PDA

View Full Version : North Carolina Steroid Arrests

beanlicker
10-06-2012, 12:22 AM
Columbus County couple arrested for selling steroids

Posted: Oct 04, 2012 8:23 PM CDT
Updated: Oct 05, 2012 6:27 AM CDT
By: Nikki Bussey

http://wect.images.worldnow.com/images/19740996_BG1.jpg (http://wect.images.worldnow.com/images/19740996_BG1.jpg)

James Corbett (Source: Columbus Co. Sheriff's Office)

http://wect.images.worldnow.com/images/19740996_BG2.jpg (http://wect.images.worldnow.com/images/19740996_BG2.jpg)

Stacy Corbett (Source: Columbus Co. Sheriff's Office)

COLUMBUS COUNTY, NC (WECT) – A three month investigation led authorities to the arrest of a couple selling steroids in the mail.

Authorities found over 43,536 steroid pills, 923 10mm vials of injectable steroid, and 80 other vials at a home in Tabor City.

James and Stacy Corbett were arrested and released on September 28. They have been charged with one count each of possession of anabolic steroids with intent to sell.

Officials say the couple would put the steroids in containers and mail them to people who ordered from a Website online.

They mailed 350 packages over a three month span from post offices in Tabor City, Shallotte, Leland, Wilmington and a few other places from July to September.

7gothic
10-06-2012, 03:57 PM
This smells fishy....What website were they selling form? If they were averaging 117 packs per month, they would have come up on my radar, and they certainly would have left behind some people who didn't get what they had previously paid for. How would the "authorities" know how many packs were sold???
And why the relatively light charges? I think these guys were nothing more than shippers, and the real dealers are still going strong.

Camzilla
10-06-2012, 04:06 PM
Exactly. Its a good explanation. The only rub are those light charges. Based on history they should be getting both barrels leveled at them right now. Methinks these shippers may be reaching across the table and shaking some DAs hand right now to seal the deal on a trade of info for freedom.
I could be wrong, but it does seem fishy.

7gothic
10-06-2012, 04:16 PM
Exactly. Its a good explanation. The only rub are those light charges. Based on history they should be getting both barrels leveled at them right now. Methinks these shippers may be reaching across the table and shaking some DAs hand right now to seal the deal on a trade of info for freedom.
I could be wrong, but it does seem fishy.

Agreed----the only way the cops would know the volume is if they were given that information by the couple themselves. There is no way they were doing that volume without being featured on a board somewhere, and would have almost certainly been submitted as a source on eroids. Once they were arrested and shut down, eroids members who were left hanging would have been screaming to high-heaven. Something's not right here.

toppjimie
10-06-2012, 06:02 PM
Article was out Columbus county, North Carolina! I dont read anywhere that their from OHIO.

beanlicker
10-06-2012, 07:48 PM
Article was out Columbus county, North Carolina! I dont read anywhere that their from OHIO.

That was a mistake made by me....it did happen in NC and not Ohio.....thanks top

Also, from reading info on another board it does not seem as though this bust was related to any of the sources on this board.

beanlicker
10-06-2012, 09:03 PM
Additional info:

Thousands of steroid pills seized in residence

Posted: Thursday, October 4, 2012 3:53 pm
By BOB HIGH Staff WriterThe News Reporter

“There were Tupperware containers all over the place packed full of pills. There were so many, postal inspectors took them to a warehouse in Charlotte to count. I’ve never seen so many pills,” Sheriff’s Drug Detective Aaron Herring said as he described a home along Mill Branch Church Road in Tabor City.

Herring said James Douglas Corbett, 44, and Corbett’s wife, Stacy Hardwick Corbett, 41, have been arrested on one count each of possession of anabolic steroids with intent to sell.

Authorities seized 43,536 steroid pills, 923 10mm vials in injectable steroids, plus 80 more vials in a UPS package.
Herring said he expected U.S. Postal inspectors to bring more charges against the Corbetts who were participating in a program of shipping controlled medication to people who ordered them from an Internet site.

Mailed anywhere

The pills were shipped in 12 to 20 packages a day, and were mailed from post offices in Tabor City, Clarendon, Shallotte, Leland and Wilmington, plus others. Herring said 350 packages were mailed by the Corbetts during the three months of July through September, according to postal records.

“The Corbetts were mailing the packages of steroid pills and testosterone to customers with bogus names, but real addresses,” Herring explained.
He said the man and wife never met the person who started them in the business in 2009, and who paid them for their shipping service.

Return addresses

The pills arrived from China, Great Britain and Canada to addresses in Myrtle Beach, S.C., and Wilmington where the Corbetts would receive the packages. Return addresses on the packages would consist of a bogus name of a person or fake business, but to a correct address somewhere in Columbus County. The packages were not to be returned to the Corbett’s home.

Herring said he received a tip about the pill service from a person who received a package that couldn’t be delivered and was returned to the innocent person’s home.
Herring said some of the medication shipped consisted of injectable steroids, but 95 percent of the business appeared to be handled in pill form.

James Corbett’s occupation on the local arrest report showed him as “unemployed.” His wife is a phlebotomist at Southeastern General Hospital in Lumberton, according to Herring.

PAiN
10-06-2012, 10:19 PM
Herring said he received a tip about the pill service from a person who received a package that couldn’t be delivered and was returned to the innocent person’s home.

Something that fucking simple took them down. That's why you always double and triple check everything.

colochine
10-06-2012, 10:43 PM
Interesting the only domestic source I know of that has large amounts of imported tabs are IP.

Red Circle
10-06-2012, 11:38 PM
Endosyn just lost one of his guys in the states. Says shipper is now working with big bro.

maybe

beanlicker
10-07-2012, 01:49 AM
Endosyn just lost one of his guys in the states. Says shipper is now working with big bro.

maybe

I've received the same information.

So.......anyone who has dealt with Endosyn and has had a pack come from NC, should be cleaning house.

colochine
10-07-2012, 03:15 AM
I've received the same information.

So.......anyone who has dealt with Endosyn and has had a pack come from NC, should be cleaning house.

That's the truth.

colochine
10-07-2012, 03:16 AM

maybe

Red Star are you aware there is a member of another board with the same name that is a scammer?

Camzilla
10-07-2012, 12:59 PM
Most of y'all know Ive only been around here since early 12, so still pretty green. But threads like this are hella good learning points/reminders for me to always do as Pain said. Double and triple check everything, and always, always, always scrutinize the details.

colochine
10-09-2012, 01:59 AM
Any more info on this?

graniteman
10-09-2012, 03:27 AM
This is the second bust in NC I have heard. There is a very large reason in NC that aas are in demand there, kind of a ''captive'' audience. Probably re-mailers looking at them ,

beanlicker
10-09-2012, 03:58 AM
Any more info on this?

This bust involved Endosyn's shippers in NC and it is beleived that they are cooperating with the police......anyone who has dealt with Endosyn and received a pack from NC should clean house.

colochine
10-09-2012, 01:47 PM
This bust involved Endosyn's shipper's and it is beleived that they are cooperating with the police......anyone who has dealt with Endosyn and received a pack from NC should clean house.

Thanks bro.