PDA

View Full Version : Iran fires on unarmed Drone

Dath
11-09-2012, 04:51 AM
Iran fired on an unarmed U.S. drone last week as it was hovering in international airspace, the Pentagon announced Thursday.

Spokesman George Little said the incident, which marks the first time the Iranians have fired on a U.S. drone, occurred Nov. 1 at 4:50 a.m. ET.

He said the unarmed, unmanned drone was conducting "routine surveillance" over the Persian Gulf when it was "intercepted" by Iran. He said the MQ1 Predator drone, which was not hit, was not in Iranian airspace.

According to Little, two Iranian jets fired twice, missing on both attempts -- the drone headed away from the Iranian coast, landing safely soon after at an undisclosed location. The Iranian jets pursued the drone for a short period before giving up.

Little said the U.S. government has protested to the Iranians. Asked about how the U.S. could respond, he said: "We have a wide range of options from diplomatic to military."

He would not say whether there were actually plans for a military response. Asked if this should be considered an act of war, Little said he didn't want to get into "legal characterizations" of the event.

Little stressed that the drone was flying 16 nautical miles off the coast of Kuwait in international waters, and never entered the 12-mile limit that would constitute Iranian territory.

The Pentagon announced the incident as the administration imposed a new round of financial sanctions against Iranian officials and entities. They marked the first sanctions since President Obama's re-election Tuesday. According to the Treasury Department, the move was "related to the Iranian government's human rights abuses, its support of terrorism and Iran's Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps."

The drone encounter comes after a U.S. drone crashed in Iran late last year. Iran claimed to have shot it down, but U.S. officials said it merely malfunctioned and crashed.

Little said the U.S. will continue to run surveillance missions in the region.

Read more: Iran fired at unarmed US drone, Pentagon says | Fox News
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/11/08/iran-fired-at-us-drone-pentagon-says/#ixzz2BgeibkUk

beanlicker
11-09-2012, 06:10 AM
Their building a fucking nuclear bomb and we haven't reacted. We allowed them to capture one of our drones without detroying it before they could reverse engineer it. Plus we just lost a U.S. Ambassador and didn't even go in a week later to retreive vital docs like his personal diary. We sure as hell aren't going to react to a near miss on a drone.

We are considered to be a weak nation by the middle east largely due to our passivity and lack of desisive leadership with regards to foreign issues.

bugse2342
11-09-2012, 02:06 PM
LMAO, they couldn't even shoot down a drone plane.

graniteman
11-15-2012, 04:04 AM
Yea, that ''captured'' drone was really fishy. I think Osambama gave it to them. It friggin landed 100% safely\intact on a runway in Iran? Like they don't have a destruct mechanism

PAiN
11-16-2012, 04:15 AM
LMAO, they couldn't even shoot down a drone plane.

LMAO

Yea, that ''captured'' drone was really fishy. I think Osambama gave it to them. It friggin landed 100% safely\intact on a runway in Iran? Like they don't have a destruct mechanism

I wouldn't doubt it.

ShortnWide
11-19-2012, 04:40 PM
This is where everyone splits on the war subject. To enter a country and fight or not to.
I am the type that would go in and divide and F-in conquer.

hanuri
03-16-2013, 11:17 PM
ok fellas , you go in and start a campaign against iran ... clean and mean ? too bad itīs not just iran ... there are russia and china involved too . they wonīt just wtch if iran is attacked .and how bout having to pay like 5 to 10 usd per dallon on gas the minute any attack is done . noon can say how high the oilprice would balloon . estimates been done it could be like 500 -even 1000 usd a barrel .....I would not attack .

Greenegorilla2
03-16-2013, 11:22 PM
I would nuke em.

JM750
03-17-2013, 01:41 AM
I would nuke em.

X100000

graniteman
03-17-2013, 06:04 AM
ok fellas , you go in and start a campaign against iran ... clean and mean ? too bad itīs not just iran ... there are russia and china involved too . they wonīt just wtch if iran is attacked .and how bout having to pay like 5 to 10 usd per dallon on gas the minute any attack is done . noon can say how high the oilprice would balloon . estimates been done it could be like 500 -even 1000 usd a barrel .....I would not attack .

I vote non stop aerial campaign . Chin a and russia aint gonna stepin

hanuri
03-17-2013, 11:42 AM
I vote non stop aerial campaign . Chin a and russia aint gonna stepin

ok. killing people is just "campaign" . just like the iraq "campaign " . casualities donīt mean nothing ( unless ofcourse US soldiers ) . u serious china and russia would not step in ? both countries are superpowers when it comes to armies and killing power . plus neither country gives a rat īs behind how many own soldiers is lost . less mouths to feed ...... and cost of oil means nothin either ? better buy something that doesnīt need gas or such for moving , since the oil price will skyrocket almost overnight , when / if this "campaign " is launched . thatīs how oil business works .... a simple threat will rise oil price immeditely and as known there are kinds of players w the price around who certainly will start their game too . if iran feels it has nothing to lose , it might burn itīs oilfields + shut down the strait of hormuz ( it can do that ) ..... yea no need to move around w a car after that .

after the lying w iraq "campaign " reasons ( VMDīs - yes nonvisible , nothing found up to day ) I see no reason to believe what US governement , army or intelligence tells bout iranīs nuclear weapon building . just another excuse to attack , again million miles away from US soil . sadly the media once again shows itīs power and guides the herd behind the new "campaign " .. it seems . just like w iraqistanian . hope we wonīt have to see the next "campaign " happen .IMO

Greenegorilla2
03-17-2013, 01:25 PM
No one really knows why we are at war be it money or oil or because USA is just a dick, they need to quit going to war and cut money, instead of taxing us.

pulooooooo
03-17-2013, 02:40 PM
So much money could be saved instead of having so much war..they only let us know what they want us to know..

hanuri
03-17-2013, 08:42 PM
No one really knows why we are at war be it money or oil or because USA is just a dick, they need to quit going to war and cut money, instead of taxing us.

u right . US citizen PAY wars w taxes ....since Iīm not from US I wonīt call it a dick though .