PDA

View Full Version : Assigned college football workout. Looking for advice on things to add and critiques plz.

Fullback40
12-04-2012, 03:44 AM
Mondays. Tuesday Thursday Fridays
Back squats 3x8 Incline bench 3x8 Power clean 3x8 Flat bench 3x8
Hang cleans 3x5 Flat DB press 3x8 Single leg squats 3x8 Incline DB press 3x8
DB box step ups 3x8 3-way shoulders 3x8 DB lunges 3x8 Push press 3x8
Pull-ups 3x8 Upright Rows 3x8 Pull-ups 3x8 Upright rows 3x8
Bent-over rows w/underhand grip 3x8 Close grip bench 3x8 DB rows wide elbow 3x8 Close grip bench press 3x8
DB shrugs 3x8 Dips 3x8 Barbell shrugs 3x8 Tricep nose busters 3x8
Bicep movement 3x8 Barbell wrist curls 3x8 Bicep movement 3x8 DB wrist curls 3x8
Calf Raises 3x25 Partner 4-way neck 3x25 Calf raises 3x25 Partner 4- way neck 3x25
Back hypers 3x15 Weighted abs 3x15 Back hypers 3x15 Weighted abs 3x15

This was assigned to us by our certified strength and conditioning coach, and its supposed to last for at least 5 weeks then im pretty sure were getting a different one.
-Im really trying to bulk up this winter, i play middle linebacker, and i would really appreciate it if u guys could give me ur thoughts on the workout and what i can add to it with out over training
Thanks guys

P.S. i have DBOL and TEST that im pretty sure im going to take here soon so if you could also tell me once i am on that what i could add to the workout to get the most out of it. Thanks!

kobeone7
12-04-2012, 08:28 PM
Not sure I would add anything to that workout...these guys are pro's and they know how to get the best results out of there workouts, and are going to pushing you to the limit...Im assuming you have a time limit to complete this workout or a limit to rest between sets, this will kick the workout into high gear and build your stamina, these guys want you going hard for at least an hour and it will go up from there.... Workouts will get harder and longer..so don't over-train, Im assuming they have you doing agilities as well ... the only thing i would suggest is if you workout in the am go back at night and hit some core exercises. Core is crucial in any sport and will definitely be an advantage on the field! Good luck bro !

Fullback40
12-04-2012, 08:50 PM
Thanks bro! and yeah me and some buddies have been doing some good core when we can, and we just started the off-season so we arnt doing every workout together as a team just because of everybody's different class schedule, and in about a week we start winter break and im not taking the optional J-term so ill be home for like a little over a month for winter break, and i want to try and get two workouts in a day, you think that would be to much? even on gear?

And also do u think i can add any extra auxiliaries for arm size? iv been powerlifting and lifting for football my whole life so i have a large chest back and legs and my arms are proportionally small, and iv been getting into bodybuilding a little bit and of course want to look good:o so if you good give me ideas for extra arm lifts i could add i would greatly appreciate it. Thanks bro

Fullback40
12-05-2012, 02:16 PM
Sup bros! just wanted to give you a little update with this workout.

I started it two days ago on Monday and...my body is DESTROYED seriously i cant walk right now and every muscle is in pain i love it! so im definitely convinced that this workout doesn't need anything added at least while im not on gear, and we didn't even use that much weight to start off the workout only like 375 for squats and 185 for cleans and 50s for the step ups through the sets and i think those were the main workouts that did the most damage.

Im still looking for some peoples opinions on what they would do with it and some critiques. Thanks!

alinshop
12-10-2012, 07:15 PM
Sup bros! just wanted to give you a little update with this workout.

I started it two days ago on Monday and...my body is DESTROYED seriously i cant walk right now and every muscle is in pain i love it! so im definitely convinced that this workout doesn't need anything added at least while im not on gear, and we didn't even use that much weight to start off the workout only like 375 for squats and 185 for cleans and 50s for the step ups through the sets and i think those were the main workouts that did the most damage.

Im still looking for some peoples opinions on what they would do with it and some critiques. Thanks!

Good deal. No pain, no gain...lol