PDA

View Full Version : Why do YOU lift?

Dath
10-24-2012, 05:55 PM
We all have our different reasons for lifting,.... For some it's the desire to chase a Pro card, for others it's the ladies, and for some it's the own personal satisfaction of competing in powerlifting competitions.

What is your drive to go bust your ass at the gym,.... eat every three hours,....and live a lifestyle many cannot?

gotgear
10-24-2012, 06:26 PM
For me it's because it is a challenge just to maintain the lifestyle whether i am bulking, cutting, or maintaining. I am married so its not the ladies although having a woman make the occasional comment is always welcomed. My wife doesn't like it and thinks I am too big. She wants a skinny underwear model but that aint happening.

I love having goals and shattering them. People that don't live like this definitely don't understand. I even had a coworker ask me why I was doing this? Like I was crazy. As I've gotten older I am even more focused on getting bigger. ALthough its more difficult approaching 40 than it was when I was 25. So maybe its a little bit of not wanting to be old and frail one day too.

PAiN
10-24-2012, 07:07 PM
I was bit by the iron bug even before I could walk. I love this lifestyle and achieving goals that not everyone else can. I couldn't picture my life any other way and plan on doing this til I'm buried in a piano crate.

ODB
10-24-2012, 07:19 PM
I just enjoy going to the gym +hitting the Iron + pumping up my muscles + watching them grow - @ 42+Married their is no chasing a pro card or Ladies so I really just do it for myself.

flyingfox272
10-29-2012, 11:07 PM
It's something that I have been around since I was a kid. A good friend of my mom has a son that that used to compete at the local level. I went to my first body building comp when I was 12 and I was hooked, I begged my parents for a weight set. I got to meet Lou Ferigno when I was13, the Hulk TV show was huge at the time. But the real reason I lift is because I enjoy it. When I'm at the gym it's the only thing on my mind and thats priceless as far as I'm concerned.

SCIROXX
10-29-2012, 11:13 PM
For the chicks of course ;)

And I always feel better after hitting the weights.

Camzilla
10-29-2012, 11:16 PM
Personal pride in my accomplishments. Cant be bought, cant be handed down from someone else.
Im the sole judge and jury. No excuses, and nowhere to hide. Me versus any limitations I bring with myself.

beanlicker
10-30-2012, 03:15 AM
For me, my motivation has evolved as my life has changed:

I started lifting at age 15. I weighed under 100lbs and wanted to be bigger for the ladies. As I got stonger and bigger I became more involved in sports and got more attention from the ladies.

In college I was on an athletic scholarship and I lifted to improve in my sport and to assist me as I waged a sexual war on the female population. :D

Since college, lifting has been a place where I can go mentally relieve stress and because I've lifted for so long, the confidence I get from staying strong and staying in shape has become part of me. Plus, by staying active I can eat the things I want without fear of getting fat. Lifting and cardio have become addictive habits that I'm glad to have.

beanlicker
10-30-2012, 03:19 AM
I was bit by the iron bug even before I could walk. I love this lifestyle and achieving goals that not everyone else can. I couldn't picture my life any other way and plan on doing this til I'm buried in a piano crate.

"Piano crate".....NICE!

bionic redneck
10-30-2012, 12:41 PM
to be honest.. i lift because its become a hobby for me... something i enjoy doing.. as well as i wanna see how strong i can be.. and combined with cardio and diet id like to see how lean and big i can get...

Rooroo
10-30-2012, 05:10 PM
I still enjoy throwing around the weights , and pushing myself in the gym . I'm post forty so the aches and pain don't allow me to push and pull the amount of weight I once did but I know how to gorge the muscle's with blood.
Can't bullshit the BH though , I like to look different. Mentally and physically I feel better when I'm training . I was away from the sport for several years and I couldn't look at myself in the mirror . We are very different than most and you can't do this sport without being self-centered. Also love the the bond we all share because no one knows the hell we put ourselves through like another bodybuilder !

animal87
10-31-2012, 12:49 AM
I have alot of drive and when i set a goal i plan on getting there.

moreweight
11-09-2012, 06:05 PM
To get chicks duh

darksidefitness
11-09-2012, 07:19 PM
To challenge myself everyday and be better than yesterday!!!

Emman
11-10-2012, 01:30 AM
to be bigger then anybody else and to push myself to do my best.