PDA

View Full Version : Bloods?

Mr.Smith45
02-09-2020, 02:50 PM
Just had bloods done, on cruise (TRT 200 T Cyp./wk.), seeing Doc soon, getting ready for a blast. My script was due and I didn't see a message come by that it was ready so I called the Doc and nurse tells me my reads were, total test: 1010, free test: 31 and estradiol: 70. Yea, I know about the estradiol, I'm a converter, but I wanted to get a read without ai so I know what to run on blast, but then she tells me they didn't submit the script because of my free test!...almost double their range...never heard of this, usually go by total test, I said I'll have a talk with the Doc when I see him, anyone ever hear this?

jackofspades
02-09-2020, 04:51 PM
Yes, my doc looks at both free and total before moving forward. He checks every six months, and sometimes (annoyingly) does a surprise check at three months when I come in. If one of the numbers is too high, we have a friendly “chat” about lowering my TRT dosage for the next round. (I’ve started giving blood more in order to keep the numbers down before my appointment and having to “chat” about my dosage.) I say “chat” because it’s really him asking me if I’m injecting more than I’m supposed to. My TRT protocol is 200/14-days, but I sometimes up that to a cruise of 200/week. At 200mg/week, my number sits around 1550.

Mr.Smith45
02-09-2020, 05:13 PM
Yes, my doc looks at both free and total before moving forward. He checks every six months, and sometimes (annoyingly) does a surprise check at three months when I come in. If one of the numbers is too high, we have a friendly “chat” about lowering my TRT dosage for the next round. (I’ve started giving blood more in order to keep the numbers down before my appointment and having to “chat” about my dosage.) I say “chat” because it’s really him asking me if I’m injecting more than I’m supposed to. My TRT protocol is 200/14-days, but I sometimes up that to a cruise of 200/week. At 200mg/week, my number sits around 1550.

Thanks for the input Jack.

Leonardo Farmaceutical
02-09-2020, 06:21 PM
Just had bloods done, on cruise (TRT 200 T Cyp./wk.), seeing Doc soon, getting ready for a blast. My script was due and I didn't see a message come by that it was ready so I called the Doc and nurse tells me my reads were, total test: 1010, free test: 31 and estradiol: 70. Yea, I know about the estradiol, I'm a converter, but I wanted to get a read without ai so I know what to run on blast, but then she tells me they didn't submit the script because of my free test!...almost double their range...never heard of this, usually go by total test, I said I'll have a talk with the Doc when I see him, anyone ever hear this?Yes, actually. Free test is really where the magic happens. That is a good number and I would personally be happy with it. They're likely going to consider lowering the dosage to get the free test closer to normal range as you still have a lot of leeway with total test. I personally wouldn't worry about the e2 much so long as you're not experiencing any sides. Just my 2 cents.

Mr.Smith45
02-10-2020, 01:08 AM
Yes, actually. Free test is really where the magic happens. That is a good number and I would personally be happy with it. They're likely going to consider lowering the dosage to get the free test closer to normal range as you still have a lot of leeway with total test. I personally wouldn't worry about the e2 much so long as you're not experiencing any sides. Just my 2 cents.

Yes, that's the problem Dutch, they want to lower it, I'm happy with free being that level. I guess it really doesn't matter, I think I know a few places where I can get some good test. lol