PDA

View Full Version : Creatine

bdad
01-02-2013, 07:34 PM
Anyone using it? If so do you use it while on?

bugse2342
01-02-2013, 08:33 PM
It's a the corner stone of my supplements. While I am on and off. I normally take 5g(caps) in am and mix 5g powder of creatine monohydrate with post workout shake.

Dirtydude
01-02-2013, 08:59 PM
I reserve creatine for pct and beyond as I've found I don't shed water as drastically if I began a heavy loading protocol. There is some debate as to the efficacy of loading, I utilize heavy loading though. I feel I can adapt to my strength gains and swear i feel less pain in my elbows!

Racelife
01-02-2013, 11:49 PM
Nice info and POV bros

Greenegorilla2
01-03-2013, 01:05 AM
I always run it as well! Good shit!

gator-mclusky
01-03-2013, 05:24 AM
I reserve creatine for pct and beyond as I've found I don't shed water as drastically if I began a heavy loading protocol. There is some debate as to the efficacy of loading, I utilize heavy loading though. I feel I can adapt to my strength gains and swear i feel less pain in my elbows!

I agree. I havent used it in yrs but coming off this last cycle Ive used it and it makes a helluva difference in keeping gains. I firmly believe in "loading phase" It certainly helps me when I'm "off" cycle!!!!!!

gtr

mfdvr
01-03-2013, 06:01 PM
I load 20 grams a day for a week or so, then 5-10 grams daily after workouts of creatine mono. Adds a rep or two to sets, makes muscles a little fuller but does give a little bloat. I'll use it for upcomcing pct.

dogsoldier
01-03-2013, 06:17 PM
Nice to meet everyone. There is no reason to load creatine. Just take the 5-10 grams consistently and you will be up to grade within a week. I can not remember where I read this, but your body can not absorb 20 grams of creatine in one shot. You just pee it out. Your choice.

mfdvr
01-03-2013, 06:24 PM
Yeah, they probably just recommend that to sell more creatine:-) I've always done it cause I figure you can get 1000 grams of mono for cheap by the tub.

fonz
01-04-2013, 01:31 AM
I've always used the micronized because it seems to dissolve a little better. I've only used it on cycle while taking anavar trying to increase strength. there is supposed to be a synergy when taking var and creatine together. I stuck with 5g/day. I have loaded before but seem to hold more water when doing so.

gator-mclusky
01-04-2013, 04:29 AM
Ive done it both ways and from personal experience, the loading phase works much better. As for studies saying this or that....theyre a dime a dozen and claim all kind of crap. Some hold water for a while, then proven wrong time and time again. And the Mono is just as good as any imo.

gator

Dirtydude
01-04-2013, 05:40 AM
Ive done it both ways and from personal experience, the loading phase works much better. As for studies saying this or that....theyre a dime a dozen and claim all kind of crap. Some hold water for a while, then proven wrong time and time again. And the Mono is just as good as any imo.

gator
I agree gator there are so many different metrics and methodologies in these studies, i go with what works, I also find the load helps me retain a little bit of water so i dont shed so drastically during pct, I feel losing that much water weight so quickly just can't be good as far as loading tension in your muscles. Studies are great and can provide much insight into things, but when i know something works for me I choose to do it. What does your load look like gator and how many g's do you run afterwards?

gator-mclusky
01-04-2013, 06:14 AM
I agree gator there are so many different metrics and methodologies in these studies, i go with what works, I also find the load helps me retain a little bit of water so i dont shed so drastically during pct, I feel losing that much water weight so quickly just can't be good as far as loading tension in your muscles. Studies are great and can provide much insight into things, but when i know something works for me I choose to do it. What does your load look like gator and how many g's do you run afterwards?

My thinking exactly. I do 20 grams a day for 7 days and then I do around 10 grams a day give or take. I did well on 5 grams a day yrs ago but like you said...this is my PCT so Im using a lil more because I want the water. Its like a trade off as we lose the water from the gear. I have to say, psychologically not dropping the weight that usually happens when getting off has been a Blessing. Hate looking at that scale and watching it go down. Of course we say we dont want to look at a scale, it only matters how we look BUT....I cant help but peak at that mutha fukka!!!!! lol

gtr

dogsoldier
01-05-2013, 02:31 AM
Explain to me how creatine works as a PCT agent. The action of creatine is to help pull water into the muscle tissue and create ATP, the muscle molecular energy source. (over simplified but you get the idea). Creatine converted to creatine phophate helps with cranking out that extra rep or two. So I am still confused with your comment about being used for post cycle therapy.

Dirtydude
01-05-2013, 04:59 AM
Explain to me how creatine works as a PCT agent. The action of creatine is to help pull water into the muscle tissue and create ATP, the muscle molecular energy source. (over simplified but you get the idea). Creatine converted to creatine phophate helps with cranking out that extra rep or two. So I am still confused with your comment about being used for post cycle therapy.
Shedding water out of the tissue quickly makes it hard to adapt to your strength gains, it obviously does nothing to assist in hormone levels, thats not what I mean at all. On a heavy test cycle I would never notice creatine, and those extra reps come from AR activations effect on the nervous system (obviously just one of the many ways), where as with creatine it will come from the ATP synthesis as you mentioned. dfferent mechanisms achieving similar goals.

pun
01-25-2013, 07:54 PM
Plain old mono hydrate 1 heaping teaspoon a day with fruit juice when off to keep some strength and size.

pushiron
01-25-2013, 08:24 PM
It helps me feel more pumped, I know it helps bring water to your muscles and hydrates them, I see no problem using it, most you will experience is a little bloat if any at all.

flyingfox272
01-25-2013, 09:55 PM
To answer the first post, I just started using it again in my shakes(5-6 grams). I believe it is one of the few supplements that has a proven track record of being effective, even more so for the chemically enhanced athlete. I am getting a bit of bloat though.

315 BEAST
01-25-2013, 10:07 PM
I have never used it but I think I am going to give it a try

slinsane
02-17-2013, 02:47 AM
creatine is the best, just use german creatine, proven to make you stronger, has the most scientific studies out of any supplement other then piracetam