PDA

View Full Version : TRT to first cycle advice

Wrenchhead80
05-16-2020, 09:42 PM
Hello guys looking for advice.

40 year old who's been exercising for a few years. Started TRT three years ago. Got more serious lifting this year in January when I started to go to a gym five days a week. But since that came to a end I bought a complete gym setup in my garage now and I'm continuing to go five days a week. My TRT dose is 232mg of Test C a week and I take .25mg pill of arimadex two times a week (Mon/Thur). I can go with only one dose of the AI pill but get more agitated easily so I usually take the two. Either way I have killer night boners and a great sex drive and that's what I base the dose on. I do get labs threw out the year though. When I take three the sex drive and night boners aren't as great. So I feel 2x's a week is my sweet spot. I also take three shot's of HCG (450iu's each shot) a week for the balls. My body fat % when I started at the gym in Jan was 15.3 . I used their machine. Since then I've lost more fat and my abs are more visible but have no way of knowing the exact number now with them closed.

So for my first cycle I'm thinking (and after reading different post here) I should keep it simple and raise the Test dose by 300mg a week so I would be in the 500 to 600 range (532 to be more exact). My prescription is for three doses of the .25mg AI so I have extra in case I need it and figured I'd buy one kit of the arimadex 1mg/50 tabs to make sure I'll have enough in case I have to take more then I thought.

Or those arimadex tabs breakable to take a smaller dose?
Does adding the 300mg of Test C sound good?
How long should I run it before I go back to TRT levels per week?

I also learned about Anavar here and I sounded like something I'd like to try. But should I wait till I do my second cycle down the road?

I'm looking to put on some muscle and stay lean or leaner if possibly. I'v done both already since being on my TRT dose I just want more of those results lol. I'm not looking to get to a size I can only maintain by doing many different things threw out the year. Or at least not now lol. I enjoy having no sides and sleeping like a baby every night.

Thanks for any help and guidance.

NoMMAdd
05-16-2020, 10:18 PM
Hello guys looking for advice.

40 year old who's been exercising for a few years. Started TRT three years ago. Got more serious lifting this year in January when I started to go to a gym five days a week. But since that came to a end I bought a complete gym setup in my garage now and I'm continuing to go five days a week. My TRT dose is 232mg of Test C a week and I take .25mg pill of arimadex two times a week (Mon/Thur). I can go with only one dose of the AI pill but get more agitated easily so I usually take the two. Either way I have killer night boners and a great sex drive and that's what I base the dose on. I do get labs threw out the year though. When I take three the sex drive and night boners aren't as great. So I feel 2x's a week is my sweet spot. I also take three shot's of HCG (450iu's each shot) a week for the balls. My body fat % when I started at the gym in Jan was 15.3 . I used their machine. Since then I've lost more fat and my abs are more visible but have no way of knowing the exact number now with them closed.

So for my first cycle I'm thinking (and after reading different post here) I should keep it simple and raise the Test dose by 300mg a week so I would be in the 500 to 600 range (532 to be more exact). My prescription is for three doses of the .25mg AI so I have extra in case I need it and figured I'd buy one kit of the arimadex 1mg/50 tabs to make sure I'll have enough in case I have to take more then I thought.

Or those arimadex tabs breakable to take a smaller dose?
Does adding the 300mg of Test C sound good?
How long should I run it before I go back to TRT levels per week?

I also learned about Anavar here and I sounded like something I'd like to try. But should I wait till I do my second cycle down the road?

I'm looking to put on some muscle and stay lean or leaner if possibly. I'v done both already since being on my TRT dose I just want more of those results lol. I'm not looking to get to a size I can only maintain by doing many different things threw out the year. Or at least not now lol. I enjoy having no sides and sleeping like a baby every night.

Thanks for any help and guidance.

This is only my opinion based on things I've read. I'm a newbie and on my 3rd cycle. Been doing trt for a while.

