PDA

View Full Version : The Cube Method

darksidefitness
12-28-2012, 06:38 PM
Anybody trying this. Brandon Lilly is using this training method and looks like the MAN is obtaining super results. The training method looks like something like this...(his own training blog)

Welcome to My Training... The Cube Method

A Quick Intro to the Cube

For those of you that don't know how I model my training, this is my second week of my deadlift wave so it is a speed week. My waves are 3 weeks for squat bench and deadlift and they are modeled like this.

Week 1-Max Effort
Week 2-Dynamic Effort
Week 3-Repetition Method

I call it "Cube Training" as when its mapped out it looks like a cube. I never lift heavy on two lifts in a week. If I dead heavy, my bench is dynamic, and my squat is for reps, and as the weeks rotate the effort is rotated also. In the form of a cube.
Here's the setup:

WEEK 1 2 3

Deads- 1 2 3
Bench- 2 3 1
Squats- 3 1 2

Sundays are always a bodybuilding day. Just pick a few exercises to focus on weak points, and I always include Military Presses, and leg presses as I like keeping my quads, and shoulders strong.This method has worked extremely well for me, in preventing burnout, and building excitement for my heavy days. Any muscular deficiencies addressed on Sunday.

This type of training has given me my best two meets of my life, a 2530 geared, and 2105 Raw w/knee wraps. I very very seldom use a box to squat to, and usually only incorporate it on my rep day for high rep sets, and I no longer use bands from the floor on squats, I use straight weight until I do a couple overload sets and use Reverse Bands.

gusgus
12-28-2012, 07:49 PM
Huge fan of Brandon Lilly. I incorpated this into my own training (westside) by keeping my speed day every week but switching max effort and a heavy rep day every other week. So kind of a hybrid.
Brandon is the man.

cb1
12-28-2012, 09:42 PM
I think Brandon Lily could do bodybuilding workouts and get stronger. It doesnt work that way for me but I know its good to do every once in awhile. I know he is very intelegent and knows his stuff.

darksidefitness
12-28-2012, 09:43 PM
Strong and funny...LIKE comments between him and Brian Carroll

Huge fan of Brandon Lilly. I incorpated this into my own training (westside) by keeping my speed day every week but switching max effort and a heavy rep day every other week. So kind of a hybrid.
Brandon is the man.

cb1
12-28-2012, 09:43 PM
I think Brandon Lily could do bodybuilding workouts and get stronger. It doesnt work that way for me but I know its good to do every once in awhile. I know he is very intelegent and knows his stuff. Lily is the man. Have you seen the box jump video on YT. I think its him and Hoff. Very impressive.

darksidefitness
12-28-2012, 09:46 PM
The bodybuilding day is not to get stronger but to bring the parts that he need to bring up...I guess is like an accessory day attacking small muscles...may be??? With those numbers is working for him for sure .

I think Brandon Lily could do bodybuilding workouts and get stronger. It doesnt work that way for me but I know its good to do every once in awhile. I know he is very intelegent and knows his stuff.

darksidefitness
12-28-2012, 09:47 PM
Yes.

[QUOTE=cb1;84874 Lily is the man. Have you seen the box jump video on YT. I think its him and Hoff. Very impressive.[/QUOTE]

bruski36
12-12-2013, 02:42 AM
love the cube..........after getting hurt a couple cube 10 week cycles I'm back up to my old weights and stronger out of the whole