PDA

View Full Version : GABA quadruples release of growth hormone after training

Vision
10-17-2019, 05:35 AM
This is why I use gaba before bed,, the stuff is amazing!

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/61mxxNxmLDL._SY355_.jpg

GABA quadruples release of growth hormone after training (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18091016) (Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2008 Jan; 40 (1): 104-10.)

Growth hormone isoform responses to GABA ingestion at rest and after exercise.

Powers ME (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=Powers%20ME%5BAuthor%5D&cauthor=true&cauthor_uid=18091016)1, Yarrow JF (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=Yarrow%20JF%5BAuthor%5D&cauthor=true&cauthor_uid=18091016), McCoy SC (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=McCoy%20SC%5BAuthor%5D&cauthor=true&cauthor_uid=18091016), Borst SE (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=Borst%20SE%5BAuthor%5D&cauthor=true&cauthor_uid=18091016).
Author information (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18091016#)

1Division of Athletic Training, Shenendoah University, Winchester, VA 22601, USA. [email protected]

Abstract

Oral administration of the amino acid/inhibitory neurotransmitter gamma aminobutyric acid (GABA) reportedly elevates resting serum growth hormone (GH) concentrations.
PURPOSE:

To test the hypothesis that GABA ingestion stimulates immunoreactive GH (irGH) and immunofunctional GH (ifGH) release at rest and that GABA augments the resistance exercise-induced irGH/ifGH responses.
METHODS:

Eleven resistance-trained men (18-30 yr) participated in this randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, crossover study. During each experimental bout, participants ingested either 3 g of GABA or sucrose placebo (P), followed either by resting or resistance exercise sessions. Fasting venous blood samples were acquired immediately before and at 15, 30, 45, 60, 75, and 90 min after GABA or P ingestion and were assayed for irGH and ifGH.
RESULTS:

At rest, GABA ingestion elevated both irGH and ifGH compared with placebo. Specifically, peak concentrations of both hormones were elevated by about 400%, and the area under the curve (AUC) was elevated by about 375% (P < 0.05). Resistance exercise (EX-P) elevated time-point (15-60 min) irGH and ifGH concentrations compared with rest (P < 0.05). The combination of GABA and resistance exercise (EX-GABA) also elevated the peak, AUC, and the 15- to 60-min time-point irGH and ifGH responses compared with resting conditions (P < 0.05). Additionally, 200% greater irGH (P < 0.01) and 175% greater ifGH (P < 0.05) concentrations were observed in the EX-GABA than in the EX-P condition, 30 min after ingestion. GABA ingestion did not alter the irGH to ifGH ratio, and, under all conditions, ifGH represented approximately 50% of irGH.
CONCLUSIONS:

Our data indicate that ingested GABA elevates resting and postexercise irGH and ifGH concentrations. The extent to which irGH/ifGH secretion contributes to skeletal muscle hypertrophy is unknown, although augmenting the postexercise irGH/ifGH response may improve resistance training-induced muscular adaptations.

Strength athletes who take 3 grams of the GABA supplement [structural formula below] thereby quadruple their release of growth hormone during and after training. Sports scientists at Shenendoah University discovered this through a test on 11 men of 23 years on average, who were already training with weights before the test started.

GABA - in full: gamma-aminobutyric acid - is a neurotransmitter that you mainly find in the brain. The body makes the connection from glutamate. GABA plays a role in relaxation. Sedatives and sleeping agents such as benzodiazepines and barbiturates work via the same receptor as GABA. GABA is on the market as a supplement, but you have to take quite a lot of GABA to notice it. The brain has difficulty absorbing GABA from the blood.

GABA stimulates the release of growth hormone by the brain. Strength training does that too. The researchers wondered what would happen if you did both. Will the release of growth hormone increase even more?

The researchers got their test subjects to train the main muscle groups in their body with chest-press, lat-pulldown, flies, seated-row, shoulder-press, biceps-curl, triceps-extension, leg-press, leg-curl, leg- extension and the calf raise. The subjects trained with 70 percent of the weight with which they could just make 1 rep, did 1 set of each exercise and rested for 1 minute between sets. The training lasted fifteen minutes.