The best advice I was given is to keep it simple and only add one new thing at a time so that if it reacts bad you know what/which "it" is. You simply dont know how you'll react to a new compound.

For a first cycle it seems most people say between 12 and 16 weeks. I stick to 12 as I'm a newbie to blasting.

I was recommended to do just a high dose test e so I did that my first. I was told that dbol or anavar are good for second cycle. Dbol good for mass anavar good for lean.

That's all I know from what others have told me and what I have read. But I would trust others with more experience than me as I said I'm a newbie and on my 3ed cycle. Other dudes here on like there 30th cycle. Trust those guys.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Wrenchhead80
05-16-2020, 11:04 PM
This is only my opinion based on things I've read. I'm a newbie and on my 3rd cycle. Been doing trt for a while.

The best advice I was given is to keep it simple and only add one new thing at a time so that if it reacts bad you know what/which "it" is. You simply dont know how you'll react to a new compound.

For a first cycle it seems most people say between 12 and 16 weeks. I stick to 12 as I'm a newbie to blasting.

I was recommended to do just a high dose test e so I did that my first. I was told that dbol or anavar are good for second cycle. Dbol good for mass anavar good for lean.

That's all I know from what others have told me and what I have read. But I would trust others with more experience than me as I said I'm a newbie and on my 3ed cycle. Other dudes here on like there 30th cycle. Trust those guys.

That theory makes sense. I was thinking since I already take the Test C it's not a new thing so it shouldn't count. But then again Ive never taken a little over twice the amount. It sounds like anavar is mild and I liked the sound of the strength gains it gives too.

Thanks for the honest info.

NoMMAdd
05-16-2020, 11:19 PM
No problem.

Wrenchhead80
05-18-2020, 01:02 PM
I forgot to add that along with my TRT plan mentioned above I'm also prescribed threw my doctor T3/T4 medication. So my thyroid levels are kept at optimum levels. I have hashimoto (autoimmune disease) not bad the number wasn't that high to begin with and with the T3/T4 meds and taking a selenium supplement my number has dropped to the low 100's. I also take LDN which may have helped too but definitely helped with the awesome sleep quality I get since I started taking the LDN.

thebear
05-18-2020, 05:06 PM
500mg (250mg x2)
12 wks

AI is up to you

lostnnothing
05-18-2020, 07:35 PM
If you haven't already, My first piece of advice for you is to educate yourself as much as you can, read through the stickies here and learn as much as you can about the compounds you're wanting to use.

But, I think that's a good first cycle. 12-16 weeks is great. I personally run both my blast and cruise at 16 weeks and I've been doing that for a long ass time. I'm of the opinion that you don't need anything over 500-600 Test a week, especially as a base, but your milage may vary.

Concerning the AI, I use as needed, pay attention to my body type thing, just as you alluded to with the erections. As previously mentioned, as you get more pumped about trying new things, make minor adjustments to your cycles in the event things go sideways.

Best of luck!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Wrenchhead80
05-19-2020, 12:09 AM
Sounds like everyone has the same idea. Makes sense to play it safe.

This may sound funny or stupid but when I start the cycle do I stop taking the real stuff I'm prescribed and switch totally over to the other stuff or go half half?

lostnnothing
05-19-2020, 12:23 AM

This may sound funny or stupid but when I start the cycle do I stop taking the real stuff I'm prescribed and switch totally over to the other stuff or go half half?If it were me, I'd use the p harma grade first before I used the UGL

Wrenchhead80
05-19-2020, 12:57 AM
If it were me, I'd use the p harma grade first before I used the UGL

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TapatalkAny reason?

I was leaning over to the UGL completely. So I can save the trt stuff if down the road SHTF I can have a emergency stock of my trt meds or if buisness's or shipping shuts down for weeks or months with current events. The trt stuff I have logs showing what my levels are at different doses and schedules. So I know what to mostly suspect if labs can't be done for a period of time. Less of a guessing game.

