PDA

View Full Version : broken arm

jchen_12
12-15-2012, 05:42 PM
Hey folks first post but had to tell you about this one. Back in February I was benching, my usual weight for 10 reps was 315. For some reason I couldn't get the 10th rep, didn't ask for a spot, (really stupid) so it is stuck on my chest. Yelled for someone to get bar off of chest, 2 guys came over started to pull the weight off of my chest and Snap! My left arm snapped completely in half, distal humerus bone, the worst place you can break your arm I guess. Had to have 2 plates and fourteen screws put in to keep it together. Rehab was long and painful, back to lifting but can't do the heavy weight anymore. Went from 245 15% bodyfat to 225 15% bodyfat. 275 for 6 is the most I do on bench now. Have always lifted heavy so adjusting is not working well. If anybody has any suggestions I would sure be happy to hear them. My age is 52 have lifted for 27 years been very devastating for me. I don't think arm will ever be like it used to be or my mind tells me that. Should I get on a better diet and just bodybuild ? Don't really want to lose all of my mass but seem to be, also am on TRT.

getttinbigg
12-15-2012, 06:47 PM
I broke my arm back in may its taking 6 months im lifting back to where I was before, that arm just starts to give out a little quicker. But I had huge amounta of atrophy from having the arm in the cast so just dont let your mind mess with you it will get there just takes time.

PAiN
12-16-2012, 12:00 AM
Damn bro sorry to hear about that.... I would just take it slow bro your arm went through pretty much the worst possible thing that could happen to it... It's easy to lose the strength and mass, but it's a hell of alot harder to put it back on..... Take your time and you can get back to where you were.

jchen_12
12-19-2012, 03:51 AM
Thanks for the support.Your right just have to be more patient. At 52 years old don't heal up like I used to.

BIGBOSS
12-19-2012, 05:21 AM
Take your time bro. It will all come back soon.