On one occasion the subjects took 4 caps of GABA-750 [with 750 mg GABA in each cap] just before they started training, the other time caps without active substance. The researchers repeated the procedure while the subjects were resting. Even if the men do not train, the GABA supplement increased their GH level.

http://www.ergogenics.org/2005/gabaghtr.gif

The figure above relates to immunoreactive GH. That is the fraction of the growth hormone that is biologically active.

The researchers monitored the blood of the test subjects for an hour and a half. Below you can see how many active GH the test subjects created during that period in total.

http://www.ergogenics.org/2005/gabaghtr2.gif

GABA increases the total amount of growth hormone that the subjects created during their training by 480 percent. The researchers do not know whether strength athletes will lose fat or build up more muscle tissue faster in the longer term.

animal23
10-17-2019, 08:53 AM
This is why I use gaba before bed,, the stuff is amazing!

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/61mxxNxmLDL._SY355_.jpg

GABA quadruples release of growth hormone after training (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18091016) (Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2008 Jan; 40 (1): 104-10.)

Powers ME (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=Powers%20ME%5BAuthor%5D&cauthor=true&cauthor_uid=18091016)1, Yarrow JF (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=Yarrow%20JF%5BAuthor%5D&cauthor=true&cauthor_uid=18091016), McCoy SC (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=McCoy%20SC%5BAuthor%5D&cauthor=true&cauthor_uid=18091016), Borst SE (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=Borst%20SE%5BAuthor%5D&cauthor=true&cauthor_uid=18091016).
Author information (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18091016#)

1Division of Athletic Training, Shenendoah University, Winchester, VA 22601, USA. [email protected]

Abstract

Oral administration of the amino acid/inhibitory neurotransmitter gamma aminobutyric acid (GABA) reportedly elevates resting serum growth hormone (GH) concentrations.
PURPOSE:

To test the hypothesis that GABA ingestion stimulates immunoreactive GH (irGH) and immunofunctional GH (ifGH) release at rest and that GABA augments the resistance exercise-induced irGH/ifGH responses.
METHODS:

Eleven resistance-trained men (18-30 yr) participated in this randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, crossover study. During each experimental bout, participants ingested either 3 g of GABA or sucrose placebo (P), followed either by resting or resistance exercise sessions. Fasting venous blood samples were acquired immediately before and at 15, 30, 45, 60, 75, and 90 min after GABA or P ingestion and were assayed for irGH and ifGH.
RESULTS:

At rest, GABA ingestion elevated both irGH and ifGH compared with placebo. Specifically, peak concentrations of both hormones were elevated by about 400%, and the area under the curve (AUC) was elevated by about 375% (P < 0.05). Resistance exercise (EX-P) elevated time-point (15-60 min) irGH and ifGH concentrations compared with rest (P < 0.05). The combination of GABA and resistance exercise (EX-GABA) also elevated the peak, AUC, and the 15- to 60-min time-point irGH and ifGH responses compared with resting conditions (P < 0.05). Additionally, 200% greater irGH (P < 0.01) and 175% greater ifGH (P < 0.05) concentrations were observed in the EX-GABA than in the EX-P condition, 30 min after ingestion. GABA ingestion did not alter the irGH to ifGH ratio, and, under all conditions, ifGH represented approximately 50% of irGH.
CONCLUSIONS:

Our data indicate that ingested GABA elevates resting and postexercise irGH and ifGH concentrations. The extent to which irGH/ifGH secretion contributes to skeletal muscle hypertrophy is unknown, although augmenting the postexercise irGH/ifGH response may improve resistance training-induced muscular adaptations.

Strength athletes who take 3 grams of the GABA supplement [structural formula below] thereby quadruple their release of growth hormone during and after training. Sports scientists at Shenendoah University discovered this through a test on 11 men of 23 years on average, who were already training with weights before the test started.

GABA - in full: gamma-aminobutyric acid - is a neurotransmitter that you mainly find in the brain. The body makes the connection from glutamate. GABA plays a role in relaxation. Sedatives and sleeping agents such as benzodiazepines and barbiturates work via the same receptor as GABA. GABA is on the market as a supplement, but you have to take quite a lot of GABA to notice it. The brain has difficulty absorbing GABA from the blood.