Mixing seems like added work with no benefit I can think of.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

lostnnothing
05-19-2020, 01:58 AM
Personal preference. The difference would be in how much gear you have. 500mg of p harma grade Test would give you higher test ranges than 500mg of UGL test. Hear me out. Some UGL are spot on with their gear, so in theory, it would be very little, if any difference. But for me, labs have shown that's not always the case.

So really it's nothing other than I know (or assume until I get Labs) p harmais quality gear, no guess work. I've had Labs done a good number of times to know UGL isnt always perfect and that's okay, I don't expect it to be 100%...I simply assume it's always underdosed, but who can really tell the difference between 500 and 450...

My choice would be to deplete my supply of the p harma and then the UGL. You'll hear opinions on both sides honestly, so I'd recommend hearing out both sides and then make your own decision.

I definitely wouldn't mix the two though. You could always save the good stuff up until you have enough for a full cycle, if that's an option for you.

My two pennies worth.

Wrenchhead80
06-05-2020, 02:02 AM
I started my cycle this Tue (June 2nd). I switched over to the UGL test C. I'm a low SHBG person so I was taking my normal TRT dose everyday. So I figured I'd do the same on cycle and inject 72mg every day now. Not taking any extra AI unless symptoms start.

My question is taking it in this manner when will I start feeling the difference? I think if I remember correctly the solid state for test c is 40 days. Since it's slow release will it come on so slow you don't feel it or in a couple weeks I'll start to feel a difference?

Selfmadecloser
06-05-2020, 02:32 AM

This may sound funny or stupid but when I start the cycle do I stop taking the real stuff I'm prescribed and switch totally over to the other stuff or go half half?

If it were me, I was use either one (ugl) or the other (******) and not mix the two together.

There are very reputable ugl sources out there, so I don’t think you’ll have that much of an issue in quality. As lostnnothing said before, it might be off but very slightly. I would do your research and look at the reviews and make a choice from there and as always look to do bloodwork when you can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iconpharma
06-05-2020, 09:37 AM
go for 1 option and do bloodwork and then you know exactly how it works for you and if you need to increase or decrease dosage

Wrenchhead80
06-05-2020, 12:31 PM
Im assuming you guys missed my last post #12 . I decided to switch solely to the UGL test c.

My question is when will will I start feeling the increase? Went more into detail with this question in post #12 .

iconpharma
06-05-2020, 12:33 PM
Im assuming you guys missed my last post #12 . I decided to switch solely to the UGL test c.

My question is when will will I start feeling the increase? Went more into detail with this question in post #12 .

within 7 days if its cyp or enanthate, of prop within 2-3 days as its reaches its peak serum concentration

depending on level of deficit you were in, it can take few weeks for some symptoms to go away but most go away within mentioned times

Wrenchhead80
06-05-2020, 12:43 PM
within 7 days if its cyp or enanthate, of prop within 2-3 days as its reaches its peak serum concentration

depending on level of deficit you were in, it can take few weeks for some symptoms to go away but most go away within mentioned timesI was currently on TRT at 232mg total a week of test c. I would assume my levels were good. I felt great. All bad symptoms of low t went away a long time ago. Waiting to get labs back to confirm numbers on taking 232mg a week. Have been on that dose since Jan 2020.

I'd assume I already was near optimum normal levels and this cycle would push it beyond.

Thanks for the info

iconpharma
06-05-2020, 01:16 PM
thats correct, 232 should give you max ref ranges or most likely beyond. but we all know referance ranges are for average joe blow and we for sure dont want to be them.

my cruise is always 1mg test per 1pound of body weight: 250pounds = 250mg test per week

Wrenchhead80
06-05-2020, 03:40 PM
thats correct, 232 should give you max ref ranges or most likely beyond. but we all know referance ranges are for average joe blow and we for sure dont want to be them.

my cruise is always 1mg test per 1pound of body weight: 250pounds = 250mg test per weekI'm not sure, even though most consider 200mg a week of test the higher side of a trt dose and I'm even over that.

