PDA

View Full Version : Acne, Accutane and GI issues

slavic32
08-31-2020, 03:03 AM
I'm wondering if anyone has had a similar experience to mine. I had severe facial cystic acne when I was in my teen years (now I don't have acne). I was on doxycycline for a while and then took accutane for 5 months. I had to stop using accutane because of some GI issues that occured. Some studies that concerned me were ones that found a correlation between prolonged antibiotic use and then later accutane use which led to IBD in some people (I am currently healthy though, had a colonoscopy and an endoscopy and was told I'm fine). So I have 2 questions: Did anyone start breaking out again badly on the face, even after finishing their accutane protocol, if you had acne as a teen? Which compounds would you advise someone with GI issues to definitely stay away from and which ones are safe? Thanks.

sky
08-31-2020, 06:29 AM
I did 80mg a day of Accutane for 6 months.

Told the doc when I walked in I wanted it and since thing haven't had more then 1 pimp at a time on my back since .

Been 3 years

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Ironmind83
09-05-2020, 12:20 AM
I did 80mg a day of Accutane for 6 months.

Told the doc when I walked in I wanted it and since thing haven't had more then 1 pimp at a time on my back since .

Been 3 years

When you started the accutane did your skin start to purge ? I have some of it but I'm afraid of my face breaking out even worse for what could be months.

sky
09-05-2020, 12:27 AM
When you started the accutane did your skin start to purge ? I have some of it but I'm afraid of my face breaking out even worse for what could be months.Maybe a little if so it wasn't enough to notice. .

My skin started clearing up after 30 days though was dang near perfect 4 months in