PDA

View Full Version : Low Back Pain

bigboithetank
10-29-2012, 08:01 PM
Hey all, it's Big Boi again. I have had back pain for several weeks now due to heavy stiff-legged deadlifts. I've seen a chiropractor but the pain is still persistent. Do I need Physical Therapy or NMT?

Dath
10-29-2012, 11:19 PM
When I injured my back a couple months ago I was seeing a chiropractor....after 3 visits I opted to go see a family Dr.
He prescribed an oral cortisone, gave me the option of PT and scheduled me a Scan. Come to find out a disk was inflamed and putting pressure on the sciatic nerve. The cortisone and 3200mgs ibuprofen a day did wonders.

IMO my chiropractor was really of no use....keeping me inline once a month yes.....real back issues no.
best advice I got bro

SCIROXX
10-29-2012, 11:22 PM
Do you train your lower back to compensate for the work load?

How is your training form? Alot of people who think they lift correctly I have seen and they have terrible form causing pain and soreness and even worse injuries.

beanlicker
10-29-2012, 11:25 PM
Dath's advice is spot on........You shouldn't fuck around with a back injury. If you've had constant back pain, you should see your doctor.

I had upper back pain years ago and tried getting massages then tried a chiropractor, but found no relief until I saw a doctor.

PAiN
10-30-2012, 12:04 AM
Good info guys.

I agree with all the above.

Do you do any core exercises? They are very important for overall support for every exercise.

I would also see a regular Doc just to be on the safe side.

bigboithetank
10-30-2012, 01:07 AM
Yeah, I do core exercise everyday before I train including hyperextensions. I do them nice and slow. I'll see a doctor.

bbcoach
11-01-2012, 01:45 AM
I have low back pain as well. What is a good exercise to do to help with this?

pump1344
11-01-2012, 02:14 AM
First off know your body there is pain that is sometimes from overuse then there can be pain due to a tear or disk problems. First sign of real pain and not soreness from overdoing it. SEE A Doctor get an MRI so you and the DR. can be sure,Then treat, in my field LMT being a professional MassageTherapest chiro's work on the bones and massagetherapest work on the muscles what do you think holds the spine in place and the same goes for your shoulders you would be surpized what the muscles do , just the shoulder has 7 muscles front delt meidal dealt and rear delt and the 4 SITS muscles, as far as doing anylower back workouts why not start with just back extensions just to warm up the muscles and any type of steroid injection will only be tempery and also those type of steroids are bad for tendons
Respect,
Pump1344

Dath
11-01-2012, 03:00 PM
I have low back pain as well. What is a good exercise to do to help with this?

As Pump suggested body weight Hyper extensions, bbcoach do stretch much? This can relieve a lot of pain

carguy007007
12-05-2012, 11:15 PM
On most cases I would agree with above advice, except for the fact you may have a spondi. That is where a vertebrae (usually L3, L4, L5 ) is pushed forward of the vertebrae below, causing pinching. In that case hyper's are the worse thing you could do. How tight are your hamstrings? Could be pitching your sacrum forward causing pain as well.

carguy007007
12-05-2012, 11:17 PM
That should be spondy with a y?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spondylolisthesis

mustang_00
12-06-2012, 12:09 PM
Inversion tables = the win!

3200mgs of ibpro?? how was your liver?

carguy007007
12-07-2012, 06:28 AM
I have heard good things about inversion tables. I would love to get some feedback on them for personal users.

thundercat900
02-20-2013, 12:11 AM
Inversion tables = the win!

3200mgs of ibpro?? how was your liver?

wow ya, I was thinking the same... typo?

kuntrykok
02-20-2013, 03:07 AM
I think you can take 800 Mgs every 6 hours on extreme occasions. I have been Rx'd 800 mg tabs although it was back in the 90's.

sonofJOR-EL
02-21-2013, 08:16 AM
Inversion table is the shit but make sure use it in slow increments no more then 2 mins half way inverted for 1st couple of days gradually increase inversion and time but really no need to exceed 8 mins. Chrio won't help if it's a disk issue make sure u streach those hammies and hip flexors

srilankanmuscle
02-22-2013, 05:59 PM
Sorry to hear that man. Foam roll your glutes and back. Also focus on strengthening your glute muscles. Squeeze them as hard as you can whenever you are working back and or legs. I stopped having back issues when I properly trained my posterior chain.

megaman11
03-30-2013, 04:33 PM
Yea. Stretching will help alot of the lower back. Believe me! I have a torn disc between my L4-L5. If you get on the bicycle at the gym. That will help out alot to bbcoach.

drednought
04-09-2013, 02:17 PM
Sorry to hear that man. Foam roll your glutes and back. Also focus on strengthening your glute muscles. Squeeze them as hard as you can whenever you are working back and or legs. I stopped having back issues when I properly trained my posterior chain.
Bingo, this is KEY. Strengthening the abdominal chain is a must. A lot of issues cause pain and inflam due to poor "spinal positioning" & reduced space between vertebrae due to curvature changes. Strengthening the lower back and abs can be a big help in pin reduction...