PDA

View Full Version : Help with bloods

Swole 4 Life
07-17-2020, 02:09 AM
I got bloods taken from a private lab, but they don't provide any guidance or feedback on your results. I'm quite concerned about my cholesterol. I'm not as young as I used to be (late 30s), so I need to get that in check.
I'm 5 weeks into a 750 test e and anavar cycle. Pins are divided up into 2x 1.5ml injections, Monday and Friday. Blood was taken on Thursday morning (three days after last pin).

My liver values are quite high too, but the main thing I am concerned about is cholesterol. I think I'm going to book into see my doctor as it is very high.
Do the test values seem about right for 750mg test?
Thanks for any help and feedback, I really appreciate it.

Liftpower23
07-17-2020, 02:32 AM
Anavar is known to lower HDL so that's probably your culprit... and the AST & ALT are gonna run a little high, especially if you train hard the days before the blood draw.

Me personally, I keep my diet tight as possible. No processed foods, no fast foods, keep all the fats from good sources, eat a lot of veggies and I get my cardio in. I've never once had high cholesterol even on tren, winstrol, high test, NPP... but when I was on 80mg/day of var my HDL was in the tank. As far as lowering the LDL, you definitely want to look at diet and unfortunately sometimes good ol genetics play the biggest part in our cholesterol numbers.

jrock645
07-17-2020, 02:33 AM
Your liver values are barely out of range. I wouldn't worry about those at all.

As far as your cholesterol... what did you expect? 750 is a LOT of test. And anavar is a dht, and dht are universally terrible on lipids. Are you taking anything to help with lipids? Cardarine is an excellent on cycle support, So is lipid stabil from molecular nutrition. Another thing is watch your saturated fat intake closely if you're not already- keep it as low as possible.

As far as going to see your dr... What are you expecting him to tell you? I don't know your doc, and mine is pretty cool about the gear use but if I went in on cycle freaked out about cholesterol he'd probably look at me like I'm an idiot. Chances are, he's not giving you cholesterol meds until you get off the gear. Imo, this is a short term, completely to be expected issue. Take it as such. Throw some supports at it, watch your saturated fat intake and ride it out. This will self correct if your diet is how it needs to be and you use the supports I suggested.

Swole 4 Life
07-17-2020, 03:01 AM
Thanks guys, all good advice. I just freaked out when I saw a ratio of 10 because I recently read an article that said a ratio of 9 doubles your chance of heart attack. I'll look at getting some lipid supports and get another test in 12 weeks and see how things are. I'm going to increase my cardio, as I have been quite slack with that too.
What about my test levels? How do they look for the amount of test I am taking? I always take a little more test as I expect UGL gear to be under-dosed.
Thanks again

Riggs
07-17-2020, 04:06 AM
LIPIDS - My tried & true OTC stack for lipids, and I have seriously bad genetics in this aspect (all men in the family die of heart disease @ 50), that keeps me in the target range for an individual with a heart condition (which I don't have), is the below...

Ubiquinol
Red Yeast Rice
Garlic
Fish Oil

Those are the core 4 that have worked for 15yrs. Now I've added....

Curcumin
Berberine
Hawthorne Berry

And I'm liking the add ons but the 1st four I've used & recommended to guys for 15yrs and I've seen great results across the board.

ALT/AST - As far as ALT/AST being elevated this is a perfect example of why baseline bloods are preached here on BOP. With those there would be no question as to what is causing the stress.

Testosterone - You're @ 1990 ng/dl which is 2.5 ish x your dose (off the top of my head). What I consider a minimum is 4 x dose. NOW I've done extensive research on this including spending yrs as a rep reviewing bloods taken for the purpose of testing the potency of the brand I rep'd, and IME when the dose is below 250mg T down regulation is much lower. Usually low doses like that will be 5 - 10 x dose. In your dose of 750mg you might have passed the good zone of the dose response curve and are experiencing diminishing returns. In this case we review the other hormones/sex hormones/SHBG (protein) and the imbalance caused by down regulation should be apparent.

ESTRADIOL - @ 32 is in a good range IMO.

