PDA

View Full Version : Increasing Insulin Sensitivity/BETTER GAINS

maxmuscle1
08-10-2019, 08:45 AM
How to Naturally Increase Insulin Sensitivity for Better Muscle Gains and Fat
Loss,especially when using ped’s by Max

Many different supplements may increase insulin sensitivity, but chromium, berberine, magnesium and resveratrol are backed by the most consistent evidence.
* Probiotics
* Omega 3 fatty acids
* Resveratrol
* Aloe Vera 1tbsp 2x daily
* Berberine 500mg 3x per day w meals
* Vitamin D3
* Gymnema 200mg 2x per day
* Magnesium 250-400mg daily w food
* R-Alpha-Lipoic Acid 150-300 split dose w meals
* Chromium. 200-1000mcg daily Chromium deficiency reduces your body's ability to use carbs — converted into sugar — for energy and raises your insulin needs.
* Cinnamon 500mg 2x daily
* Ginseng 1gram w each solid meal
Better, longer sleep, increased exercise,
Fiber, more unsaturated fats, intermittent fasting, lean proteins and low glycemic fruits and vegetables have all been shown to increase insulin sensitivity, opposite of insulin resistance.

Drugs used in bodybuilding :
Amylin mimetics-pramlintide
Incretin mimetics-*Victoza, Byetta
Insulin- *different types
*Glucophage- metformin
Dipeptidyl-peptidase 4 inhibitors-*Januvia, Onglyza
Sulfonylureas-
*glipizide,tolazamide

*Everyone’s body is different, so you may respond differently to a medication than someone with the some type of diabetes. It is always best to check with your physician before implementing any of the above supplements and/or medications.

Max

Primemuscle
08-10-2019, 01:29 PM
How to Naturally Increase Insulin Sensitivity for Better Muscle Gains and Fat
Loss,especially when using ped’s by Max

Many different supplements may increase insulin sensitivity, but chromium, berberine, magnesium and resveratrol are backed by the most consistent evidence.
* Probiotics
* Omega 3 fatty acids
* Resveratrol
* Aloe Vera 1tbsp 2x daily
* Berberine 500mg 3x per day w meals
* Vitamin D3
* Gymnema 200mg 2x per day
* Magnesium 250-400mg daily w food
* R-Alpha-Lipoic Acid 150-300 split dose w meals
* Chromium. 200-1000mcg daily Chromium deficiency reduces your body's ability to use carbs — converted into sugar — for energy and raises your insulin needs.
* Cinnamon 500mg 2x daily
* Ginseng 1gram w each solid meal
Better, longer sleep, increased exercise,
Fiber, more unsaturated fats, intermittent fasting, lean proteins and low glycemic fruits and vegetables have all been shown to increase insulin sensitivity, opposite of insulin resistance.

Drugs used to increase sensitivity:
Amylin mimetics-pramlintide
Incretin mimetics-*Victoza, Byetta
Insulin- *different types
*Glucophage- metformin
Dipeptidyl-peptidase 4 inhibitors-*Januvia, Onglyza
Sulfonylureas-
*glipizide,tolazamide

*Everyone’s body is different, so you may respond differently to a medication than someone with the some type of diabetes. It is always best to check with your physician before implementing any of the above supplements and/or medications.

Max

Good information brotha. I take several of those supplements just to make sure insulin resistance stays down.

I’d like to add on top of all that you posted. Another simple thing you can do is fast 1-2x per week for 18-24 hours. That will also help bring insulin resistance down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fancycat69
08-10-2019, 01:30 PM
Walking after your meals helps big time as well.

joko123
08-10-2019, 02:13 PM
Lowering carbs drastically on your days from the gym will help prime your body and re sensitive you for your next workout.

chadmack282
08-10-2019, 02:20 PM
Apple cider vinegar 2tbl spns per also help increase insulin sensitivity quite a bit.
Also reduces fasting blood sugar levels up to 5% when taken at bed time.

solocom
08-10-2019, 04:51 PM
Apple cider vinegar 2tbl spns per also help increase insulin sensitivity quite a bit.
Also reduces fasting blood sugar levels up to 5% when taken at bed time.You beat me to it! Great info in this thread on a very important topic [emoji106]

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

Pharmaca
08-11-2019, 12:36 PM
Brother - exogenous insulin will harm and lower insulin sensitivity, this is correlated with common sense - higher and higher concentration of insulin in the serum simply reduces the sensitivity of different tissues to insulin, incorporating insulin with higher and higher dosages potentially will trigger a cascade which over time and continuous usage leads to insulin resistance

Actually the best drug (besides Metformin) to increase insulin sensitivity is IGF1, it directly counter effect for instance the GH lowering insulin sensitivity effect, I posted some scientific litarature on this section to support this. IGF1 in contrast to Metformin (which harms athletic performance) is possibly the most anabolic key hormone

maxmuscle1
08-11-2019, 01:14 PM
Brother - exogenous insulin will harm and lower insulin sensitivity, this is correlated with common sense - higher and higher concentration of insulin in the serum simply reduces the sensitivity of different tissues to insulin, incorporating insulin with higher and higher dosages potentially will trigger a cascade which over time and continuous usage leads to insulin resistance

Actually the best drug (besides Metformin) to increase insulin sensitivity is IGF1, it directly counter effect for instance the GH lowering insulin sensitivity effect, I posted some scientific litarature on this section to support this. IGF1 in contrast to Metformin (which harms athletic performance) is possibly the most anabolic key hormone

You need to read it closely. This is a post about supplements used to increase insulin sensitivity and the drugs used in bodybuilding. Of course some of the drugs shown above cause resistance, that is what this thread is about. Igf-1 is a great compound and great when used with gh. The risks involved with some of these drugs mentioned above can be lethal and that is why I said, you should check with your physician.

