PDA

View Full Version : PALEO BODYBUILDING LIFESTYLE!!

maxmuscle1
01-05-2020, 03:52 PM
PALEO BODYBUILDER by MAX NERD:

In order to follow the Paleo Diet Lifestyle, here are the foods that are Paleo approved:
* Meat* –*steak, ham, pork, bison, boar.
* Organs – liver, kidneys, heart.
* Marrows – seeing a theme here? Eat ALL parts of the animal!
* Fowl –*chicken, duck, hen, turkey…things with wings that (try to) fly.
* Fish –*cod, tuna, salmon, and so on.
* Eggs –*Look for omega-3 enriched cage-free eggs.
* Vegetables – spinach, broccoli, kale, carrots, peppers, zucchini, onions, etc.
* Oils –*minimally processed, derived from plants: olive oil, coconut oil, avocado oil.
* Fats: ghee, lard, or other animal fats.
* Fruits – apples, pears, bananas, grapes, strawberries.
* Nuts – almonds, walnuts, cashews, and their respective butters (almond butter is so good!)
* Tubers –*SWEET POTATOES* and yams.
* Herbs/Spices

You’re only eating meat, fish, veggies, fruits, and nuts.*These are foods that are full of nutrients, will make you feel full, but don’t have nearly as many calories as junk food.

*If you can, aim for grass-fed beef (antibiotic-free) and organic fruits and vegetables. But don’t go break the bank with your food purchases. Just do the best you can.*
As the Paleo Diet explains: Pick any of the foods from that list and eat as much as you want of them.
Here are some examples of Paleo-Approved Healthy Fats:
1. Avocados
2. Almond (and almond butter)
3. Fatty cuts of meat
4. Walnuts
5. Coconut oil
6. Olive oil

Every meal should have a portion of fruit and vegetables, in addition to meat (which can also be chicken – it doesn’t have to be red meat).

Foods that you’re NOT allowed to eat on the Paleo Diet:
* Grains like pasta, cereal bread, and rice
* Dairy like milk and cheese
* Candy, cookies, ice cream, and other processed foods
* Cereal grains
* Legumes (peanuts, beans, lentils, tofu)
* Refined sugar
* Processed foods
* Soda & sweetened beverages
* Refined vegetable oils
* Salt
* Artificial sweeteners

Can you eat grain? NO
The Caveman reason why: Grains require some amount of processing, and thus Cavemen would not have eaten them.

Note: That it doesn’t mention calorie counting or meal timing or macro tracking. That’s part of the popularity of this diet: eat paleo approved foods when you’re hungry, and that’s it !

The biggest issue that people run into while on the Paleo diet is that they don’t plan out their meals in advance, then they find it more difficult to get the complex carbohydrates that they need in order to keep up with higher-activity workouts

Cheating:
Something else you can do, though you may not want to if you are more of a Paleo purist, is to supplement your diet with grains like brown rice or steel-cut oats.

Cutting out Dairy and Grains is probably one of the most difficult part of the diet. It is missing a lot of popular complex carbohydrates and complete proteins sourced through dairy. My plan would be to take the 80/20 or 90/10 approach and follow the lifestyle 80 to 90% of the time and have your cheat meals just like you do in bodybuilding!!

Max

***Loren Cordain, Robb Wolf, and Michelle & Henry Tom are top experts in the Paleo lifestyle.
There are so many views on what foods are considered Paleo and I realize that there are 1000’s of experts that disagree. This is for informational purposes only.

BigSurge-
01-05-2020, 04:45 PM
Great info, Max! [emoji1688]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Mikeyz206
01-05-2020, 05:20 PM
Thanks Max! Enjoy all your reads

maxmuscle1
01-05-2020, 07:56 PM
Thanks Max! Enjoy all your reads

Yeah, it is hunting season so I figured what the Hell. I always have enjoyed parts of Paleo and Keto! Like Paleto! A combination of both, lol! I am a straight Omnivore!! I eat it all! This is appealing for people looking to cut fat or overall weight because of the missing grains and dairy.

Max
#paleto

maxmuscle1
01-05-2020, 08:18 PM
Great info, Max! [emoji1688]

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200105/4979fc02b80880286d6eb4c50ca0f710.jpgThis is how I like to buy my Eggs, Fresh from the Farm

Max
#greeneggsandham

BigSurge-
01-05-2020, 10:08 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200105/4979fc02b80880286d6eb4c50ca0f710.jpgThis is how I like to buy my Eggs, Fresh from the Farm

Max
#greeneggsandham Nice variation you got there brother!

I dont know if you eat the yolk but those that are farm fresh taste so much better and richer as well.

They say those eggs have more nutrients also. Not sure about that, but they taste fkn good!

Tauras66
01-05-2020, 11:36 PM
Been browsing through the book titled "The Paleo Cardiologist The Natural Way to Heart Health" by Dr. Jack Wolfson DO, FACC. Very interesting stuff not only on the Paleo diet but cholesterol, nutrition, medical procedures/practices to avoid, and supplements. Like you said Max, not gonna commit 100% but gonna try to maintain close to that.

maxmuscle1
01-05-2020, 11:47 PM
Been browsing through the book titled "The Paleo Cardiologist The Natural Way to Heart Health" by Dr. Jack Wolfson DO, FACC. Very interesting stuff not only on the Paleo diet but cholesterol, nutrition, medical procedures/practices to avoid, and supplements. Like you said Max, not gonna commit 100% but gonna try to maintain close to that.

