PDA

View Full Version : HELP filter issues

Christiefresh1
07-23-2020, 06:40 PM
So today my dog brewed its first brew, some deca 300 and some test 400. Everything seemed To go good until I noticed filtering the test 400 which took hours but the deca filtered in like 15 minutes. It was 300ml of deca and 500ml of test. Do you think this is fine or do you recon there may have been a problem with the filter as I can’t see why the deca filtered so quick yet the test has taken hours. I’m using the plastic bottle tops and a vacuum pump. The plastic never cracked or nothing. Does anyone have any input or advice on this??? Is this fine or bad?

Christiefresh1
07-23-2020, 06:42 PM
I’m wondering wether anyone knows how long does deca usually take to filter is 15-20 mins for 300ml normal? As the test 400 at 500ml took hours. Now I’m worried the deca may not be sterile

Ranger15
07-23-2020, 08:40 PM
How long it takes to pass through a filter has nothing to do with making it anymore or less sterile. As long as you used a .22 filter your good to go but realize depending on steps after you filtered can have an affect on wether it’s sterile. I.E how clean your lab is , were vials sterile things like this . But they amount of time it takes to filter doesn’t have an effect on how sterile brew is . Obviously if it literally just pored through filter you would know it was probably compromised. I’ve always like using syringe filter straight into a sealed sterile vile there’s no chance of contamination and you just keep your batches smaller

Christiefresh1
07-23-2020, 09:35 PM
I remember checking up on it and it’s was filtering quite nicely like fast drips but when I came back 15 min later it was finished I’m worried the filter may have blew out while I was out the room. The filter was dirty though and the finished product looks clear and good and I’m going to run the finished bottles through the autoclave will that be ok or can I not risk it not being filtered properly either way? Il post couple pictures tomorrow if that helps