PDA

View Full Version : Results of mk677 and insulin sensitivity

Thompsoncustom
08-16-2019, 12:30 AM
Hey guys brand new here but thought I'd shed some light on mk677 and insulin sensitivity.

I'm type 1 diabetic and have been for the last 15 years so I have a real good understanding of how much insulin I need and what effects it. Unlike a normal person were there body just makes more insulin as needed I have to inject 100% of mine. Even tho my AC1 has averaged under 7 for the last couple years I'm always looking for improvements and will be getting some cyborg style equipment here soon.

Now on to mk677, if you read about it you'll find that some places mention that it increases insulin resistance and boy does it.

So for 50 grams of carbs I need 5 units of insulin. I've always had a 1 to 10 ratio. 1 units of insulin for every 10 carbs and that's spot on

After running mk677 for a couple days and my blood sugar being really high I found that my ratio changed to 1 to 2.5. That's 4 times more insulin than normal when using 25mg of mk677

Now my thoughts on this is that the hgh increase isnt the cause of the increased insulin resistance but the increase in igf-1 not really sure on the cause this is all just my personal experience I'd thought I'd share with you guys if you were courios about mk677 and insulin sensitivity.

Also after the mk677 is completely out of your system which takes a couple days insulin sensitivity returns to normal.

solocom
08-17-2019, 05:49 PM
Hey guys brand new here but thought I'd shed some light on mk677 and insulin sensitivity.

I'm type 1 diabetic and have been for the last 15 years so I have a real good understanding of how much insulin I need and what effects it. Unlike a normal person were there body just makes more insulin as needed I have to inject 100% of mine. Even tho my AC1 has averaged under 7 for the last couple years I'm always looking for improvements and will be getting some cyborg style equipment here soon.

Now on to mk677, if you read about it you'll find that some places mention that it increases insulin resistance and boy does it.

So for 50 grams of carbs I need 5 units of insulin. I've always had a 1 to 10 ratio. 1 units of insulin for every 10 carbs and that's spot on

After running mk677 for a couple days and my blood sugar being really high I found that my ratio changed to 1 to 2.5. That's 4 times more insulin than normal when using 25mg of mk677

Now my thoughts on this is that the hgh increase isnt the cause of the increased insulin resistance but the increase in igf-1 not really sure on the cause this is all just my personal experience I'd thought I'd share with you guys if you were courios about mk677 and insulin sensitivity.

Also after the mk677 is completely out of your system which takes a couple days insulin sensitivity returns to normal.

So for every 10g carbs, you need 4 units of insulin on mk?

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

Raphael3289
08-17-2019, 05:52 PM
Great post thanks for sharing

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Thompsoncustom
08-18-2019, 12:47 AM
Yes. So instead of the normal 5 units I would take for 50 carbs. I would need 20 units of insulin to do the same thing.

solocom
08-18-2019, 01:05 AM
Yes. So instead of the normal 5 units I would take for 50 carbs. I would need 20 units of insulin to do the same thing.Wow, that's very interesting. Thanks for sharing! Being T1, your experience provides very precise and valuable information. I would have never guessed it impacted insulin sensitivity that much. I guess you could make the case for using lantus and MK the same time if you are non diabetic.

Thompsoncustom
08-18-2019, 02:57 AM
Wow, that's very interesting. Thanks for sharing! Being T1, your experience provides very precise and valuable information. I would have never guessed it impacted insulin sensitivity that much. I guess you could make the case for using lantus and MK the same time if you are non diabetic.

Ya I didn't think it would have that much impact either. Would a normal person benefit at all from a long acting insulin like lantus? Your body should just correct your high blood sugar by releasing more of it's own insulin.

I guess I didn't mention that I also had to raise my lantus from 40 units a day to 60. But it gets a little more complicated for me than a normal person too as the mk677 starts to wear off my blood sugar would start to drop from the higher dose of lantus.

Next time I try running mk677 again I will have to spilt it into 2 even doses 12 hrs apart. Also I'll have a continuous blood sugar monitor at that point.

solocom
08-18-2019, 03:12 AM
Ya I didn't think it would have that much impact either. Would a normal person benefit at all from a long acting insulin like lantus? Your body should just correct your high blood sugar by releasing more of it's own insulin.

I guess I didn't mention that I also had to raise my lantus from 40 units a day to 60. But it gets a little more complicated for me than a normal person too as the mk677 starts to wear off my blood sugar would start to drop from the higher dose of lantus.

Next time I try running mk677 again I will have to spilt it into 2 even doses 12 hrs apart. Also I'll have a continuous blood sugar monitor at that point.Insulin sensitivity is extremely important for non diabetic bodybuilders. If MK decreases sensitivity that much, it would definitely be in our interest to lower blood sugar or increase sensitivity. It's the same reason that a lot of people run insulin or metformin with growth hormone.

solocom
08-18-2019, 03:18 AM
But yes, you are correct that our body will adjust and increase the amount of insulin secreted. I was just thinking that you may have better results adding lantus.

bebeav
08-18-2019, 01:04 PM
Hey buddy,

What kind of long lasting insulin were you using during that experience, did you modified your dosage? Did it impact your fasting BS while using mk?
Do you use a CGM device?

