PDA

View Full Version : Pre-squat rituals! lets hear um!

Fullback40
01-05-2013, 02:11 AM
I dont know about you guys, but squat is my favorite lift just because its you and the bar, and most of the time the spotter/spotters are never gonna be a factor throughout the lift, and its just sit down stand up, i feel like its one of the only lifts i get to use every single part of my body to complete, a true test of your body.

And i have built on my pre squat rituals, first thing i do is blow my nose, idk why, then i always have a stickie note with me that says "get some" on it which i place high up on the wall in front of me for something to keep my eyes on, then i put some messed up super heavy metal which i completely immerse myself into on, it helps me block everyone and everything else out...then i crouch down under the bar with my hands on the bar and pull down and try to rip the bar apart to engage my back..the next part i usually get made fun of for but i literally talk shit to the bar under my breath and transform the bar in my mind to something i hate with all my passion (usually my ex), then i sqaut it,...i usually dont have a voice after i squat from yelling and theres almost always blood running form my nose........Damn im getting hard right now haha i love it so much

So im interested to know if anyone else shares this same mentality and what everyone different preparation methods are?

Camzilla
01-05-2013, 02:25 AM
I stand with bar in frint of me with both hands on it and squeeze it as hard as I can. Then i yank it back and forth a few times (pissed at this point) then I quickly get under it, lift it off the rack, step back and squat. Re-rack, step away and give the finger. I HATE that fuking bar. Nothing but hate. I love squat day :-)

gator-mclusky
01-05-2013, 03:49 AM
Great stuff Cam and FB!!!! True...the squat is King of all exercises. It's not my favorite but it is a staple of any serious lifter!

As for a ritual...mine is before I get to thegym All mental. I picture it and the motions go through my mind. I focus on one thing and one thing only....squatting!!!!!!!!

gtr

Mick4
01-06-2013, 03:24 AM
I stand in rack with the bar in front of me and clear my thoughts. I grab the bar and position my hands where I like em keeping my mind blank. I address the bar and one fluid motion step under the bar step back and look up 12 feet or so up the wall, allowing no thought to cloud my mind. Sit and push that bitch up. Re rack the weight turn around a walk away. Kinda lame, but it works for me to concentrate on keeping my thoughts clear.

ShortnWide
01-06-2013, 05:29 AM
Cool post FB. Just did squats today. Love them, I do different variations depending on where I am in training.
I need -
heavy metal on
Pre work out drink
must have shorts on
whether I'm in the office, gym or at home a look at some bodybuilding motivational stuff to help on the drag ass days
and lots of not moving much after I hit a good day of squats/legs because I'm usually dead after that.

darksidefitness
01-06-2013, 02:22 PM
I treat during a meet every event with equal hate! The only thing is I am a calm kind of guy. Don't waste too much energy between lifts. I do slap myself couple times as soon they call me with "THE BAR IS LOAD!" That's when I know is time to smash some steel. Smack my face couple time, some nose tork in the way in and WHAAAAAT A RUSHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! 3 WHITE LIGHTS.

metromuscle
01-06-2013, 02:49 PM
Definitely, before doing any of the lifts, especially the squat, there can't be any thought of negativity, not even one iota of it to set you back. That lift off has to be solid and strong; and the rest of the lift will go well. No turning back, heading into it like a locomotive.

Fullback40
01-06-2013, 07:06 PM
these are some badass mentality's!

PAiN
01-08-2013, 11:36 PM
I stand with bar in frint of me with both hands on it and squeeze it as hard as I can. Then i yank it back and forth a few times (pissed at this point) then I quickly get under it, lift it off the rack, step back and squat. Re-rack, step away and give the finger. I HATE that fuking bar. Nothing but hate. I love squat day :-)

And then Planet Fitness sounds the lunk alarm and you're kicked out for the day LOL

HAHA I feel ya bro I do the same thing. There's nothing else that exists in that room except me and that bar at that moment.

Camzilla
01-09-2013, 02:51 PM
I didnt think we had PF in our area, then boom! Yesterday I see a commercial
For it. Its like a fast cancer, spreading eveywhere.

metromuscle
01-09-2013, 05:56 PM
They (Planet fitness) are definitely like a cancer sweeping the nation, and yet even a new clone of them is appearing. The PF tv commercials are so numerous lately I have the goddamn mute button poised and ready.

cominback22
01-09-2013, 10:14 PM
I do this with squats and bench. If im about to push super heavy weight. I HAVE to put Ratt- Round and Round on my mp3 player. Sounds weird i know but it gets me amped.

IronFox
01-10-2013, 01:49 AM
I flex my knees and crack my fingers not to mention hitching up my shorts just for starters.

And then Planet Fitness sounds the lunk alarm and you're kicked out for the day LOL

HAHA I feel ya bro I do the same thing. There's nothing else that exists in that room except me and that bar at that moment.
Hey don't diss Planet Fitness...its the newest game in town and don't forget Pizza Night :p

(just trollin you brother :) )

I really hate PF with a passion and there are now 3 of them a gunshot's distance from me....they are as bad as Walmart