PDA

View Full Version : Inner elbow pain

Honk
12-14-2019, 04:46 AM
Hi all I have for a long time now had an inner elbow pain deep hurts like hell. If I work out moderate and dont push it seems to be okay but everytime I push hard it flairs up.

It comes from anything heavy yesterday doing bench everything good until the end could not straighten arm without pain. Today anything hurt trying shoulder press 30s to heavy to lift. In the end just stopped as raising arms hurt or picking up a cup of coffee was hard.

47 years old so pushing on a bit, not taking anything other than a multi stack similar to animal pack.

Ideas on meds or healing

Thanks

Zomb131
12-14-2019, 07:38 AM
You'll have to be specific on where you mean by "inner elbow." I assume you're talking about medial epicondylitis (golfer's elbow).

LASB
12-14-2019, 07:47 AM
You'll have to be specific on where you mean by "inner elbow." I assume you're talking about medial epicondylitis (golfer's elbow).

Google golfers elbow... I'm suffering from tennis elbow and it's a real game changer for something that seemed so minor at the time.

Honk
12-14-2019, 03:54 PM
Lifters elbow is what I've heard it called if you put your finger on the inside joint of the elbow and push down it's there. Not the outside of the elbow. If you flex the bicep instant pain in that elbow area.

Frome
12-14-2019, 04:00 PM
Hi all I have for a long time now had an inner elbow pain deep hurts like hell. If I work out moderate and dont push it seems to be okay but everytime I push hard it flairs up.

It comes from anything heavy yesterday doing bench everything good until the end could not straighten arm without pain. Today anything hurt trying shoulder press 30s to heavy to lift. In the end just stopped as raising arms hurt or picking up a cup of coffee was hard.

47 years old so pushing on a bit, not taking anything other than a multi stack similar to animal pack.

Ideas on meds or healing

Thanks

I have the exact same thing. I grabbed a compression sleeve on amazon that has really helped. The brand was Venom, highly recommended. Deca has been gold as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zomb131
12-14-2019, 04:18 PM
Google golfers elbow... I'm suffering from tennis elbow and it's a real game changer for something that seemed so minor at the time.

That's lateral epicondylitis. Typically an issues with the extensors in the forearm or more specifically the anconeus muscle.

Lifters elbow is what I've heard it called if you put your finger on the inside joint of the elbow and push down it's there. Not the outside of the elbow. If you flex the bicep instant pain in that elbow area.

Medial epi = golfers elbow, "lifters elbow" is a broscience term, I assume because they think golfers elbow is weak sounding. Regardless medial (golfers) or lateral (tennis) epi, treatment is the same. Any doc, including myself, will tell you that you need to rest, ice, and avoid activity that provocates pain. If that's not possible then you can try a bunch of things, I know you won't, but i'm bored so I'll list them out anyway.

- Stretch the flexor muscles of the forearm. Do so 3-4x/day and hold the stretches for 1 min each. Yes, do it bilaterally (both arms).
- IASTM, try to avoid the ulnar never, you'll be in the area. Get some Rocksauce (menthol + capsaicin emollient) apply it to the area prior to treatment. The red bottle is amazing.
- Voodoo floss
- DMSO, once absorbed it turns into MSM and helps with inflammation locally.
- Ice
- Class 4 laser (Chiro or DPT office)
- Shockwave (Chiro or DPT office)

Tendonitis takes time and effort to resolve. I know that's nothing anyone wants to hear. Once I develop tendonitis it lingers for MONTHS. I'm sure someone will jump in and say BPC + TB500. That stuff is bullshit IMO. Never had success with that over priced garbage.

Mikeyz206
12-14-2019, 04:59 PM
Like Frome said deca is his choice works well. My choice is similar (npp 100) eod. Kicks in faster for me. I like to hit the hot tub or hot bath and stretch real good. Put ben gay or flex all 54 or bio freeze, cryoderm on your elbo and I can work through the pain. Seems to go away after a good work out. Wish you the best of luck.

Honk
12-14-2019, 06:22 PM
Thanks for all the input will start on this. I have booked massage therapy also working on the arms. Time to also slow down I use compression sleeves which does help but once done it's done.

Biggaintime
12-16-2019, 03:46 AM
I think just tendonitis...wrap it up tight and avoid certain angles. You may even have to sleep a certain way rather be your elbow bent or arm straight whatever is more comfortable. Huge difference. Your talking 8 hours just in sleep alone. My left felt better straight. But my right was better bent. Both of them were a little bit different my right was outer and my left was inner. I hate to scare you but it could take a year...or maybe just a few months. Then one day for no particular reason at all it will just simply be gone. The exercises that hurt the most are the ones you're going to have to stay away from trust me.

Biggaintime
12-16-2019, 03:47 AM
On my left I didn't train biceps for one year..sucked

teej750
12-19-2019, 05:16 AM
Also a doctor and have used TB AND BPC and it's absolutely not bullshit. Obviously RICE is the mainstay but even with that bad tendonitis can take a while to heal.

I think the peptides are amazing and nearly worked miracles for me. Works better if taking some MSM, glucosamine/chondroitin. One is the tool the other is the material.

Obviously peptide quality varies from source to source but I have a torn meniscus that clicked and popped for years. It didnt inhibit me much. Just occasionally. It literally went away. So did my tennis elbow.

I Tried everything you can mention for my elbow, even PRP and local steroids. But TB and BPC healed it. Ultimately it came back after stopping it. But that's the nature of overuse syndromes. You let them heal but when it does you then continue to overuse it and it comes back. Takes strict maintenance therapy and avoiding certain movements to avoid it if your lifting heavy..... and most of us are stubborn and wanna lift heavy ass weight.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk