PDA

View Full Version : Expired Gear (The truth)

Vision
10-06-2019, 01:11 PM
I've seen this question pop up lately in some of the internet panels, therefore I figured I would shed some light on the topic.

Just about the majority of medications including anabolic steroids that are injectables and orals, have a relatively long lifespan..The expiration date is just something that was implemented by the FDA to basically give a time span for the safe practice and and Overstock value which was put into place by the United States military with an investigation back in the mid-70s, therefore it became a "tradition" to have exp dates on most meds "including compounds found in the UGL market"... Researchers and medical facilities worldwide have conducted multiple tests on numerous medications and found that even decades after expiration date they still possessed almost there full potential in which they were labeled at (Research is available, look it up).. however there is exceptions with certain medications that are extremely sensitive and delicate but you would need to look up those medications..

In regards to degrading drugs such as STEROIDS, someone would really need to have these compounds (steroids) in some pretty piss poor conditions/environment such as constant exposure to UV lighting, habitual exposure to hot and cold temperatures repeatedly, even then the hormone will not degrade significantly but most likely just fall out of its position (crash/crystallize).. Like I said when it pertains to anabolic steroids there actual real shelf life can be up to decades exceeding 10 years or more..

If you wish to discontinue your protocol, and even whatever you have in your stock it is wise to keep them at room temperature and away from direct light.. That is why some medication will be dispensed inside of Amber vials or plastic bottles, to protect from UV lighting... One of our partner that networks with us here at EP they are known as "Pivotal Labs" (https://puritysourcelabs.ru/50-pivotal-labs-usa) they see and recognize this potential Hazard and they have resorted back to using Amber vials just for this reason.. A lot of Laboratories like to go with the clean crisp look, because people have a sense of security when they're able to look at their contents but if you know and trust your lab you can rest assure that your contents are safe on the interior that is why Pivotal Labs operates with the highest standard and they chose to use Amber vials to assure greater quality and product integrity..

Simple Rules gentleman:
Store all of your unused contents away from direct light, and avoid extreme climate differences weather hot or cold.. room temperature is the best setting and avoid exposure to moisture..

thaifoon
10-06-2019, 06:49 PM
I read that the test itself likely will last a long time, but the oil used with it will go rancid within 2-3 years. Is that true?

Biggaintime
10-06-2019, 07:16 PM
This is a common question. I watched something on tv a while back on this subject. Specifically over-the-counter meds if I remember correctly. The idea is yes most things will last past the expiration. Big companies can set an expiration date ensuring that the customer will throw that out and buy more. but in most cases the product can last for years after the expiration date. In the zombie apocalypse happens you're not going to worry about expiration dates.

joko123
10-06-2019, 07:35 PM
I’ve used insulin that’s past expiration date , 8 months out of a refrigerator and still works fine. Expiration dates are bs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enigma
10-06-2019, 07:47 PM
Oil won’t go rancid in the absence of oxygen. So an unopened vial might be good to go but the one from three years ago with 2ml left in it...maybe not good to pin.

I mentioned once in another post that I like to lay down an argon blanket on oil bottles that are opened AND I refrigerate them. I am super sensitive to rancidity and can smell it from across the room.

Most UGL expiration dates are bogus anyway. People want to see them so, there they are. Lot numbers too. Not everyone but plenty. Ordering 10k labels for a production run of 300 vials doesn’t make sense.

thaifoon
10-06-2019, 08:20 PM
Oil won’t go rancid in the absence of oxygen. So an unopened vial might be good to go but the one from three years ago with 2ml left in it...maybe not good to pin.

I mentioned once in another post that I like to lay down an argon blanket on oil bottles that are opened AND I refrigerate them. I am super sensitive to rancidity and can smell it from across the room.

Most UGL expiration dates are bogus anyway. People want to see them so, there they are. Lot numbers too. Not everyone but plenty. Ordering 10k labels for a production run of 300 vials doesn’t make sense.

Makes sense, thanks.

teej750
10-07-2019, 01:16 AM
There was a study years back but it was only on antibiotics. Since everyone keeps them "just in case" they need them. Def a different ballgame than with injectables but what they found was a decrease in potency. Which at the end of the day isn't a big deal, being as how a less potent antibiotic is better than none at all. Some of the ABX tested were years past expired.

I think generally speaking the FDA requires companies to put an expiration date on things that allows them some wiggle room. However I doubt this applies to UGL steroids though.

Do what I do. I always use the eye and the sniff test. Just like a one night stand. If it passes the eyeball test, on to the sniff test, and if it passes that it's a green light.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Vision
10-08-2019, 03:43 AM
There was a study years back but it was only on antibiotics. Since everyone keeps them "just in case" they need them. Def a different ballgame than with injectables but what they found was a decrease in potency. Which at the end of the day isn't a big deal, being as how a less potent antibiotic is better than none at all. Some of the ABX tested were years past expired.

I think generally speaking the FDA requires companies to put an expiration date on things that allows them some wiggle room. However I doubt this applies to UGL steroids though.

Do what I do. I always use the eye and the sniff test. Just like a one night stand. If it passes the eyeball test, on to the sniff test, and if it passes that it's a green light.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

There was quite a few studies I was reading where they were testing out medications worldwide.. I was pretty impressed with the results.. and just like you said man many of us stockpile for that oh s*** purpose.. I'm quite confident that they remain somewhat within the ballpark range of what would be acceptable for therapeutic treatment.. my wife has amazing health coverage so throughout the years I've often gone to urgent cares and my position for everything and anything and I stock up on medication.. I have a s*** ton of antibiotics of all sorts..
Naturally I don't touch them, but a few months ago one of my molars was killing me.. thank God I had a stash..

Themaskedrider
10-08-2019, 04:53 AM
How about GH?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro