I do that. Being a personal trainer is frustrating!

Robolics Labs Intelligence

Mattymoo
07-05-2019, 12:18 PM
Be happy in your own skin.
Its your body, you can sculpt it however you choose
People will always give shit advice at the gym
At least BOP brothers are giving solid advice and real life experiences

Mikeyz206
07-05-2019, 12:36 PM
Good picture of you boosel, good post Bro. Some people like the Toyota rav4 look and some people like the monster truck look.

Enigma
07-05-2019, 12:59 PM
100 people in the gym and 105 are being judgemental. This includes the cleaning guy, the juice bar chick and the three “counselors” at the sales desk, pecking away at their phones.

OK, I take that back. You can’t include the trainers. They are too busy checking themselves out in the mirror to be critiquing anyone.

Judgmentalist
07-05-2019, 01:03 PM
True. My pet peeve is simply the term TONE.
People always say I dont want to get bigger I just want to tone well sorry cupcake but toning means building muscle mass and losing fat. Unless youre trying to literally get skinnier everyones goals include building muscle. Theres no such thing as toning without hypertrophy. Lol my dad just said this recently because I started training him. He just started trt 5 weeks ago and said that. I tried to explain but everyones eyes just glaze over when I do that. Being a personal trainer is frustrating!

Yeah but most everybody can lose 20 lbs. no problem, and they damn sure cant gain 20 lbs of muscle in that time. So just say ok and by the time it matters they will know better. :)

Radman69
07-05-2019, 01:22 PM

Best advice on this thread!
do you regardless of what others think!!

just as wrong for someone to bust balls for being fat as it is for someone to rip on somwone for wanting to be ‘ripped’

worry bout yo selves and yo own progresses!

good point as always Prime Dawg!

GymPrincess
07-05-2019, 04:09 PM
100 people in the gym and 105 are being judgemental. This includes the cleaning guy, the juice bar chick and the three “counselors” at the sales desk, pecking away at their phones.

OK, I take that back. You can’t include the trainers. They are too busy checking themselves out in the mirror to be critiquing anyone.Our gym "trainers" look like they should be being trained. Haha. Not all of them. I guess it's a luck of the draw. I never understood that. Sure they might know what they are doing but I think at our gym it's literally just the training. They walk around and give you exercises to do. Our gym ripsnpeople off because if they arent getting diet advice training itself isnt gonna help them reach their goals.

cherrybombfitnes
07-05-2019, 04:29 PM
Yeah but most everybody can lose 20 lbs. no problem, and they damn sure cant gain 20 lbs of muscle in that time. So just say ok and by the time it matters they will know better. :)

Right. Overweight people may be kinda different although they should still be trying to at least maintain muscle mass. I guess Im mostly Talking about skinny people who want to tone lol Im like tone what??

Primemuscle
07-05-2019, 05:45 PM
Best advice on this thread!
do you regardless of what others think!!

just as wrong for someone to bust balls for being fat as it is for someone to rip on somwone for wanting to be ‘ripped’

worry bout yo selves and yo own progresses!

good point as always Prime Dawg!

And thats why I fuck with you bro. Always on some upbeat real shit..

As I always say Radster: DO YOU!

Biggaintime
07-07-2019, 03:26 AM
If you have abs it means your not eating enough

Bigdaddyperk
07-07-2019, 03:35 AM
If you have abs it means your not eating enoughWhats abbs?...

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

JTB3318
07-07-2019, 06:37 AM
There are a lot of girls out there who prefer the ripped heroin addict, hairless model look these days. I dont get it personally; they all look like I could stack em in piles and break em like Mr. Miyagi to me.

You would think these girls would want a guy that can for sure beat them at arm wrestling, But WTF do I know. Im not into dudes. :)

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkSome chicks like jude law....
Some like Vin Diesel....
- my dads buddy, circa 2005

Alterspanic132
07-22-2019, 12:51 PM
Especially when they're so fat they only have to move 4 inches

spadeLifter
08-02-2019, 09:34 PM
screw the haters do what u want bro