GABA stimulates the release of growth hormone by the brain. Strength training does that too. The researchers wondered what would happen if you did both. Will the release of growth hormone increase even more?

The researchers got their test subjects to train the main muscle groups in their body with chest-press, lat-pulldown, flies, seated-row, shoulder-press, biceps-curl, triceps-extension, leg-press, leg-curl, leg- extension and the calf raise. The subjects trained with 70 percent of the weight with which they could just make 1 rep, did 1 set of each exercise and rested for 1 minute between sets. The training lasted fifteen minutes.

On one occasion the subjects took 4 caps of GABA-750 [with 750 mg GABA in each cap] just before they started training, the other time caps without active substance. The researchers repeated the procedure while the subjects were resting. Even if the men do not train, the GABA supplement increased their GH level.

http://www.ergogenics.org/2005/gabaghtr.gif

The figure above relates to immunoreactive GH. That is the fraction of the growth hormone that is biologically active.

The researchers monitored the blood of the test subjects for an hour and a half. Below you can see how many active GH the test subjects created during that period in total.

http://www.ergogenics.org/2005/gabaghtr2.gif

GABA increases the total amount of growth hormone that the subjects created during their training by 480 percent. The researchers do not know whether strength athletes will lose fat or build up more muscle tissue faster in the longer term.

How much do you take?

Vision
10-17-2019, 12:38 PM
How much do you take?

I don't use as much as they have in the study here I only use about 750... but there is days were I'm taking three times that amount but I'm breaking it up throughout the day I use this for the relaxation factor..

americanbulldogg
10-17-2019, 01:02 PM
Great info as usual Vision!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dinky2
10-17-2019, 01:36 PM
Awesome article mate�� But been banned in Australia surprisingly hahaha

2Pack_Sugar
10-17-2019, 02:15 PM

That sucks. Do you know why? GABA is great for sleep. The fact that it releases GH is a great added bonus.

2Pack

animal23
10-17-2019, 08:37 PM
I don't use as much as they have in the study here I only use about 750... but there is days were I'm taking three times that amount but I'm breaking it up throughout the day I use this for the relaxation factor..

I just ordered 2 bottles. Does it make you tired when you take it throughout the day?

Vision
10-17-2019, 08:53 PM
I just ordered 2 bottles. Does it make you tired when you take it throughout the day?

It can but it can't.. if you take too much it could make you very relaxed wear you could take a nap if you wanted to..but it doesn't make you tired to the point where you can't perform.. you can break up the recommended dosage and half in the daytime just to have that calm collective feeling.. personally I like it at night time because that's when everything funnels down into one channel in my brain when I'm trying to turn everything off.. it is such an underestimated supplement..

animal23
10-17-2019, 09:01 PM
It can but it can't.. if you take too much it could make you very relaxed wear you could take a nap if you wanted to..but it doesn't make you tired to the point where you can't perform.. you can break up the recommended dosage and half in the daytime just to have that calm collective feeling.. personally I like it at night time because that's when everything funnels down into one channel in my brain when I'm trying to turn everything off.. it is such an underestimated supplement..

I'm going to try the 3g

I am using boron and when I pulled bloods 2 weeks ago, my free test was high. I was only using test, so I believe boron works

Mattymoo
10-17-2019, 09:21 PM
Would grapefruit juice make it work better?

Dyers Eve
10-17-2019, 11:11 PM
If this were true EVERYONE would have known about this by now, and every bodybuilder in the world would be using it. 4x as much GH release? Why even use HGH then? I call complete bullshit on this study.
Stop fking believing everything that you read.

Vision
10-18-2019, 12:10 AM
If this were true EVERYONE would have known about this by now, and every bodybuilder in the world would be using it. 4x as much GH release? Why even use HGH then? I call complete bullshit on this study.

Well don't you sound silly because a lot of people that are well-rounded on the grind and know a thing about a thing or two at some point have incorporated Gaba in their routines or they are just well advised about it, because of its properties, maybe you want to do some research, because the cocktail with HGH, Gaba, and melatonin before bed is actually pretty famous.. there is a shit ton of articles out there to support the very importance of Gaba and bodybuilding.. you goofy gander..