SHBG - Is crazy low so T, E2 & DHT, in a physiological aspect, should be elevated. SHBG interacts with exogenously administered hormones as well so the same applies to your AAS use. This IMO is where BOP members fall short when testing blood.....they don't test DHT. One consideration is that down regulation of T to DHT is usually @ 10% so it's not significant but IMO when testing as a BB'r it is paramount.

MCV/MCH - Both are low which with you being on AAS puzzles me. RBC is fine. Low iron? Maybe...but I'd wait til' off cycle to see how this fluctuates.

Conclusion - You're T is @ 2.5 x dose, your SHBG is less than 1/2 the lowest level within range, and E2 is excellent.....IMO, w/out knowing DHT, your estradiol & SHBG results indicate the Test is under dosed or you're down regulating and I can't see how. I don't see the usual markers affected by T down regulation being outta range.

Swole 4 Life
07-17-2020, 06:11 AM
Thanks for such an indepth reply. Exactly what I was hoping for.
I'll make sure I get DHT tested next time.
Do yuo think I should up my Test dose? I only have one vial of this UGL left anyway.

LIPIDS - My tried & true OTC stack for lipids, and I have seriously bad genetics in this aspect (all men in the family die of heart disease @ 50), that keeps me in the target range for an individual with a heart condition (which I don't have), is the below...

Ubiquinol
Red Yeast Rice
Garlic
Fish Oil

Curcumin
Berberine
Hawthorne Berry

And I'm liking the add ons but the 1st four I've used & recommended to guys for 15yrs and I've seen great results across the board.

ALT/AST - As far as ALT/AST being elevated this is a perfect example of why baseline bloods are preached here on BOP. With those there would be no question as to what is causing the stress.

Testosterone - You're @ 1990 ng/dl which is 2.5 ish x your dose (off the top of my head). What I consider a minimum is 4 x dose. NOW I've done extensive research on this including spending yrs as a rep reviewing bloods taken for the purpose of testing the potency of the brand I rep'd, and IME when the dose is below 250mg T down regulation is much lower. Usually low doses like that will be 5 - 10 x dose. In your dose of 750mg you might have passed the good zone of the dose response curve and are experiencing diminishing returns. In this case we review the other hormones/sex hormones/SHBG (protein) and the imbalance caused by down regulation should be apparent.

SHBG - Is crazy low so T, E2 & DHT, in a physiological aspect, should be elevated. SHBG interacts with exogenously administered hormones as well so the same applies to your AAS use. This IMO is where BOP members fall short when testing blood.....they don't test DHT. One consideration is that down regulation of T to DHT is usually @ 10% so it's not significant but IMO when testing as a BB'r it is paramount.

MCV/MCH - Both are low which with you being on AAS puzzles me. RBC is fine. Low iron? Maybe...but I'd wait til' off cycle to see how this fluctuates.

Conclusion - You're T is @ 2.5 x dose, your SHBG is less than 1/2 the lowest level within range, and E2 is excellent.....IMO, w/out knowing DHT, your estradiol & SHBG results indicate the Test is under dosed or you're down regulating and I can't see how. I don't see the usual markers affected by T down regulation being outta range.

teejey
07-17-2020, 08:47 AM
Everyone already said what I would say minus how far away was your last pin to pulling bloods.

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

Riggs
07-17-2020, 11:59 AM
Everyone already said what I would say minus how far away was your last pin to pulling bloods.

3 days so not bad at all IMO. 7 days in a clinical setting but here on BOP it's 48 hours after last pin. He'd be higher at 48 hours but how much who knows. There is that initial surge I've seen data on but again I don't remember the % of increase.

bigpapapumpaf
07-17-2020, 12:03 PM
Your results are not that bad. Anavar will kill lipids.

BPP

Riggs
07-17-2020, 12:05 PM
I forgot don't see a Dr until off cycle. You see a Dr now he's gonna tell you to come off T & he'll see ya then.

As far as ramping up the T dose? What's the logic behind this? Because it's underdosed & 750mg of properly dosed is what you're accustomed to....then yes. If it's because you haven't felt as good as you usually do on 750...then yes. If it's based solely on my opinion of your weekly T dose to Total T level ratio then...no.

