PDA

View Full Version : Massive Muscle Shake

darksidefitness
11-22-2012, 12:20 AM
Massive Muscle Shake This apple-yogurt shake will give your muscles the building blocks they need to balloon up bigger than a Hollywood ego.

By Matthew Kadey, MS, RD

Ingredients:
1 cup low-fat (1%) milk

Aside from being a stellar protein, milk is a rare food source of vitamin D. Low levels of vitamin D have been linked to increased fat infiltration into muscles, which saps their strength. Less strength translates into lackluster training sessions and subsequently an absence of sleeve-busting pipes.

1/2 cup low-fat, plain Greek yogurt

Deliciously creamy Greek-style yogurt contains nearly twice as much muscle-friendly dairy protein as traditional yogurts, making it a worthwhile splurge.

1 unpeeled apple, chopped

An apple a day may keep muscle loss at bay. Researchers at the University of Iowa (Iowa City) discovered apple peel is a source of ursolic acid, a compound that may promote muscular growth by increasing the effects of a key muscle-building hormone called insulin-like growth factor 1.

1 scoop whey protein isolate

Whey is chock-full of leucine, an amino acid that plays an important role in stimulating muscle growth following training, according to scientists at McMaster University (Hamilton, Ontario).
Nutritional Information: *Serves one
Calories: 398
Protein: 50 g
Carbs: 48 g
Fat: 3 g

darksidefitness
11-24-2012, 12:23 AM
This one sound good. Probably mango Protein and Greek strawberry for a super Tropical Power Shake.

PAiN
11-26-2012, 10:27 PM
Great shake bro. I have never put apples in my shakes. Good to know thanks.

bgchiz
11-27-2012, 12:40 AM
looks good

darksidefitness
11-27-2012, 07:14 PM
Maybe a banana or blue berries will work better than an apple. At least for me.

Great shake bro. I have never put apples in my shakes. Good to know thanks.

STONE 69
11-27-2012, 08:05 PM
Maybe a banana or blue berries will work better than an apple. At least for me.

ea i think so to but def going to try the apples.It would be dif.And does sound good

rmkicks
11-27-2012, 08:30 PM
gonna give it a try..

bhcolex50x
11-27-2012, 11:21 PM
gonna try this :) strawberry protein apples and maybe half a banana with a quarter large naval orange :)

darksidefitness
11-28-2012, 03:40 AM
Good deal. Let me know how it works for you. Taste, consistency, etc...

ea i think so to but def going to try the apples.It would be dif.And does sound good

darksidefitness
11-28-2012, 03:41 AM
Not sure about the orange but the strawberry banana combo sounds good.

gonna try this :) strawberry protein apples and maybe half a banana with a quarter large naval orange :)

Dath
11-28-2012, 02:17 PM
Good one, always like trying different shakes. Especially while bulking and getting to add milk rather then water.

xxd1v3r
11-28-2012, 07:47 PM
gonna have to try that this weekend

darksidefitness
11-29-2012, 12:50 AM
Good deal. Let us know about flavor and Taste!!!

gonna have to try that this weekend