PDA

View Full Version : BA BB and carrier oil questions.

bobhead
08-26-2019, 04:42 PM
Hey, so what specifications should I be looking for when buying this stuff?

Mr. S
08-27-2019, 05:12 AM
They have to be pharmaceutical grade / lab grade / USP /BP... Usually 99.9%.

Carrier oil as long its pure without any additive, costco or your local supermarket should have grapeseed oil or mct oil.

Regards,
S.

bobhead
08-27-2019, 06:00 AM
Do you know how many grams of testosterone can be dissolved into 20ml of BB?

Mr. S
08-27-2019, 06:04 AM
What are you trying to brew in what strength?

Usually for 100ml test e 250mg/ml the ratio is 2%BA an 20%BB..

Regards,
S.

bobhead
08-27-2019, 07:27 AM
I'm just wondering if I could mix up the raw with the bb&ba and then filter it into the sterile oil.

Mr. S
08-27-2019, 07:43 AM
Nah brother, this is how you do it:-

Use a steroid raw powder calculator,

mix your oil of choice with the raw powder and BB on low heat using a double boiler method (I usually use a glass straw to help it mix better) once all dissolved take from the heating stove/heating element and mix the ba (BA mixed at the end so it doesn't evaporate)

Start filtering all in a sterile vial.

Any future question ask away.

Regards,
S.

bobhead
08-27-2019, 04:29 PM
If I'm buying sterile oil, I figure their filtration is much better.
I don't want to contaminate it.

Can you really filter oil with a micron filter?

Mr. S
08-28-2019, 01:00 AM
Brother you won't have an issue I been filtering with 0.22um filters for years.

Regards,
S.

bobhead
08-28-2019, 05:27 PM
Alright thanks.

Zanqueta
08-28-2019, 05:36 PM
Nah brother, this is how you do it:-

Use a steroid raw powder calculator,

mix your oil of choice with the raw powder and BB on low heat using a double boiler method (I usually use a glass straw to help it mix better) once all dissolved take from the heating stove/heating element and mix the ba (BA mixed at the end so it doesn't evaporate)

Start filtering all in a sterile vial.

Any future question ask away.

Regards,
S.

Do you sterilize beckers (or at least clean with 70% alcohol) before mixing them?

Mr. S
08-29-2019, 02:44 AM
Yeah brother, I wash them with soapy water on that day and when dry sterlize then with iso alcohol... Been doing this for 15+years no issue whatsoever.

Regards,
S.

Mr. S
08-29-2019, 02:46 AM
Alright thanks.You are welcome :)

Regards,
S.

1tuffcookie
10-13-2019, 03:29 PM
if you really wanna be safe invest in an auto clave that will def. sterilize everything in 45 min and you are ready to brew without any doubts of contamination

bobhead
10-13-2019, 06:28 PM
Cool, autoclave. I'll check it out.

Enigma
10-14-2019, 03:21 PM
Don’t bother with an autoclave.
Wash beakers, rinse, wash with iso, rinse well with distilled water, bake in oven at 400f if you can to ensure no moisture remains. The beakers do not need to be sterile, just clean, like everything else. The exception is media bottles if you are filtering into them. They need to be sterile. Many different thoughts on this but a simple way is to wash as previously described and then put in a vacuum bag/autoclave bag/similar with top on loose. Run through pressure cooker at 250psi for 45 minutes.
All this is just precautionary anyway unless you are doing all your filtering and packaging under laminar flow.
I have All-American pressure cookers, expensive but well worth it. There are also autoclave services out there, which is what I currently use.

bobhead
10-25-2019, 08:03 PM
Has anyone experimented with various types oils and the raw hormone solubility.

Perhaps some oils can naturally hold a higher. concentration.
?

Caustic Charm
01-06-2020, 03:03 AM
Don’t bother with an autoclave.
Wash beakers, rinse, wash with iso, rinse well with distilled water, bake in oven at 400f if you can to ensure no moisture remains. The beakers do not need to be sterile, just clean, like everything else. The exception is media bottles if you are filtering into them. They need to be sterile. Many different thoughts on this but a simple way is to wash as previously described and then put in a vacuum bag/autoclave bag/similar with top on loose. Run through pressure cooker at 250psi for 45 minutes.
All this is just precautionary anyway unless you are doing all your filtering and packaging under laminar flow.
I have All-American pressure cookers, expensive but well worth it. There are also autoclave services out there, which is what I currently use.

I do what Enigma does, sterilize with pressure cooker. Use a bunsen burner to create a sterile field, and set all my product bottles underneath it while brewing.

Enigma
01-07-2020, 02:44 AM
For the record, I use an autoclave service. They pick up my stuff and return bagged and sterile. Only thing i autoclave personally now is stuff like transfer tubing and stoppers.

Sinister9912
01-07-2020, 03:42 PM
For the record, I use an autoclave service. They pick up my stuff and return bagged and sterile. Only thing i autoclave personally now is stuff like transfer tubing and stoppers.

Hey how’s it going brother, had a question about autoclave machines. When I googled autoclave machines, I also found listings for “sterilizer” machines that used either dry heat or uv rays to sanitize. The actual “autoclave” machines were pretty expensive, with the cheaper ones being around $400.

My question was, is there any real difference between the three technologies(uv,dry heat,high pressure steam), and does anyone know if UV would work for the dark amber colored 10ml vials/bottles? And would dry heat (270 degree+) melt the rubber or silicone vial stoppers? Is there any difference if using your oven to dry heat sterilize vs one of those machines?
I’m needing to order something very soon but can’t decide which route to go, taking pricing and convenience into consideration, with convenience not being super important to me assuming an over would be just as suffice as one of those machines....

Thank you in advance!

Enigma
01-07-2020, 07:12 PM
Minimum investment:
Small 15 Quart Stovetop Autoclave Sterilizer | AllAmericanCanner.com (http://www.allamericancanner.com/Small-Stovetop-Autoclave-Sterilizer.htm)

Everything from China on eBay is shit. Or at the least, you get what you pay for.

Mr. S
01-07-2020, 09:48 PM
No sure where I read but you can use a pressure cooker to sterlize the glass ware.... I think it's the same principle Mum's use to sterlize their babies bottle, ect....

From memory that pressure cooker thingy was around $120-150 us dollars.

Regards,

S.

Enigma
01-08-2020, 03:09 PM
Sure, you can use a normal pressure cooker but it is capped at 15psi which is 250F. So 30 minutes at that should suffice. My autoclave reaches 30psi which is 270F. Three minutes there does the trick. But the process is much longer due to cool down times.

Here’s a cool chart:

Autoclave Time Temperature Pressure Chart (https://sterilizers.com/autoclave-time-temperature-pressure-chart.html)

Sinister9912
01-09-2020, 01:42 AM
Minimum investment:
Small 15 Quart Stovetop Autoclave Sterilizer | AllAmericanCanner.com (http://www.allamericancanner.com/Small-Stovetop-Autoclave-Sterilizer.htm)

Everything from China on eBay is shit. Or at the least, you get what you pay for.

I appreciate it, thank you.

Mr. S
01-09-2020, 02:26 AM
Sure, you can use a normal pressure cooker but it is capped at 15psi which is 250F. So 30 minutes at that should suffice. My autoclave reaches 30psi which is 270F. Three minutes there does the trick. But the process is much longer due to cool down times.

Here’s a cool chart:

Autoclave Time Temperature Pressure Chart (https://sterilizers.com/autoclave-time-temperature-pressure-chart.html)Ahh ok I didn't know that.. Thanks for the info bro.

Regards,

S.