PDA

View Full Version : Testosterone Deficiency To Have Big Public Health Impact

beanlicker
10-28-2012, 08:41 PM
Jody A. Charnow (http://www.renalandurologynews.com/jody-a-charnow/author/50/)
October 26 2012

Over a 20-year period in the United States, testosterone (T) deficiency will be involved in the development of about 1.3 million new cases of cardiovascular disease (CVD) (http://www.renalandurologynews.com/cardiovascular-disease-cvd/section/627/), according to a recent online report in the Journal of Sexual Medicine. It also will be a factor in the etiology of 1.1 million new cases of diabetes mellitus (DM) and more than 600,000 osteoporosis-related fractures (ORFs).

Daniel J. Moskovic, MD, of Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center in New York, and colleagues used six national databases and large cross-sectional studies to ascertain the incidence, prevalence, and mortality of sequellae associated with T deficiency, namely CVD, DM, and ORFs. They collected information on men aged 45-74 years. The investigators assumed a 13.4% prevalence of T deficiency, which they defined as a T level below 300 ng/dL.

Dr. Moskovic's team projected that in the first year of a 20-year period, the attributed cost burden of these diseases was about $8.4 billion. Over the 20-year period, T deficiency may be directly responsible for about $190 billion to $525 billion in inflation-adjusted U.S. healthcare expenditures.

“While many uncertainties with regard to T deficiency remain unresolved, the projections presented herein highlight the potential magnitude of T deficiency as a modifiable risk factor for cardiometabolic wellness,” the authors wrote. “Therefore, resource allocation to investigate the role of androgens and general lifestyle modification in men's general health may be a justifiable investment with the potential to generate significant financial and quality-of-life returns.”

Camzilla
10-28-2012, 10:54 PM
I been saying this forever! My pops, older brother, and myself are all TRT patients. The old man has a bad ticker, broken a few bones as he's aged and is insulin dependent.

As a young man he was a rockstar, shredded and strong. About 45 he lost his drive and started gaining weight. Broke a hip and went downhill from there. At 60 they tested his T, and Bam, low as hell. Started TRT and he's gotten his vitality back.

Im
Convinced. Hell, if a women has fucked up hormones, folks will tell you its a critical issue for quality of life. Same applies for men.

PAiN
10-31-2012, 07:28 PM
I been saying this forever! My pops, older brother, and myself are all TRT patients. The old man has a bad ticker, broken a few bones as he's aged and is insulin dependent.

As a young man he was a rockstar, shredded and strong. About 45 he lost his drive and started gaining weight. Broke a hip and went downhill from there. At 60 they tested his T, and Bam, low as hell. Started TRT and he's gotten his vitality back.

Im
Convinced. Hell, if a women has fucked up hormones, folks will tell you its a critical issue for quality of life. Same applies for men.

I agree bro's. I have spoke to so many people that I have recommended TRT for and each one of them thanks me every day. Some had been on it as long as a year before I saw them again and I could barely recognize them. They looked 20 years younger.