PDA

View Full Version : Coinbase pro question

cyberninja
08-01-2019, 05:10 PM
I’ve seen that you can use coinbase pro to purchase bitcoin without any fees....but I’m not sure if the funds are available immediately....anybody know? Also how exactly do you buy and then send to your blockchain wallet on this? I’ve got coinbase down pretty well, but not coinbase pro. Thanks guys....I’d love to avoid the transfer fees

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cyberninja
08-01-2019, 07:38 PM
im also struggling to get bitcoin on coinbase now.....seems like you have to transfer money to the coinbase wallet now, and then buy the bitcoin....the look of the former interface has changed, and I'm no longer seeing my debit card listed to purchase bitcoin...can someone help me please. was thinking of finding a bitcoin atm....can you buy with your debit card, or only cash

cyberninja
08-01-2019, 07:52 PM
it seems coinbase gives the option of bank deposit to purchase bitcoin...this will likely mean it will take days to clear....not happy

RussianBot
08-01-2019, 09:57 PM
You guys are overthinking it. The option to buy with debit OR bank account is still there:

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190801/1e420f788844c5bb06560ffceec7ca70.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190801/53aa6fac99ab99c7d223457042ae927d.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190801/a94aecd654c175da630e849043bcc254.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190801/de0e74e9a8125da64e4f7a8864cb894f.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Note 9 using Tapatalk

StayFocused1313
08-02-2019, 12:41 AM
Coinbase, ohh coinbase. I don’t use pro, but yes you can still just buy btc on coinbase from a deposit from either your bank or debit card. First you just deposit funds into coinbase from bank draft or debit. Then once those are cleared, doesn’t take long for that, buy your btc with your deposited funds. Once those are clear you withdraw them from coinbase to your blockchain wallet. I use Edge. It’s most user friendly for me. All you’ll need to do is open your blockchain wallet, copy your address and then go back into coinbase and transfer funds from coinbase to your blockchain wallet by pasting the address from your blockchain wallet into withdraw/send funds address on coinbase.

Honestly man, for me I only use coinbase for larger purchases that I’m planning ahead for. For a quick $200 I’ll go abra, use my Amex, then deposit to my edge. You can do $200 a day on abra with no delays using an Amex. Done in 30 minutes tops.

I don’t know if I helped but I hope I did bro.

RussianBot
08-02-2019, 12:46 AM
Coinbase, ohh coinbase. I don’t use pro, but yes you can still just buy btc on coinbase from a deposit from either your bank or debit card. First you just deposit funds into coinbase from bank draft or debit. Then once those are cleared, doesn’t take long for that, buy your btc with your deposited funds. Once those are clear you withdraw them from coinbase to your blockchain wallet. I use Edge. It’s most user friendly for me. All you’ll need to do is open your blockchain wallet, copy your address and then go back into coinbase and transfer funds from coinbase to your blockchain wallet by pasting the address from your blockchain wallet into withdraw/send funds address on coinbase.

Honestly man, for me I only use coinbase for larger purchases that I’m planning ahead for. For a quick $200 I’ll go abra, use my Amex, then deposit to my edge. You can do $200 a day on abra with no delays using an Amex. Done in 30 minutes tops.

I don’t know if I helped but I hope I did bro.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkI can literally buy BTC instantly from my debit card by using the method shown above. Buy it, transfer to Blockchain Wallet - boom! Ready to spend. 3 minutes tops.

StayFocused1313
08-02-2019, 12:58 AM
I can literally buy BTC instantly from my debit card by using the method shown above. Buy it, transfer to Blockchain Wallet - boom! Ready to spend. 3 minutes tops.

When I first joined bop I was in over my head with figuring out the bitcoin process but I got there. Now it’s wham bam thank you ma’am let’s do some orders.

cyberninja
08-02-2019, 03:25 PM
well, I bought the bitcoin on coinbase, but when I try to send it to blockchain it says not enough funds....so the bitcoin is visible on coinbase but not when I try to send it....and it doesn't show any deduction yet in my bank account, so i'm confused. I thought it was supposed to be an instant transaction from my bank, but its listing my bank account number as where the funds are coming from and not my debit card for some reason....i'm certain I chose the debit card though....guess i'm stuck....fuck!