Max

Pharmaca
08-11-2019, 02:27 PM
You need to read it closely. This is a post about supplements used to increase insulin sensitivity and the drugs used in bodybuilding. Of course some of the drugs shown above cause resistance, that is what this thread is about. Igf-1 is a great compound and great when used with gh. The risks involved with some of these drugs mentioned above can be lethal and that is why I said, you should check with your physician.

Max

Sorry - I may misunderstood, I though u put a list of drugs which enhance insulin sensitivity, and insulin (as well as Metformin) were included

Thank you for the comprehensive review and list.

It's interesting and if you consult with an endocrinologist he'll tell you that best remedy to increase insulin sensitivity (before even balancing your diet which is of course crucial) is physical activity, and above all resistance training

maxmuscle1
08-11-2019, 02:38 PM
The exercise component is a must Indeed!!

Max

maxmuscle1
08-11-2019, 07:57 PM
Sorry - I may misunderstood, I though u put a list of drugs which enhance insulin sensitivity, and insulin (as well as Metformin) were included

Thank you for the comprehensive review and list.

It's interesting and if you consult with an endocrinologist he'll tell you that best remedy to increase insulin sensitivity (before even balancing your diet which is of course crucial) is physical activity, and above all resistance training

That’s is included in the article too. I only point this out because members sometimes browse articles and dont read the whole post.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190811/eea0b8ed1f68287be9403ba59f81ba03.jpgMax

Pharmaca
08-13-2019, 11:28 PM
It will be quite interesting to see any real science which correlates between intermittent fasting (As well as ketogenic diet) and insulin sensitivity, if anyone has pls share

I may share more then a dozen of individual blood tests which got glucose levels dropped from sub diabetic to healthy-nromal after several days on IGF1, I'll be happy to support such experiment, contact me for details

mjrpwrlfting
08-14-2019, 07:35 PM
It will be quite interesting to see any real science which correlates between intermittent fasting (As well as ketogenic diet) and insulin sensitivity, if anyone has pls share

I may share more then a dozen of individual blood tests which got glucose levels dropped from sub diabetic to healthy-nromal after several days on IGF1, I'll be happy to support such experiment, contact me for details

Jason Fung is a name I have been researching more about. He has been giving lectures on intermittent fasting.
YouTube (https://youtu.be/n3dwizlGaRI)

I would like to know more about your IGF1 plan. I’ve been battling prediabetes and stubborn weight gain.
I recently fasted for 10 days and not until the 10th day did I see results. It fucking sucks. I’ve adopted an alternating fasting schedule to keep high blood sugar levels in check.
I finally lost 10 stubborn pounds and look to using bone broth fasting to help my body regain insulin sensitivity and continued weight loss.
Cheers!

Pharmaca
08-14-2019, 08:44 PM
Jason Fung is a name I have been researching more about. He has been giving lectures on intermittent fasting.
YouTube (https://youtu.be/n3dwizlGaRI)

I would like to know more about your IGF1 plan. I’ve been battling prediabetes and stubborn weight gain.
I recently fasted for 10 days and not until the 10th day did I see results. It fucking sucks. I’ve adopted an alternating fasting schedule to keep high blood sugar levels in check.
I finally lost 10 stubborn pounds and look to using bone broth fasting to help my body regain insulin sensitivity and continued weight loss.
Cheers!

The work with IGF1 is simple and easy to mnitor (IGF1-lr3is the preferred choice as it has the longest half life so most favorable metabolic effect ), the basic protocol is 20-40mcg before the main meal of the day, preferably post workout, to really asses the results all you need is a glucometer, check glucose level 30mins, 120 mins and 12 hours post injection, a couple of weeks on IGF1 will do the trick and help to restore insulin sensitivity, reduction of blood glucose levels is apparent after first injection of course, but I would stay at this dosage for 5-6 weeks, and then drop it completely and check glucose levels after a week to asses the accumulative effect

To take advantage over the full anabolic effect of the IGF1 higher dosages are required (50-150mcg a day), and then some mild hypo may happen 30-60 mins post injection, but really easy to control (unlike humalog for instance).

IGF1 really shines along with GH usage, and will negate perfectly the GH's effect on reducing insulin sensitivity and raising glucose levels

Trtquest
03-29-2021, 04:59 PM
Good info thanks

Trtquest
03-30-2021, 08:27 PM
Good read