Vision
10-18-2019, 12:12 AM
Would grapefruit juice make it work better?

That would be a good question because grapefruit juice doesn't always have the same effect with everything. On paper we would assume it would, an example I thought it would affect *****, but it has absolutely no effects at all.
It would be interesting to know..

thebear
10-18-2019, 12:41 AM
Used it for a while. Found it made me drowsy at night which was good. The longer I took it imo felt I needed more and more to get same effect so I stopped.

I feel it’s an on:off type of supplement [emoji1303]

I am a part time Proctologist and full time Gynecologist [emoji199]

scorp
10-18-2019, 02:47 AM

GABA isn’t banned in Australia, you can buy it from bulk nutrients?

Vision
10-18-2019, 03:14 AM

Something always thinking about why don't you prove that it doesn't exist.. stead of coming on here dismantling and discrediting something, at least others gave their feedback using it as well as a very good article regarding it. Why don't you give some feedback with something that can truly support that it doesn't have this effect?

animal23
10-18-2019, 01:35 PM
And I'm sure most people don't believe boron raises free test. I have bloods to back it up

Vision
10-18-2019, 02:12 PM
And I'm sure most people don't believe boron raises free test. I have bloods to back it up

That's another good example.. very very good analogy to support this..

animal23
10-18-2019, 02:29 PM
6mg am and pm

Vision
10-18-2019, 06:56 PM
6mg am and pm

And using that with DHEA is absolutely great for cortisol levels..

Mattymoo
10-19-2019, 12:00 AM
I just bought some off ebay in powder form
I get it next week
I will take it 1 hour before workout and before bed and see if i notice any difference
Im not taking hgh but i assume from study done it should increase my own

Vision
10-19-2019, 12:11 AM
I just bought some off ebay in powder form
I get it next week
I will take it 1 hour before workout and before bed and see if i notice any difference
Im not taking hgh but i assume from study done it should increase my own

you would have to pull bloods to really see if you're getting the effects but I can promise you right now it's extremely beneficial before bed..

Mattymoo
10-19-2019, 02:05 AM
Just came off Tren so lets see if my sleep improves

Themaskedrider
10-19-2019, 06:02 AM
Word I’m going to try it just for sleeping

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jayboy
10-19-2019, 11:45 AM
I took between 2-3grams of it in all in one go/night. Never again, I was so fucking sick. Worst night of my life.

Mattymoo
10-19-2019, 12:03 PM
How did it make me you sick
What symptoms did you have

itsBoogie
10-19-2019, 12:57 PM
I just ordered 2 bottles. Does it make you tired when you take it throughout the day?10. Dollars for 100 on Amazon...I'm going to give a shot also!!

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Vision
10-19-2019, 02:19 PM
Word I’m going to try it just for sleeping

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Thats all I use it for JUST sleep.. you may not feel the effcts physically some people do and some dont, but what most people all have in common is they report better and more DEEP sleep.. try the cocktail with melatonin.. I know mel can be junk and crappy for people, but the cocktail with one an other makes it a whole different sleep.. it comes damn near my script sleep meds when it pertains to deep sleep!

Vision
10-19-2019, 02:24 PM
I took between 2-3grams of it in all in one go/night. Never again, I was so fucking sick. Worst night of my life.
when you mega dose try starting low and work your way up..

Vision
10-19-2019, 02:25 PM
heres a basic read on one guys experience using it..

Trying High Dose GABA and Feeling Great (https://www.cernovich.com/gaba-anxiety-depression-sleep-relaxation/)

animal23
10-19-2019, 03:49 PM
Pipingrock is the cheapest. I think there stuff is good. That's the brand of boron I use

Vision
10-19-2019, 04:17 PM
Pipingrock is the cheapest. I think there stuff is good. That's the brand of boron I use
Boron is so underestimated.. I was using it back before my TRT, back in the early 2000's.. Boron with chrysin with DHEA.. great combo..