Again tho these are just my opinions.

Thanks for such an indepth reply. Exactly what I was hoping for.
I'll make sure I get DHT tested next time.
Do yuo think I should up my Test dose? I only have one vial of this UGL left anyway.

Louey
07-17-2020, 12:57 PM
Your liver values are barely out of range. I wouldn't worry about those at all.

As far as your cholesterol... what did you expect? 750 is a LOT of test. And anavar is a dht, and dht are universally terrible on lipids. Are you taking anything to help with lipids? Cardarine is an excellent on cycle support, So is lipid stabil from molecular nutrition. Another thing is watch your saturated fat intake closely if you're not already- keep it as low as possible.

As far as going to see your dr... What are you expecting him to tell you? I don't know your doc, and mine is pretty cool about the gear use but if I went in on cycle freaked out about cholesterol he'd probably look at me like I'm an idiot. Chances are, he's not giving you cholesterol meds until you get off the gear. Imo, this is a short term, completely to be expected issue. Take it as such. Throw some supports at it, watch your saturated fat intake and ride it out. This will self correct if your diet is how it needs to be and you use the supports I suggested.

totally agree with jrock very good info!

Swole 4 Life
07-18-2020, 03:23 AM
I forgot don't see a Dr until off cycle. You see a Dr now he's gonna tell you to come off T & he'll see ya then.

As far as ramping up the T dose? What's the logic behind this? Because it's underdosed & 750mg of properly dosed is what you're accustomed to....then yes. If it's because you haven't felt as good as you usually do on 750...then yes. If it's based solely on my opinion of your weekly T dose to Total T level ratio then...no.

Again tho these are just my opinions.

Little bit of both. I don't feel as good as I did on my last cycle, but then again, it's only week 5, so I might need to give it more time.

Swole 4 Life
07-18-2020, 03:27 AM

How do you convert to ng/dl?
Also, I am 37 not 32. Does that impact my results?

teejey
07-18-2020, 10:23 AM
I think your test is underdosed. No offense to anyone elses opinions here but if I pulled that 3 days after I'd be irritated by it.

Riggs
07-18-2020, 11:20 PM
I think your test is underdosed. No offense to anyone elses opinions here but if I pulled that 3 days after I'd be irritated by it.

Yahhhhh it's possible

Swole 4 Life
07-19-2020, 03:01 AM

What would you expect for 750mg a week?

Riggs
07-19-2020, 03:58 AM
What would you expect for 750mg a week?

This is a question that can't be answered off the hip. You need to see all the variables. 1st being how you'r body is down regulating the T. In your case I came up with 2.5 x dose and from what Im seeing I would like to see at least 4 x dose and 5 would be better. You are dosing high at 750mg so experiencing diminishing returns is very common but I'm not seeing the usual down regulation.

Considering your bloods and all the included health markers, 2.5 x shows the presence of the hormone, but not enough IMO. I can't see your DHT levels but I'd be surprised if it's more than 10% of your Total T.

Swole 4 Life
07-19-2020, 04:11 AM
This is a question that can't be answered off the hip. You need to see all the variables. 1st being how you'r body is down regulating the T. In your case I came up with 2.5 x dose and from what Im seeing I would like to see at least 4 x dose and 5 would be better. You are dosing high at 750mg so experiencing diminishing returns is very common but I'm not seeing the usual down regulation.

Considering your bloods and all the included health markers, 2.5 x shows the presence of the hormone, but not enough IMO. I can't see your DHT levels but I'd be surprised if it's more than 10% of your Total T.

Can you explain how to convert from pmol/L to ng/dl? I used an online calculator, but I am getting way different results.

Riggs
07-19-2020, 06:44 AM
Can you explain how to convert from pmol/L to ng/dl? I used an online calculator, but I am getting way different results.

You're Total Testosterone was measured using 'n'mo/l rather than 'p'mo/l. You're using the wrong unit of measurement.

Testosterone ng/dL nmol/L Unit Conversion -- EndMemo (http://www.endmemo.com/medical/unitconvert/Testosterone.php)

Free T is measured with pg/ml.

