PDA

View Full Version : Cash App/ Bitcoin Question

Son of Sampson
02-14-2020, 01:41 AM
After making an online purchase through my Cash App Bitcoin wallet, where/how do I find the transaction ID? First time using the Bitcoin feature. Thanks

Mr.Vanity
02-14-2020, 01:45 AM
Really shouldn’t have done that through cashapp, as they now have logged the info down for what you paid for (next time send it to a private wallet like blockchain). But you’r history should be where the clock logo is, the transaction ID will be there.

Mr.Vanity
02-14-2020, 01:46 AM
Really shouldn’t have done that through cashapp, as they now have logged the info down for what you paid for (next time send it to a private wallet like blockchain). But your history should be where the clock logo is, the transaction ID will be there.

rollingwinter
02-16-2020, 08:17 PM
Really shouldn’t have done that through cashapp, as they now have logged the info down for what you paid for (next time send it to a private wallet like blockchain). But you’r history should be where the clock logo is, the transaction ID will be there.

You do realize that sending one hop and effectively the same amount (less fees) is trivial from chain analysis, right?

thebear
02-16-2020, 09:20 PM
Clock icon

Mr.Vanity
02-16-2020, 09:27 PM
You do realize that sending one hop and effectively the same amount (less fees) is trivial from chain analysis, right?

They blacklist accounts all the time if any suspicion of the wallet is linked to a specific IP or location. I was banned on coinbase for simply sending my funds to the designated wallet

thebear
02-16-2020, 09:29 PM
To be safe, yes next time send to blockchain then to wherever. Some banks etc if you send BTC to wallets that are not deemed safe lol, they will shut your cash app or BTC ability down.

rollingwinter
02-17-2020, 02:39 AM
They blacklist accounts all the time if any suspicion of the wallet is linked to a specific IP or location. I was banned on coinbase for simply sending my funds to the designated wallet

My point was sending it once to a blockchain wallet and then from there to your source is trivial to track. It's blatantly obvious that the interm wallet is nothing more than just a temp point and you can say A paid C, even though it went to B first. If you actually want privacy on a public ledger, after going to your blockchain wallet, you should look into wasbi. I can't speak on cashapp but coinbase tracks six hops minimum.

Mr.Vanity
02-17-2020, 03:20 AM
My point was sending it once to a blockchain wallet and then from there to your source is trivial to track. It's blatantly obvious that the interm wallet is nothing more than just a temp point and you can say A paid C, even though it went to B first. If you actually want privacy on a public ledger, after going to your blockchain wallet, you should look into wasbi. I can't speak on cashapp but coinbase tracks six hops minimum.

Not necessarily, people send coins to third party wallets all the time as it’s universal. The point is to be under the radar and not under the spotlight. Obviously in the case if they were watching you, they can put two and two together. But for the average user if you’re sending funds to the same wallet over and over again, it’s no different than depositing cash to make a bank transfer overseas. I’ve seen how some of these guys with coinbase operate, they look for specific signs to weed out illegal purchases, such as notes and where the wallet address may be located. Again people slip through the cracks and it’s all allegedly. But once again I was banned years ago for simply sending funds directly to the people I was purchasing “supplements” off of. The reasoning was simply “potentially illegal transaction”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rollingwinter
02-17-2020, 04:27 AM
Not necessarily, people send coins to third party wallets all the time as it’s universal. The point is to be under the radar and not under the spotlight. Obviously in the case if they were watching you, they can put two and two together. But for the average user if you’re sending funds to the same wallet over and over again, it’s no different than depositing cash to make a bank transfer overseas. I’ve seen how some of these guys with coinbase operate, they look for specific signs to weed out illegal purchases, such as notes and where the wallet address may be located. Again people slip through the cracks and it’s all allegedly. But once again I was banned years ago for simply sending funds directly to the people I was purchasing “supplements” off of. The reasoning was simply “potentially illegal transaction”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you take comfort in a false sense of security, by all means, continue. Just giving a suggestion having been in the crypto scene since 2011.

Mr.Vanity
02-17-2020, 04:28 AM
If you take comfort in a false sense of security, by all means, continue. Just giving a suggestion having been in the crypto scene since 2011.

It’s just called covering your ass as much as possible...

rollingwinter
02-17-2020, 12:33 PM
It’s just called covering your ass as much as possible...

Then you would be using wasbi or running your conversion through privacy coins first.