PDA

View Full Version : DIRTYDUDE'S STRENGTH QUEST

Dirtydude
01-03-2013, 06:55 AM
Hello brothers, I have always wanted to keep a log for personal reasons, but anyone who ever cares to chime in, its more than welcome.
LOWER BODY SPEED DAY
STRAIGHT BAR SQUATS
55% of 1RM
x10
x8
x8
65% of 1RM
x5
DEADLIFT WITH LIGHT BANDS
55% 1RM + bands
3x10
very heavy emphasis on explosive trap contraction at top
LEG CURL (MACHINE EXERCISE)
3x10
todays session with the deadlifts was so intense at the speed i was working, concentrating on form really wore me out and i listened to my body and called it a day without a little more assistance work, typically I'd want to add one more assistance exercise focusing on quads.
Really feeling the gear kick in and perhaps its time to reevaluate my maxes in the next few weeks, also improve my cardio. Trap cramps have been plauging me the last few days, not sure as to the cause, perhaps increase electrolyte intake.

PAiN
01-04-2013, 12:48 AM
Looking forward to following along bro!

Reps for the journal.

Dirtydude
01-04-2013, 04:50 AM
REST DAY

tomorrow i am going max effort floor press as a core exercise and want to make sure I hit it with all I got
OUTSIDE TRAINING
tren/test flu symptoms subsiding so I've been able to hit it hard in the kitchen, downed 3 600cal shakes today on top of my whole food intake. Turned this into an ice cream bulk and down a half gall of pistachio ice cream, I used to consider myself a hardgainer, then i realized I ate like a toddler lol. I hope this keeps up!

GEAR
today today took 50mg tren 100mg of test prop around 3pm, minimum pip so far but a tad of burning. warming up the oil really helps though with smooth injects and will definitely do that next shot. Definite improvement in vascularity, getting veins I havent seen since my last cut.

Dirtydude
01-04-2013, 04:53 AM
Looking forward to following along bro!

Reps for the journal.

Thanks pain, please fel free to chime in in the future with any thoughts, I dig how you aren't one of those snobby admins, you takes the time to make all members feel welcome and dont just clique up with your vets. Ill try to keep up posting anything quality i can bro!

Dirtydude
01-05-2013, 04:47 AM
MAX EFFORT BENCH DAY
I didnt have usual spotter so I worked up to a heavy triple on the flat bench for max strength exercise
FLAT BENCH STRAIGHT BAR
Warm up set
70% 1RM x 5
75% 1RMx 5
75%+5lb x 5
85% 1RM x 3
90% 1RMx 3 (time to reevaluate 1RM!)

DUMBBELL FLOOR PRESS
2x15 , went all out on these and they killed me, definitely to failure and paused a lot to made sure I made the reps, GREAT finisher for the bench.

DUMBBELL ROW SUPERSET x REAR DELT DUMBBELL CLEAN
3x8 and 3x10

STRAIGHT BAR SHRUGS
3x15 , went lighter than I normally do with a heavy paused contraction at the top, normally I "throw the weight around" with shrugs, this time paused for at least a second, felt good!

OLYMPIC BAR CURLS
3x10 , explosive contraction, focus on the eccentric, I made sure to lower the weight AT LEAST twice as fast as I raised it, led to a great pump.

all in all today was an awesome workout, went hard and really focused on my contractions, the floor presses got me pumped up. I never do dumbbell rows, mostly barbell, and i could definitely feel a better range of motion. Strength is definitely going up, feel the gear kickin in! My appetite is finally back and I'm constantly hungry which is fantastic! now I have to deal with the insomnia and I'll be all set!

gator-mclusky
01-05-2013, 06:10 AM
Good stuff DD!!!!!!!

gator

gusgus
01-05-2013, 05:10 PM
nice log man, similar to mine

zombieslayer
01-05-2013, 06:42 PM
Nice log. Post up some weights used, just curious

Dirtydude
01-05-2013, 08:59 PM
Nice log. Post up some weights used, just curious

I dont put weights in my log because I find it messes me up mentally, and the next time I go back to that exercise if I have to use less weight I feel like a bum and it isnt productive, thats just me though! to give you an idea, im currectly using 305 as my 1RM for bench though im sure its 30lbs higher than this right now. for deadlift I'm using 405, and all assistance work you see, dumbbell rows 80's and up , shrugs, 225-315, curls, 25-35lb plates if oly bar. If I end up competing it will be at 198.5 or maybe lower since I tend to walk around close to that. There wont be weights on my log til i set new 1RM's and when I do ill put them up zombie.

Camzilla
01-05-2013, 11:54 PM
I feel the same way. Fuks with my head, its like im working against those numbers and not the weights.

Dirtydude
01-06-2013, 04:27 AM
ASSISTANCE WORK DAY

Close Grip Bench
warm up
x12
add 10lb x12
add 10lb x12
add 10lb x10

Tricep Pushdown
3x15 went high rep yet still used more weight than previous workout. SICK pump

Power Clean (Oly Bar)
warm up
3x8 focused on upper body contraction, almost like speed work.

Kettle Bell Swings
2x12
1x10 Made me sweat like a bullet and heart race, cardio is failing miserable. I've heard this is a side effect of tren though? any word on if it could be that bad?

Medial Delt Dumbbell Raises
3x15 , again went light and focused on contraction.

Ab's (Swiss Ball Crunches)
​4x15

pushiron
01-06-2013, 09:45 PM
cool workout

315 BEAST
01-25-2013, 05:26 AM
Nice log bro, thinking about doing one myself as soon as a figure out a good routine

gator-mclusky
01-25-2013, 05:46 AM
I dont put weights in my log because I find it messes me up mentally, and the next time I go back to that exercise if I have to use less weight I feel like a bum and it isnt productive, thats just me though! to give you an idea, im currectly using 305 as my 1RM for bench though im sure its 30lbs higher than this right now. for deadlift I'm using 405, and all assistance work you see, dumbbell rows 80's and up , shrugs, 225-315, curls, 25-35lb plates if oly bar. If I end up competing it will be at 198.5 or maybe lower since I tend to walk around close to that. There wont be weights on my log til i set new 1RM's and when I do ill put them up zombie.

Im the same way brudda. Looks great btw!!!!!!!!!

pushiron
01-25-2013, 08:22 PM
Any updates on your training brother?

papasung
01-26-2013, 01:43 PM
bump