PDA

View Full Version : Training question.

bulldogger
10-31-2019, 02:53 AM
Ok there is a long story, but i was really into bodybuilding back in the early mid 1990s. Got into college sports were weights were not as important and with travel the diet totally went to hell. After that i got a sit on my ass job so suffice to say i was close to 400lbs when teh doctor told me to lose weight. I have been back to the gym now and have body fat under 16% and weight under 300lbs.

I just started TRT in February. At first i was treated with clomiid 50mg3x week for like 5 years before i restarted the weights for fertility reasons. Sadly the baby never came about. The doc said I was on the clomid longer than i liked so he put me on test c. At first it was 150mg every 10 days and now its 200mg every 7 days. He also prescribes 1mg arimidex everyday but i have found i have estrogen under 7 or un readable with that so I changed it to 1mg 3x per week and it still was low then i went to .5mg 3x per week and seems to have me under or just over that 20 range i was todl you want to be in

Anyway back when i was in my 20s as a total natural i made good gains with muscle media 2k bench program and also used Dorian Yates styel heavy duty i read about in the book blood and guts. Well now that I am on gear I am wondering how my training might need to change.

To give an idea msot excercises i do 2 warm ups for the first set of a bodypart and then one heavy set. Depending on the bodypart. For chest i do 4 excercises, back is 5 or 6 ( counting deadlift) shoulders is 4 excercises and bis and tris are both three. Now like i said one set is always to either positivie failure or where the spotter has to rack the weight for me. Just wondering if anyone had thoughts on that training or something i might try. I go three days a week and has not been practical for me to go more. Diet is on point as far as gaining muscle. I reallly do not want to compete and eat junk when i like but moderation of course. I dont drink booze exept the rare beer and no other drugs.

I have noticed that flat benching hurts my shoulder so i have not flat benched in almost 2 years. I do a decline or flat dumbbell benches. I do not know what its called but its a very slight decline that some do crunches on. I put that in the power rack and do benches with that. The angle seems clsoer to a flat bench than the decline bench. I am not a big "supplement" guy yet. Like i said my trt is 200mg every 7 days and my current blast will have me at 500-600mg sust a week in addition to trt. I plan on trying eq and deca in the future and probably dianabol or winstrol. If i do decide i want to compete of course i would also check into masteron and the like. Tren seems to make many people nervous but i must say I figure at least one cycle i might try it.

I will give a chest example just so people can see the weights and dont pick on me i could barely do 4 reps of 185 on a bench flat when i started.

Decline
8x135
6x205
8x305

hammer strength ( some call it leverage incline)
8x225
8x315

modified bench press slight decline
8x205
7x290

flat fly
10x40
10x50
10x60

bigpapapumpaf
11-05-2019, 12:29 PM
I'm not sure what the question is here but taking that much armidex is going to make your joints sore by reducing your estrogen to nothing, as you found out. You need estrogen in your body to grow and to maintain joint health. I'd drop to 2x week and let your estrogen come back up.

Don't let the weights fool you. I rarely if ever go any heavier than 2 plates and I'm still the biggest guy in the gym.

BPP

Pcushion
11-12-2019, 06:38 PM
I'm not sure what the question is here but taking that much armidex is going to make your joints sore by reducing your estrogen to nothing, as you found out. You need estrogen in your body to grow and to maintain joint health. I'd drop to 2x week and let your estrogen come back up.

Don't let the weights fool you. I rarely if ever go any heavier than 2 plates and I'm still the biggest guy in the gym.

BPP

His doctor must have a brother in the ortho field prescribing that much adex. Truth be told I dropped the AI along time ago. I run Torem now. Better gains and better lipid values. If I am not running Torem it’s just masteron.

LowT
11-27-2019, 10:51 PM
Like mentioned, that's too much adex and I agree with bigpap on the twice a week. I'd add 2-5 sets most on that chest routine. Not sure about the machines you're using but Hammer Strength is as good as it gets. I prefer incline hammer, flat dumbell, flat db fly, and machine fly. Don't do much decline but work incline like hell.
And, double or triple check your diet. Most important ingredient to training. Amount of Sustanon is good. I don't think there's an issue there.

thebear
11-27-2019, 11:02 PM
Take 100mg test every Monday and Thursday

1mg adex is WAY TO much for that dose. I personally hate adex and prefer asin. But also on 20g of Test I would assume you with either need no AI, or 12.5 mg asin a wk or .25-.5 adex a wk MAX!