PDA

View Full Version : How does everybody keep track of their diet?

Fullback40
01-05-2013, 01:52 AM
Hey bros i was wondering everyone's different ways of keeping track of the foods they eat? like macros and stuff?

Personally i find it very difficult to keep an accurate log of what im eating on a daily basis and usually just try to stay consistent with what i eat and keep track in my head, and i always try to look at the low end if im not sure so worst case scenario i do some extra cardio.

So just curious, hopefully i can learn from someone else for an easy method to make my macros more accurate.

Camzilla
01-05-2013, 02:27 AM
If it was there in the am, but is gone in the pm, I assume I ate it and put it on the grocery list for my wife to get more.

exphys88
01-05-2013, 02:37 AM
I eat basically the same foods everyday when I'm serious, just switch up dinners and keep macros similar.

gator-mclusky
01-05-2013, 02:56 AM
I dont count calories. I eat big but clean. Not real clean though. No fried foods except on some Fridays when Ill have a fried catfish fillet. I dont mind carbs or struff like cheesecake and Reeses sometimes. I eat big to be big and if I think im gaining fat then I simply back off things like cake and all. With this diet I can be pretty big and have definition and a lil sign of abs. Thats what I like and enjoy not having to count calories. Moderation is key with me.. To each their own though.....

gtr

RockShawn
01-05-2013, 03:44 AM
I would say I depends on how serious you are what your goals are. I you just wanna see what the totals are, there are a couple of apps available, I like calorie counter its the one with a scale as a symbol.

If you are serious, you set up a diet and weight your food each day so the counting is done when you set up the diet and you eat the same thing every day. The diet depends on your goal; bulking, cutting or prepping.

Bigbird88
01-07-2013, 07:03 PM
I never really managed to keep track on paper of what I was eating. Like said above, I kind of just eat the same basic foods when I'm in the zone. That being said if anyone does have a better way pls feel free and let me no. Thanks

PAiN
01-08-2013, 10:59 PM
Never really use anything to keep track. I have been doing this for so long I do it without thinking about it....

Alot of people I know are keeping track of their progress and diets with online sites and cell phone apps and that seems to be the new thing. They are pretty cool to use and follow and helpful as well. Check them out.

IronFox
01-09-2013, 02:20 AM
I just eat healthy foods such as eggs, wheat bread, chicken and rice that is all. Generally I buy enough to last me a month so its easy for me to keep tabs on what I have consumed

omni
01-09-2013, 10:11 PM
I figure out my diet ahead of time and have it posted on my fridge. I prep my food once a week and stick to my plan. I set my phone alarm to go off every 3 hours to make sure I don't forget to eat. It gets boring and I find myself force feeding but I continue to grow. I think by just winging it, it's too hard to achieve your goals.

cominback22
01-09-2013, 10:59 PM
I kind of do the same thing as stated above. When cutting i eat the same stuff everyday and you know your hitting what you want.

bionic redneck
01-10-2013, 06:46 PM
i memorize mine after i write it down and usually eat the same things every day

sensitivenips
01-10-2013, 07:37 PM
i memorize mine after i write it down and usually eat the same things every day

i do this as well. i start off by figuring out what am i trying to achieve, gaining, cutting, or maintaining. i then develop a diet based on my goal that fits on one sheet of paper. I write out meal #1 - meal #6 or whatever meal # i need in order to achieve my goal. I break down the meals by listing exactly how many oz of protein and carbs i need to eat with whatever else like fats or supps. calculate totals for protein, carbs, fats, & calories; and use these #'s as my basis for my meals each day to make sure i have allocated enough oz's to reached my desired goal.

from their i just make sure that i consume exactly the # of oz's for protein, carbs, & fats as i have listed on my meal plan, meaning i dont eat exactly what i have listed each and everyday bc i may want to switch it up, i just make sure i eat exactly the # of oz's for each as i have listed.

i also have a group of foods i choose from for each meal. protein: eggs, chicken, turkey, fish. carbs: brown rice, gluten free oatmeal, gluten free whole grain bread, brown rice pasta, potato's, sweet potato's. fats: olive oil, coconut oil, avocado, walnut oil, fish oil.

luckyluke_80
01-13-2013, 02:25 PM
phone app - myfitness pal......has everything. Can scan the bar code and puts it in automatically!

GREAT APP

joebob
01-13-2013, 04:28 PM
Microsoft Excel spreadsheet me my diet coach sends them to me I follow them check off the meals or put in a note if I screw up and have a cheat meal.

swinging_away
01-14-2013, 11:22 AM
My family has been using this source and I am impressed with it:

fitbit.com

wallycn
01-14-2013, 03:52 PM
Lose it app for the iphone works well. To be really accurate I try to enter in the nutirition info off of the label of things I eat reguarly. I gives you a decent way to track what you are eating and the breakdown of protien/carbs/fat in your daily/weekly diet.

gusgus
01-14-2013, 04:17 PM
counting calories is a pain in the ass and overated. Im like gator eat big to be big and if i start getting fat back of the junk food.

jinko
01-15-2013, 01:59 AM
Microsoft Excel spreadsheet me my diet coach sends them to me I follow them check off the meals or put in a note if I screw up and have a cheat meal.

Have you ever tried Google docs? You can share it and both you make real time edits. In the cloud too so you can access it any where.

dtob
01-15-2013, 06:15 PM
i dont really keep track tbh
i just eat clean and reasonably
i also dont pay attention to the scale and prefer the mirror

brass
01-24-2013, 10:35 PM
Livestrong . com has myplate which has been working pretty well for me.

Can track weight trends too, and it doesn't cost anything.

If you are a privacy freak be sure to have the ghostery and no script add ons installed on your browser.

joebob
02-02-2013, 07:27 PM
Have you ever tried Google docs? You can share it and both you make real time edits. In the cloud too so you can access it any where.

I use google docs for other things never thought about it for this great idea!

315 BEAST
02-02-2013, 08:07 PM
There's some pretty good apps for thAt if u have a smart phone

slinsane
02-17-2013, 02:43 AM
i use a calculator, it is the easiest for macros

maul
02-25-2013, 07:00 AM
myfitnesspal makes it so simple, check it out.

superman
03-02-2013, 06:24 PM
Phone apps for me. Tried my fitness pal but switched to Lose It. Really like Lose It. But after a while you get an eye for what is needed. A food scale is your best friend

LiftEngineer
03-03-2013, 04:10 PM
iPhone app for me. I use Protein Tracker.

mike666
03-09-2013, 12:16 AM
write up a diet with the food values with varibles and stick to it alot of same eating