Riggs
07-19-2020, 07:10 AM
Looking back, I'm reminded, your SHBG is less than half the lowest acceptable range. Any idea why?

You'r goals predicate what balance you aim to achieve. Let's go back & identify some variables.

Can you list your full stats, current AAS/OTC's/Peptides/Ancillaries?

This should help just copy/paste then add answers.

* Age -
* Height -
* Weight -
* BF% -
* AAS history -
* Current AAS protocol -
* Goals for protocol -
* AI -

Swole 4 Life
07-19-2020, 10:50 PM
Looking back, I'm reminded, your SHBG is less than half the lowest acceptable range. Any idea why?

You'r goals predicate what balance you aim to achieve. Let's go back & identify some variables.

Can you list your full stats, current AAS/OTC's/Peptides/Ancillaries?

This should help just copy/paste then add answers.

* Age -
* Height -
* Weight -
* BF% -
* AAS history -
* Current AAS protocol -
* Goals for protocol -
* AI -

* Age - 37
* Height - 6 ft 1
* Weight - 205lb (approx. don't weigh myself very often as I have a habit of "chasing numbers")
* BF% - 15% guess (can see abs, but not defined or ripped)
* AAS history -3 test cycles, this is first time using an oral during cycle. cruise between cycles on 125mg test e
* Current AAS protocol - 750mg test e and 80mg var (although I am pretty sure my var is under-dosed)
* Goals for protocol - reach 10% BF with minimal muscle loss
* AI - .5mg adex ED

Swole 4 Life
07-21-2020, 06:59 AM
@Riggs just wondering if you've had a chance to looks at this? Cheers

Mr.Beefy
07-22-2020, 11:10 AM

Ubiquinol
Red Yeast Rice
Garlic
Fish Oil

Curcumin
Berberine
Hawthorne Berry

For SHBG add some Boron to your diet. It will boost your free testosterone.

Swole 4 Life
07-28-2020, 02:28 AM
Just wondering, how long should I wait to get my cholesterol retested after coming off the var?
cheers

Geareduprn
07-28-2020, 06:28 PM
I think everyone nailed it. Expected on cycle bloods. Cholesterol sucks but thats what orals do to some of us

Swole 4 Life
10-07-2020, 01:53 AM
So it's been twelve weeks since I last got my bloods done, so I got them done again yesterday. I'm pretty happy with the results. I've come off the anavar and I am currently running test e 500 and eq 600 a week (divided into two doses). As you can see my cholesterol has come down considerably. I attribute this to coming off the var, increasing cardio, losing weight and using Riggs' regiment he listed earlier in the thread. I expect that once I come off the eq this will drop even further?

My test is a lot higher too. I have switched UGLs and obviously I've added the EQ (but I am not sure how EQ impacts bloods in regards to test?). I am getting closer to that 4x mark.
For those not in Australia, the test levels are 3487 ng/dl for total test and 342 for free test.

Looking forward to seeing that you guys think :)

Edit: forgot to mention, bloods were taken 72 hours after last pin. I know 48 is better, but this was the only day I could get them done this week.

Swole 4 Life
01-08-2021, 02:29 AM
Got my latest bloods yesterday. Four days after last pin. Currently running 175mg/week (125 e5d) Test E.
I think I should lower my dose for my cruise as it's kind of high? I'm thinking I should be aiming for about 1000 free T?
My liver values continue to come down. I think this is about as good as they'll get as I'm on lexapro for anxiety/depression, which I've read is pretty taxing on the liver?
My cholesterol is also getting better, my HDL is now in the target range and my LDL is getting closer to the target range. My ratio is now in the safe range accoring to the mayo clinic which I am really happy about.
My red blood cell account has gone up and is slightly above range. I donated bllod a few weeks ago and cannot donate for another 2 months. Could this be high because I still have EQ in my system (last pin was about 5 weeks ago)? Should I be worried about this?
I plan on getting another test in about 6 weeks to check my cholesterol and RBC.

If everything is good I will probably do another blast in about two months (12-14 weeks of cruising).

Trtquest
03-25-2021, 06:49 PM
Thx