Dinky2
10-19-2019, 06:29 PM
Hey Mattymoo gd luck with the GABA sounds sweet but read it illegal in Aus so didn’t think we could get through customs?
please let me know how you go :)

Mattymoo
10-19-2019, 08:45 PM
Dinky2 yes, will let you know
Cheers

animal23
10-21-2019, 07:11 AM
Vision, taking 3g before a workout make me tired?

Vision
10-21-2019, 02:48 PM
Vision, taking 3g before a workout make me tired?

yes I can guarantee it would probably make you tired therefore what I would do is experiment with it before bed this way in case you do get tired you can easily pass right out and it won't affect your day.. then what you can do the following day is experiment and find a dosage that works for you, I would cut that dosage in half, and see how you feel and slowly work your way up...
Because for myself I take 750 mgs and it puts me in a nice calm relaxed state.. much similar to that of a benzo but without the benzo effect.

animal23
10-21-2019, 04:01 PM
yes I can guarantee it would probably make you tired therefore what I would do is experiment with it before bed this way in case you do get tired you can easily pass right out and it won't affect your day.. then what you can do the following day is experiment and find a dosage that works for you, I would cut that dosage in half, and see how you feel and slowly work your way up...
Because for myself I take 750 mgs and it puts me in a nice calm relaxed state.. much similar to that of a benzo but without the benzo effect.

Sounds good to me. I need to work up to 3g lol

jayboy
10-22-2019, 04:41 AM
How did it make me you sick
What symptoms did you have

Hot flushes, flu like symptoms. Bad temperature. Weird thing is I was really cold like shivering. Felt like I needed vommit every 10mins.

Mattymoo
10-22-2019, 06:06 AM
I will try 3mg spread over the day
Morning noon and night

Mattymoo
10-22-2019, 06:07 AM
Wow thats terrible sides

gravy
10-22-2019, 11:40 AM
Hot flushes, flu like symptoms. Bad temperature. Weird thing is I was really cold like shivering. Felt like I needed vommit every 10mins.

Same thing happens to me. Gotta build up to a high dose like this

LittleFella
11-09-2019, 08:26 AM
This might sound weird but I don't like the way GABA makes the tops of my feet and shins feel.

Mattymoo
11-09-2019, 08:52 AM
I tried it in the day but it made me extremely tired.
I only have it at night and i sleep like a baby..
It works better than melatonin for me.

JohnMcc
11-12-2019, 01:51 PM
I never used it during training but a few years back I used a sleep product that had a hefty dose of GABA and my sleep quality was amazing. To be honest I forgot about this stuff until seeing this, I will grab a bottle today actually. Thanks Vision

Mattymoo
11-12-2019, 02:01 PM
Yesterday i was lazy and took a heaped scoop of Gaba instead of flat scoop.
10 minutes later i layed in bed and i was gasping for air like i was struggling breathing.
It lasted like 2 minutes then all good with breathing.

meatneck71
11-14-2019, 06:25 AM
If trying a new supplement for the first time, don't take a mega dose when you don't know how you'd react to it! Take the suggested and then work your way up to the dose. Whenever you affect your gaba receptors, it's gonna make you tired or relaxed. Some people are just really wound up and feel normal whereas the rest are normal and gonna end up super tired or drowsy.

Phr1
11-17-2019, 05:21 AM
GABA isn't banned in Australia as in Gamma Aminobutyric Acid. You can buy it on most vitamin and supplement stores with a .com.au? You might be thinking of Phenibut?

Riggs
02-11-2020, 08:24 AM
Any updates on using this being used for an extended period of time? As a sleep aid or used post workout?

This published medical journal from 2008 (11yrs ago) IMO is where all the claims you see on GABA boosting GH originate.....the question is how does this apply to our application in BB'ng when taken post workout. Does it improve recovery or muscle growth. This article is the only substantiating evidence I can find. I have also read that users build a tolerance to GABA and the results are short lived but the source was not one I'd stand on or even take time to reference.

Growth hormone isoform responses to GABA ingestion at rest and after exercise. - PubMed - NCBI (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/18091016/)

Med Sci Sports Exerc.*2008 Jan;40(1):104-10.