Thompsoncustom
08-19-2019, 07:08 AM
Hey buddy,

What kind of long lasting insulin were you using during that experience, did you modified your dosage? Did it impact your fasting BS while using mk?
Do you use a CGM device?

Lantus, yes I went from 40 to 60 units.yes at 40 fasting was high but when I went to 60 it seemed to fix that until the mk677 got to weak at the end of the day and it would make my blood sugar low

Drillit
08-19-2019, 08:58 AM
Good bit of information here. I have not personally noted any difference in my own insulin sensitivity running mk vs not running it. That said, I run a fair amount of GH.
Now that I’ve read this, I’m going to be paying a little closer attention though.
You said after 2 days or so it seems to return to normal?

Thompsoncustom
08-20-2019, 07:09 AM
Good bit of information here. I have not personally noted any difference in my own insulin sensitivity running mk vs not running it. That said, I run a fair amount of GH.
Now that I’ve read this, I’m going to be paying a little closer attention though.

I use the term a couple days loosely, if I remember right by the 4th day coming off I didn't really notice much effect of the mk677 on insulin sensitivity.

bebeav
08-20-2019, 11:03 PM
Lantus, yes I went from 40 to 60 units.yes at 40 fasting was high but when I went to 60 it seemed to fix that until the mk677 got to weak at the end of the day and it would make my blood sugar low

Interesting, soon to begin with 15mg before bed and i'm using Tressiba a long acting, will see how it will impact my fasting bs. I didn't think at first it would impact bs that much, pretty interesting, thx for the info buddy.

Do you think while you used 4x more short acting and 50% more slow acting, you gain more fat?
What else where you running at this moment and what was your goal?

Drillit
08-20-2019, 11:50 PM
Interesting, soon to begin with 15mg before bed and i'm using Tressiba a long acting, will see how it will impact my fasting bs. I didn't think at first it would impact bs that much, pretty interesting, thx for the info buddy.

Do you think while you used 4x more short acting and 50% more slow acting, you gain more fat?

I run 25 before bed and am usually under 100 upon waking. I also eat 50 grams of long carbs before bed.

JRam
08-20-2019, 11:54 PM

You run MK and GH at the same time?

jrock645
08-21-2019, 12:29 AM
Ever try using metformin with mk to assist with insulin sensitivity?

Drillit
08-21-2019, 01:00 AM
You run MK and GH at the same time?

Yes. I am currently running mk at 25mg at night and 5iu GH upon waking.

Drillit
08-21-2019, 01:01 AM
Ever try using metformin with mk to assist with insulin sensitivity?

My coach has actually advised me to do this. I just have yet to order metformin.

Njord
08-21-2019, 11:13 AM
My coach has actually advised me to do this. I just have yet to order metformin.

How much metformin will you have to take with a standard dose of 25mg of mk daily ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thompsoncustom
08-21-2019, 08:21 PM

Impossible to say only ran it for a little over a week before stopping due to the issues it caused with my blood sugar, gonna spilt the dose and run it again sometime.

A note on fat and insulin tho, 15 years ago when I found out I was type 1 I did what they recommended and gave my shots sub que in my abdominal area. Problem is I believe you get a little extra fat built up were you inject all the time and you definitely get scar tissue that builds up.

So before completely destroying my lower abs I switched to my upper legs which look messed up and lumpy but I'm ok with that area of my body taking the needle/insulin abuse.

jrock645
08-24-2019, 04:45 PM
How much metformin will you have to take with a standard dose of 25mg of mk daily ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im taking 500mg 2x a day. Just started this along with IGF1lr3 and hexarelin

bebeav
08-25-2019, 12:32 AM
Impossible to say only ran it for a little over a week before stopping due to the issues it caused with my blood sugar, gonna spilt the dose and run it again sometime.

A note on fat and insulin tho, 15 years ago when I found out I was type 1 I did what they recommended and gave my shots sub que in my abdominal area. Problem is I believe you get a little extra fat built up were you inject all the time and you definitely get scar tissue that builds up.

So before completely destroying my lower abs I switched to my upper legs which look messed up and lumpy but I'm ok with that area of my body taking the needle/insulin abuse.

I'm using legs and butt for long acting and to reduce the damge on my abs, i also use tricep (mostly), bicep, shoulder, forearm and even the muscle between my thumb and index for my fast acting, going into the muscle when using fast acting carb so BS don't have much time to raise since insulin release is pretty faster in the muscle. I'm T1D since 7 years now