Yeah, it is very interesting. I like to try new things and see how I react to them. Supplements and eating the right foods are the key to not only growth or losing fat but, helping you stay healthy during TRT or blasts. It would be nice to have my own farm! Lol

Max

maxmuscle1
01-06-2020, 05:01 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200106/6d021d08ca2f3aaad2962c61abd9b214.jpgPaleo? Lol. Buff on Kielbasa!!

Max

IRISHOAK
01-06-2020, 05:15 PM
Interesting. Ive never bothered to look at what is considered "Paleo". Apparently Ive been eating about 80-90% Paleo all along.
Most of my meals are: meat, potato, vegetable. Fruits with lunch or breakfast.
I do eat icelandic yogurt for gut health. Raw honey should be on this list too.
I occasionally eat pasta & breads but they are a very small part of my diet. I also use organic or raw milk for shakes.
Overall: meats 40% vegetables 30% fruits 10% grains(oatmeal, breads) & pastas 10% dairy 10%.

maxmuscle1
01-06-2020, 05:20 PM
Interesting. Ive never bothered to look at what is considered "Paleo". Apparently Ive been eating about 80-90% Paleo all along.
Most of my meals are: meat, potato, vegetable. Fruits with lunch or breakfast.
I do eat icelandic yogurt for gut health. Raw honey should be on this list too.
I occasionally eat pasta & breads but they are a very small part of my diet. I also use organic or raw milk for shakes.
Overall: meats 40% vegetables 30% fruits 10% grains(oatmeal, breads) & pastas 10% dairy 10%.

Yeah it is a pretty good diet actually. I eat similarly but, regular potatoes are not allowed and potatoes are by far my favorite carbohydrate; along with Rice! So I follow the traditional clean bodybuilding diet 80/20 bulking : 90:10 recomping. I have found a lot of good, new items around lately. Paleo would definitely be a good path for gluten free or Celiacs.
Edit- btw, I like your Avatar! Nice work IO!
Max

Rizkybuziness
01-06-2020, 07:21 PM
Sounds like my kind of diet, if you add the occasional cinnamon roll.

IRISHOAK
01-06-2020, 07:37 PM
Yeah it is a pretty good diet actually. I eat similarly but, regular potatoes are not allowed and potatoes are by far my favorite carbohydrate; along with Rice! So I follow the traditional clean bodybuilding diet 80/20 bulking : 90:10 recomping. I have found a lot of good, new items around lately. Paleo would definitely be a good path for gluten free or Celiacs.
Edit- btw, I like your Avatar! Nice work IO!
Max

Its easy for me to eat clean thankfully. I dont really crave bad shit. Cakes, pies, pastries, chips, sodas, fast food, none of that stuff appeals to me. If every meal could be a grilled meat with vegetables and some fruits Id be fine with that.

Thanks Max! Im not where I want to be, but not bad for a 44yo guy coming off a 3 year hiatus & injury. Its a never ending journey! Lol!

maxmuscle1
01-06-2020, 07:48 PM
Its easy for me to eat clean thankfully. I dont really crave bad shit. Cakes, pies, pastries, chips, sodas, fast food, none of that stuff appeals to me. If every meal could be a grilled meat with vegetables and some fruits Id be fine with that.

Thanks Max! Im not where I want to be, but not bad for a 44yo guy coming off a 3 year hiatus & injury. Its a never ending journey! Lol!

Love Grilling out when it is cold outside! I think I crave salt and any type of dip the most!! 7 Layer Dip, Jalapeño Popper Dip, Buffalo Chicken Dip. Your right about the journey; it is lifelong, both my parents{divorced}still hit the gym 4-5 days a week with Barbells and Dumbbells; so I cannot slack off! Lmao. I very much enjoy staying up to date on anti aging, fitness, bodybuilding, cooking, and Hot Puss! Lol.

Max

Mattymoo
01-07-2020, 12:31 AM
I just smashed down a cinnamon scroll
It was worth it

IRISHOAK
01-07-2020, 01:21 AM
I just smashed down a cinnamon scroll
It was worth it

I have a viscious metabolism. People at work hate me. When vendors gift us doughnut boxes, I eat like 5-6 of them and I stay lean. I can eat all types of "bad" foods and they just burn up. But I prefer lean meats. Im very picky, I take the fat & skin off everything. I cook bacon extra crispy & break all the fat off the meat. I usually do a whole pack of bacon but after its cooked and I take off all the fat, its like 2 ozs of lean meat from the whole lb.
People look at me funny like "what are you doing?"
Think about this though, I pull about 6 ozs of cooked bacon fat off everytime... Now add that up over a lifetime... Thats literally hundreds of lbs of fried fat that never went through my system!

Mattymoo
01-07-2020, 02:26 AM
I agree about bacon fat and also refuse to eat it
I like crispy pancetta with a salad