I use to do 22mg a day (154mg a week) and my labs came back

TT 1191 (250-1100)
FT 364.1 (35-155)

But this is when I wasn't exercising with weights alot. Just 3 days a week.

After I started lifting and heavy 5 days a week my levels dropped to

TT 849 (300-1080)
FT 3.0 (1.3-2.9)

On the same dose of test c and HCG .

So now I'm thinking in the world of TRT and staying in a optimum level. Their is no cookie cutter dose. I'm sure genetics, weight, age, have a say on what dose may be right to ballpark optimum. But I'm thinking the demand or how hard you train has a bigger say on what dose a person may need to stay in that upper optimum range.

I'm thinking my levels will be near the same even with the increase to 32 mg a day because I started to get aggressive with running around a track ever day because I had the energy and rapid recovery. BUT I noticed after a few weeks of doing this I started to feel run down again like I was doing too much.

Curious to see what my levels were on 32mg and exercising a lot more.

Should have results tomorrow.

iconpharma
06-05-2020, 04:29 PM
dont think in terms op ptimum just what docs ref ranges are, these change and get downgraded every 10yrs or so, so what used to be normal is now too high.

use bloodwork as a good guideline BUT most important is how you FEEL on trt. if you are 1400 and u feel great and bloodwork is good meaning no weird dangerous things then stay there. some feel good on 500 test levels and some 1500.

feeling good is the name of the game in trt and not following docs ranges per se

Wrenchhead80
06-05-2020, 05:34 PM
dont think in terms op ptimum just what docs ref ranges are, these change and get downgraded every 10yrs or so, so what used to be normal is now too high.

use bloodwork as a good guideline BUT most important is how you FEEL on trt. if you are 1400 and u feel great and bloodwork is good meaning no weird dangerous things then stay there. some feel good on 500 test levels and some 1500.

feeling good is the name of the game in trt and not following docs ranges per seI didn't know about the upper range being dropped over the years. Makes sense with today's food let alone that new artificial hamburger with huge amounts of estrogen in it I can see the upper range being dropped to under 500 in a few years lol.

Wrenchhead80
06-07-2020, 07:54 PM
Well I can eat my words lol.

My test levels did increase since the prescribed raise in Jan 2020.

232mg a week of test c (32mg shot a day) had me at

TT 1060 (300-1080)

FT 305.4 (47-244)

But I think I found out what caused the overtraining, running low feel.

My thyroid numbers FT3 and FT4 came back on the low side of in range. Their normally on the high side (where I feel my best). My Reverse T3 was perfect at 9.

I am on a T3/T4 prescription threw my TRT dr. I take 1 1/2 grains AM and 1 1/2 grains PM. Thinking after we raise it a little, I'll feel better.

Wrenchhead80
06-13-2020, 10:48 PM
Was embarrassed to ask this cause I figured it couldn't be related but just did a Google search and apparently it's a thing.

I've been on my cycle (504mg a week test c) now for 1 1/2 weeks and lower back pain has started. Apparently it's a pump? I also notice working any body part now I get a pump. I've never had that before, even on my regular trt dose of 224mg a week test c. I mountain bike ride and now my quads hurts while I ride from the pump. Running around the track my calfs start to hurt.

Is this normal? Did you have it the whole time while on?

How to lesson it? I already drink a lot of water, get potassium and use a foam roller. I heard taurine helps, has that helped anyone here?

Also I still feel no strength increase at all. I know its test c which is slower release. When will I start feeling it by?

lostnnothing
06-13-2020, 11:00 PM
I've taken taurine for many years. Personal opinion is that it helps tremendously with lower back pumps. I remember getting them so badly that I couldn't stand up straight after heavy deadlifts. Ridiculous pain! It also seems to help with my blood pressure, but that's in addition to the meds I take. I take it about 30 minutes before I start my workout. I drink a minimum of 5 liters of water, never seemed to help with pumps, but smart to drink enough daily.