Powers ME1,*Yarrow JF,*McCoy SC,*Borst SE.

Author information

Abstract

PURPOSE:

METHODS:

RESULTS:

CONCLUSIONS:

PMID:

=============================

I know my share about OTC's and run my share just remember even with Rx (the other word is restricted) there's no guarantee's and definitely not with OTC's. You can all have the same OTC protocol but all be running different purities and concentrations. I laugh to myself everytime I here someone say "I guarantee you take this OTC and 'this' will happen."

I've spent a good part of my lifetime researching OTC's and I only have a handful that I take now that have proven to work well for "me."

IMO and personal experience OTC's are a rabbit hole. When you add this then you need to add this, once you add that well you're being smart so adding these two is even smarter, and once you've added those 8 then hey it's now you're "thing" and money spent on OTC's is what you do and before long you've got an entire cabinet full of things that you never took before. And yes in all things moderation but I feel as tho I'm speaking to individuals who have access to ugl's therefore don't get too wrapped up in the OTC thing. Yes some work, yes I take some, but never confuse them with the products we have access to.

For example.....Calcium D Glucurate, combined with Inositol/Choline, combined with (not I3C) but rather DIM (Diindolylmethane) is great to help shed bad estrogen and keep it from being re absorbed in to the body but I like Aromasin better...it's much cheaper and addresses the issue at the source. 60 Asin caps cost me @ $40 and last me 15 - 20 weeks.....one bottle of quality DIM is $30 and CDG is $30 as well and both will last a month.

There are however OTC's that are formulated to help with general health markers and those are for a different conversation. I'm really speaking more to supps that can be used for BB'ng or claim to be beneficial to BB'rs.

This conversation can go on for days on end if not yrs but I gotta share this, for @ 3 yrs after my 1st spine surgery, I went above table and did the OTC route. I did what I do in the AAS game and studied and read til my eyes bled. I told myself that with all the new data, my ability and desire to acquire that data and ability to apply that knowledge to my life I would be able to get back to where I once was or at least close. I was able to keep a good physique with very little obvious physical effects of male menopause. My free T levels were elevated, I had a strong libido, and mood was great but struggled to build any significant lean muscle mass. Elevated free T didn't keep the women looking my way. I was not able to maintain the physique I've always loved. You wanna keep the Dad bod at bay and stay lean then a good diet, training regimen and OTC protocol will do you good. You wanna be built like you're 25, keep 3D delts, stay vascular asf, hard as granite and keep a high chest (us 40 yr old's can relate to the last one)....let's just say look like a BB'r.....unless you hit the genetic lottery well its ugl's.

A comment of "take this and I guarantee this will happen" is what sparked my rant. Sorry guys not arguing a point or disagreeing with anyone really just making conversation.

Mattymoo
02-11-2020, 08:35 AM
Im only using it as a sleep aid when i come off Nightshift and need a daysleep.
I havent had to adjust dosage and im taking it 3 times a week.
I respond to it better than melatonin

bigdaddy6900
02-11-2020, 01:13 PM
Dosent it make you tired ??

Dallas009
02-11-2020, 04:14 PM
Same thing happens to me I bought from bulk nutrients and it give me shortness of breath and hot flushes with tingling sensation on my face and neck a bit like beta alanine does. In saying that it really helps with sleep - I take 5g with magnesium and I’m off to deep sleep and awake refreshed. I should note that I have trouble with insomnia so this shit works for that

Yesterday i was lazy and took a heaped scoop of Gaba instead of flat scoop.
10 minutes later i layed in bed and i was gasping for air like i was struggling breathing.
It lasted like 2 minutes then all good with breathing.

BigTonetheGuido
02-12-2020, 05:47 PM
Those numbers are shockingly high!!! I definitely need to buy me some gaba. I used to use it for sleep and it helped a little when mixed with melatonin but didn't know it could increase gh by that much. Simply amazing. I am a big fan of hexeralin/modgrf pre-workout. That stuff is intense. I mean you can literally feel the gh pulse. But, for price, safety, and more regular use. I may have to work gaba into my supplementation regimen. Great article!!!