PDA

View Full Version : Really got my shoulder

unforgiven
11-22-2012, 10:40 AM
It's catching and popping. At times I can't raise it without bad pain. Having to keep it tucked into my side so it's not as painful.
????????

unforgiven
11-22-2012, 10:41 AM
Oh mid to front delt in the joint, feely like anyways.

PAiN
11-23-2012, 10:30 PM
That could be a number of things bro... Did it happen while training? Or when did it occur?

If the pain is severe like you said I would head to the Doc and get some X-rays before lifting anything else.

Camzilla
11-23-2012, 10:42 PM
Hold your arm out straight in front of you . Curl you hand like your hold a can of soda.
While keeping your arm straight dump the can out (turn your arm over).
Have someone put their hand on your wrist and slightly push down while you try and raise your straightened, turned arm up against the resistance.

Pain=probable SLAP tear.

I hope its all good for you Bro.

unforgiven
12-05-2012, 03:28 AM
Well still haven't found out anything. Jumping throught hoops with insurance!!!! Waiting for MRI to get set-up.

DGAF
12-05-2012, 03:58 AM
I just had my second shoulder surgery about 4 months ago and I will tell you if u cant raise it without pain go to the doctors and get xrays and if they dont show much ask for an mri to be ordered. My xrays didnt show too much and when I got my mri it showed alot more, but not everything. My muscle mass was so great the mri couldnt make it through everything and only came up with a few things wrong but once the doctor got inside my sholder it was tore to hell, I had a complete thickness tear of the rotator cuff tendon and a slap lesion which is a torn biceps long head tendon and bone spurs, my surgery lasted 3 hours and I have 4 anchors in my shoulder and 8 nice scars all around my shoulder front to back. NOT FUN!!!! A few years ago I had the exact same surgery done on my other shoulder, so it holds true for our bodies just like vehicles, if something goes bad on one side the other side isnt far behind. I suggest getting it looked at immediately so u dont mess it up any farther and maybe you can make it out with just physical therapy instead of surgery. I let mine go for many many years and it cost me bad.

DGAF

BIGBOSS
12-06-2012, 05:14 PM
Good thing you are getting an MRI. Keep us posted on the outcome or this bro.

DGAF
12-07-2012, 02:30 AM
I would also like to know the progress and outcome of this.

DGAF

Racelife
12-07-2012, 03:00 AM
Sounds torn bro

Racelife
12-07-2012, 03:02 AM
Pushing through damaged shoulder is not helping anyone. If it tears all the way your out a year. Agree with dudes in here see a doctor. I had both mine scoped and recovery is quick - rehab is a bitch but worth the preservation. Size comes from smart body preservation. Stay healthy bruz