Razoredge7
08-02-2019, 06:04 PM
Is that coinbase app

chsaw
08-02-2019, 07:33 PM
I’m a Newbie to crypto I have Coinbase like it take 5 days to get btc. Cash app is the way to go you might have to call your bank but after that easy as 123 in seconds

chsaw
08-02-2019, 07:37 PM
Spartapharm got good directions for cash app Leo's Interactive guide to Crypto (For beginners) (https://brotherhoodofpain.com/spartapharmausa/64864-leos-interactive-guide-crypto-beginners.html)

Themaskedrider
08-02-2019, 07:41 PM
well, I bought the bitcoin on coinbase, but when I try to send it to blockchain it says not enough funds....so the bitcoin is visible on coinbase but not when I try to send it....and it doesn't show any deduction yet in my bank account, so i'm confused. I thought it was supposed to be an instant transaction from my bank, but its listing my bank account number as where the funds are coming from and not my debit card for some reason....i'm certain I chose the debit card though....guess i'm stuck....fuck!
Yep your funds are on hold homie, I haven't tried direct from debit card but if I want access to funds directly I wire money to my coinbase USD account and then convert to BTC. Wire's are available as soon as it hits

chsaw
08-02-2019, 08:14 PM
Yup coins are on hold for 4 days. If you try to send It will see you don’t see all your funds click on that it’ll tell you when it’s available. Cash app available immediately no wait with a debit card

chsaw
08-02-2019, 08:18 PM
On Coinbase fundsWill be on hold for four days. If you try to send it will say you do not see all your Funds? if you click on that it’ll tell you when it’s going to be available. Cash app With a debit card available immediately

RussianBot
08-02-2019, 09:31 PM
Yup coins are on hold for 4 days. If you try to send It will see you don’t see all your funds click on that it’ll tell you when it’s available. Cash app available immediately no wait with a debit card
On Coinbase fundsWill be on hold for four days. If you try to send it will say you do not see all your Funds? if you click on that it’ll tell you when it’s going to be available. Cash app With a debit card available immediatelyThis is simply not true. At least not in my case. If I purchase BTC with my DEBIT CARD on Coinbase I can instantly send the coins to blockchain wallet.

chsaw
08-02-2019, 09:34 PM
My bad you’re probably right I have Coinbase linked up to my bank account Not my debit card I’ll look into it thanks for telling me. But I do like the cash app very easy

RussianBot
08-02-2019, 10:01 PM
My bad you’re probably right I have Coinbase linked up to my bank account Not my debit card I’ll look into it thanks for telling me. But I do like the cash app very easyThat is the key. I am pretty sure everyone who is having these "holds" and "delays" is using their bank ACCOUNT (ETF) instead of their DEBIT CARD.

cherrybombfitnes
08-02-2019, 11:41 PM
I wouldnt use Coinbase at all personally.

Robolics Labs Intelligence

cyberninja
08-03-2019, 06:58 PM
I’m a Newbie to crypto I have Coinbase like it take 5 days to get btc. Cash app is the way to go you might have to call your bank but after that easy as 123 in seconds
I did just set up cash app....but it must take a few days to verify everything, because it wouldn't let me buy bitcoin at this time...and i'm not really sure how it works step by step on this platform. coinbase used to be simpler, but they changed the interface a bit....so i'm starting to figure it out again....guess my funds will be available in 5 days....it finally cleared my bank.

cyberninja
08-03-2019, 07:03 PM
This is simply not true. At least not in my case. If I purchase BTC with my DEBIT CARD on Coinbase I can instantly send the coins to blockchain wallet.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 9 using Tapatalk this was the case for me previously, but they changed the interface some, and it got a bit confusing. I transferred with what i thought was my debit card to the cash/usd....then converted it into bitcoin....now it seems it wasn't my debit card that I chose, so it's on hold for five days. I'll try cash app again next time and see if it will work then.

chsaw
08-03-2019, 08:41 PM
Cash app did take a couple of days you have to email them so they hurry up so you get verified. You can buy but you still need to get verified to send. Click on the upper left on your account and then scroll up you’ll see bitcoin

cyberninja
08-22-2019, 02:57 AM
Abra was recently recommended to me, and apparently you can make bitcoin purchases with a cc....so this may be a game changer for me. I’d love a video step by step but I’ll figure it out one way or another

cherrybombfitnes
08-26-2019, 01:05 PM
Coin base sucks. They’re reliable SOMETIMES but you can’t trust that your mo way will always be available

cherrybombfitnes
08-26-2019, 01:06 PM
Think of it as a Greek bank lol

cherrybombfitnes
08-26-2019, 01:06 PM
Use cash app man. I haven’t purchased with them before but it’s the most trustworthy company I think right now.