Concerning the strength gains from increased test, it's going to be slow if you're not using additional compounds and you've been on for a while. Don't expect to add 25lbs to your bench after 2 weeks. It's a slow, gradual increase based on how you push yourself in the gym. After a few decades being on, I'm happy to see 5lb increase on my 3 rep max (I don't do 1 rep anymore).

MattDamon47
06-15-2020, 01:21 AM
Cool log I'm on a similar journey. I was on 200mgs of test for trt. Just started a cycle of 250 test 250 deca and 40mgs of tbol. Feeling great. Good luck buddy

Mattymoo
06-15-2020, 05:19 AM
Taurine/magnesium good for cramping.
Supplementation are just as important as roids.
Max recently posted up what he takes..have a look

Wrenchhead80
06-17-2020, 08:04 PM
So it's two weeks into the cycle and so far everything is going well. My strength hasn't increased much at all, which I now understand shouldn't be expected, as it's been mentioned here on a previous post not to expect a big increase. But I have noticed recovery has gotten better.

I got the Taurine and started taking it a few days ago. Taking 2g a day I notice a positive effect on my lower back pain. I've read I could go up to 5grams a day.

artofwar
06-18-2020, 08:12 AM
what level does your E2 sit at??? mine sits at 250 pmol/L, I've lost my killer boner and sex drive. currently taking 200mg per week, going to lower my E2 with .25mg arimidex every 5 days. Wondering what is a optimum E2 level? any advice will help

Wrenchhead80
06-18-2020, 11:10 AM
what level does your E2 sit at??? mine sits at 250 pmol/L, I've lost my killer boner and sex drive. currently taking 200mg per week, going to lower my E2 with .25mg arimidex every 5 days. Wondering what is a optimum E2 level? any advice will help

Your better of starting your own thread since more people will see your question a d be able to help you.

As far as your question, if your not sure where you think your E2 is (high or low) I'd be careful guessing with taking a AI pill. If you can get bloods done that would be the best route. If you can't and since the pills are a smaller dose 0.25mg like mine try taking only one extra dose a week (say mon and thur) and see if you feel better or worse after a day or two.

My E2 sits at 25 from my most recent labs. Thats with the estradiol ultra sensitive test. My SHBG (I'm a low guy) is 20. I've read in different places the sweet spot is to have those two numbers close to each other. For me it works. I will tell you I prefer to have my E2 on the higher side of my SHBG number since I worry about low E2 which isn't healthy to have.

I'd wait to see what others think though before making your decision. A lot of guys here know a lot about this stuff. Maybe ask a moderator to move your post to a new thread to so more people will see your looking for advice.

Good luck

Wrenchhead80
07-20-2020, 09:15 PM
Update:

I made it to 5 weeks (or around steady state of test c) of my test c cycle and decided to stop. Going back to my TRT newly raised prescription dose of 280mg if you want to call that a TRT dose.

Reason for stopping is I wasn't really feeling and difference after weeks other then the back pumps and slightly faster recovery. So it got me wondering. I came to find after doing the actual counting and not assuming lol, I'm not eating enough. I'm eating clean, no junk crap but I'm not eating enough. First I noticed calories per day to low. Then with futher research my carb intake isn't enough to fuel me and needed more fats too. Basically I need to start eating more daily.

So I'd prefer to see what I can actually achieve on my trt dose with a proper diet. I felt what's the point of the possible added negatives of running a cycle while not supplying the right food too. I'm assuming no amount of drugs will get me big and jacked if I'm not eating enough lol. I plan on doing the cycle down the road after I get more out of my diet first.

Now I'm going to work on a way to eat what I need to around my daily schedule.