PDA

View Full Version : Accutane

BombdotCom
06-03-2020, 10:47 AM
So after my last cycle of Decca and test i have some acne that doesnt want to go away. It's on my head, neck, chest and back. Never had acne my entire life.

I used some pretty powerful acne scrubs for a few months now I have a rash around my face from the acne wash. Going for blood work soon. But going by feel and previous blood work I'd say my E2 is in check. I use aromasin while on cycle.

Have you guys used accutane? Please post your experiences good and bad dosages length of use. I'm very curious and need to get this fixed.

Also I've tried everything to manage this. Shower twice a day. I've tried scrubbing not scrubbing. Different types of acne wash all recommended on here. Washed my bedding frequently. I've tried a lot of different things.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

javinunez09
06-03-2020, 12:00 PM
I definitely needed Accutane to clear up chest and back acne. I have found that using 20mg a day for the first couple of weeks or so seems to kill it for me. Then after that I may take it every 2 or 3 days. It may cause your skin to get dry especially my lips but just tried to keep plenty of chapstick handy.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

iconpharma
06-03-2020, 12:14 PM
as you say hygiene is very important, also moisturising the skin, getting good vit d and sun, good fats in diet, accutane for sure helps and dont overdo it. better bit lower consistent dosage then an all out attack and skin gets irritated

Drillit
06-03-2020, 12:23 PM
I used accutane for 6 months up to 80mg a day.... under a doctors care with monthly bloodwork to monitor my liver values.
It works but it’s a nasty drug. I’d recommend 20mg a day for a couple months if self prescribing. No extra vitamin A as it will trash your liver taken with tane. Chapstick will be your friend for sure.
Just for the know..... it’s a common thing that guys correlate estrogen with acne. Sebaceous glands that cause oil in your skin, and therefore acne do not have estrogen receptors. However, they do have DHT receptors.