PDA

View Full Version : Metformin question help if ya can

teejey
01-03-2020, 09:33 PM
So I grabbed some metformin. Trying to get the most for my dollar I grabbed some 1000mg tabs thinking I could break them. Now upon closer inspection I seemed to have overlooked the detail that they are extended release tabs. My question is do you think it'd be possible to use a pill cutter to split them up or should I not mess with it since it's got the slow release coating. Lemme know what you think. Thanks.

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

thekaratekid
01-03-2020, 09:40 PM
So I grabbed some metformin. Trying to get the most for my dollar I grabbed some 1000mg tabs thinking I could break them. Now upon closer inspection I seemed to have overlooked the detail that they are extended release tabs. My question is do you think it'd be possible to use a pill cutter to split them up or should I not mess with it since it's got the slow release coating. Lemme know what you think. Thanks.

Sent from my moto g(7) play using TapatalkIf they ARE tr then splitting them in two will just make them like an instant release 500mg tab. Make sense?

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

thekaratekid
01-03-2020, 09:42 PM
If they ARE tr then splitting them in two will just make them like an instant release 500mg tab. Make sense?

Sent from my LG-H811 using TapatalkI'd split them up if I were looking to extend my dollars for sure. [emoji106]

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

teejey
01-03-2020, 11:14 PM
If they ARE tr then splitting them in two will just make them like an instant release 500mg tab. Make sense?

Sent from my LG-H811 using TapatalkYes that makes sense to me since the casing is compromised. I wasn't sure if the meds themselves were different formula. I don't think I need 1000mgs of metformin right yet lol.

Cathead
01-03-2020, 11:48 PM
What are you taking metformin for?

Mattymoo
01-04-2020, 12:25 AM
Its typically used for type 2 diabetes
Insulin related

JJ14
01-04-2020, 01:38 AM

Sent from my moto g(7) play using TapatalkThe ER 1000mg should have a score line on them so if you wanted to you could cut them in half but by cutting them does nothing to release time. I takes time to build up. Everybody is different so u might absorb quicker than others. With the ER ones you can take up to 2000mg a day. Not sure what your dosing schedule is but I would take them with meals morning and dinner cause I'm pretty sure half life is like 7 hours.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Zanqueta
01-04-2020, 01:20 PM
just be careful to use if you are in a bulk because it increases ampk and decreases mTor release

BombdotCom
01-08-2020, 09:37 AM
I lost my appetites for the first time in my life when I started using metformin...becareful

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

teejey
01-08-2020, 09:39 AM
What are you taking metformin for?Fasted bg is getting high.

BombdotCom
01-08-2020, 09:41 AM
Fasted bg is getting high.

Sent from my moto g(7) play using TapatalkMine too ain't it a bitch?

teejey
01-08-2020, 10:09 AM
Mine too ain't it a bitch?

Sent from my SM-G960U using TapatalkAre you running gh?

Mr.Beefy
01-08-2020, 10:35 AM
Best not to split them. If you split those pills you mess with the coating. You will have have issues by doing so...bad case of runs and possibly abdominal pain. I did it once, took half of a 500mg tab.

BombdotCom
01-08-2020, 01:14 PM
Are you running gh?

Sent from my moto g(7) play using TapatalkYes, mines been borderline without it.