PDA

View Full Version : Ex-Phiadelphia officer admits to running a steroid ring

beanlicker
10-10-2012, 04:56 AM
Posted: Tue, Oct. 9, 2012, 12:45 PM

A former Philadelphia police detective on Tuesday admitted running a ring that imported steroids and human growth hormone from overseas distributors and sold them to users around the city.
Keith Gidelson, 36, got the drugs from connections in Europe and China, then resold them out of his Northeast Philadelphia home, in fitness clubs, and at other locations.
Authorities said they weren't sure when his ring started, but estimated that Gidelson sold more than 10,000 injections and pills before getting caught in 2011.

Gidelson pleaded guilty to conspiracy and drug charges and faces as many as three years in prison when U.S. District Judge Paul S. Diamond sentences him in January. In return for the plea, prosecutors agreed to drop a firearm charge that carried a mandatory minimum prison term of five years.

Gidelson was still on the city payroll but on disability leave in August 2010 when a confidential source told authorities he bought steroids from the detective, Assistant U.S. Attorney David L. Axelrod told the judge.
In the ensuing months, investigators from the Drug Enforcement Administration and the Postal Service launched surveillance of Gidelson's home, tapped his cellphone, and monitored his mail.
Axelrod said he was not sure how much Gidelson made, but said steroid sales had become a primary source of his income, netting thousands of dollars a month.

In April 2011, agents intercepted two shipments that had been mailed to Gidelson. Each had nearly 70 injection doses and 2,000 pills. Weeks later, a grand jury indicted Gidelson; his wife, Kirsten; and 13 others on conspiracy and drug charges.

The others were individual users and some who resold drugs to their own clients. The latter group included two other police officers, Joseph McIntyre and George Sambuca. Like Gidelson, they have been dismissed from the force and pleaded guilty.

Gidelson was the 14th defendant to plead out in the case. The lone holdout, Christian Kowalko, faces trial in December.
Nearly all of the others, including McIntyre, Sambuca, and Kirsten Gidelson, are scheduled to be sentenced later this year.
Gidelson declined an invitation by the judge to explain his crime, indicating he instead wanted to do so at sentencing.

But both he and his lawyer, Nino V. Tinari, offered a glimpse of what that explanation might be. Gidelson told the judge that he became addicted to painkillers after suffering a serious injury in an on-the-job car crash in 2006. He has since been treated for the pill addiction, post-traumatic stress disorder, anxiety, and other ailments.

Tinari said after the hearing that the loss of his job, the addiction to painkillers, and other personal problems fueled Gidelson's slide into drug sales.

Red Circle
10-11-2012, 05:28 AM
Sorry this is the thread,

colochine
10-11-2012, 11:15 AM
Sorry this is the thread,

So what's his board name? Also are you Red Star, did you change your name?

dye1337
10-12-2012, 01:15 AM
Cops using steroids? SURPRISE! Most cops I've met have used them at some point

PAiN
10-12-2012, 09:46 PM
I guess crime fighting wasn't paying the bills lol.

Red Circle
10-12-2012, 10:20 PM
I guess crime fighting wasn't paying the bills lol.

LOL, saw he got banned yesterday from PM. Still posting on SW.

PAiN
10-18-2012, 09:10 PM
His name is FreakOfNature.

Red Circle
01-09-2013, 12:37 AM
He went to court yesterday and got 4 years fed time. Funny he was active up untill a week ago, and he remained VIP on a board. Now we know hes gone the board should get rid of his acct.

PAiN
01-09-2013, 01:30 AM
He went to court yesterday and got 4 years fed time. Funny he was active up untill a week ago, and he remained VIP on a board. Now we know hes gone the board should get rid of his acct.

Thanks for the info.

rocco-x
01-10-2013, 03:25 AM
His name is FreakOfNature.yup,that's him alright.he and i got into this huge blowout a few yrs back.i had joined some shit ass board and in my sig had basskilleronline.com.dude went ballistic,swore i was bass in disguise,threatened my life,said i didn't know the power he had.

Bass even joined the board when he found out and the dude got banned,then shows up on OLM and apologizes to me,sends me a few PM's asking if i needed gear to contact him.good thing i listen to my gut.less than 6mnths later...WHAM,busted.never knew he was police.heard from a few people he rolled on some of his fellow officers and customers including the owner of the nutrition store that helped him out.

had no clue he was still on any board.every board we were both on he was banned under so it must've been a board i wasn't on.4yrs fed time...for an ex-cop?! he's looking at 85% of his time with no parole and in protective custody 24/7 only to come out 2-3x/wk for a shower or a walk in a small cage.oh well...whatever board that allowed him to remain on after the fact of what went down,even tho the charges were still pending,should've had him deleted from the door...good ol' FON...

gator-mclusky
01-10-2013, 03:35 AM
Yea, the number of LE on juice is epidemic and I dont blame em. Dealing with the scum of the earth gets hairy sometimes. And I know of a few on the boards that were just like us, not looking to bust anyone, just being human. One goes by the name XXXLTRP Meaning Triple Extra Large Trooper and he's really a good guy, doesnt fuck with anybody. I doubt any of em have it out for peeps using gear. It's just those old fuks up in Congress pass rediculous laws, Pros fail drug testing and they got to make some arrest and broadcast it....

gator