PDA

View Full Version : Beware slon bitcoin atms

Melon
09-24-2020, 04:45 PM
Well after driving around all morning trying to find a bitcoin atm almost all that came up in the search had been removed. found a slon atm at a gas station. A message comes up about not sending people money because it could be a scam then it says $5 fee so i deposited $250 in the machine to receive $155 worth of bitcoin i called the company and they said there is an exchange rate fee which i didn't see anywhere but this is my first time buying bitcoins they said i should know what im doing then hung up on me.

samgraves82
09-24-2020, 04:50 PM
Well after driving around all morning trying to find a bitcoin atm almost all that came up in the search had been removed. found a slon atm at a gas station. A message comes up about not sending people money because it could be a scam then it says $5 fee so i deposited $250 in the machine to receive $155 worth of bitcoin i called the company and they said there is an exchange rate fee which i didn't see anywhere but this is my first time buying bitcoins they said i should know what im doing then hung up on me.Yea those things always have like 30% fees. Crooks!!! Download "liberyx" and search ur area. Sorry bud!

Melon
09-24-2020, 04:57 PM
I was expecting maybe $20 max definitely learned a lesson.

samgraves82
09-24-2020, 04:59 PM
I was expecting maybe $20 max definitely learned a lesson.I learned hard way too man. Liberty x is 8% I put in 10% extra just to be safe and that's as good as it gets to my knowledge

Melon
09-24-2020, 05:00 PM
Yea those things always have like 30% fees. Crooks!!! Download "liberyx" and search ur area. Sorry bud!

Theres a bunch by me ill have to look at that next time. Ive never been into technology

JOKR
09-24-2020, 05:25 PM
Have never in all my years has an issue with BTC apps, ATMs, etc. Not sure what happened. I have used so many ATMs more times than I can count and every time have lost no more than $20.

If you have any questions or want an list, email RED BIRD at [email protected].

samgraves82
09-24-2020, 05:29 PM
Have never in all my years has an issue with BTC apps, ATMs, etc. Not sure what happened. I have used so many ATMs more times than I can count and every time have lost no more than $20.

If you have any questions or want an list, email RED BIRD at [email protected] are way to go

Melon
09-24-2020, 06:19 PM

They said its an exchange rate so my best understanding of this after i called a few times is. Example 1 bitcoin was worth 1 usd then they sell you 1 bitcoin for 2 usd just without telling you first.

samgraves82
09-24-2020, 06:25 PM
They said its an exchange rate so my best understanding of this after i called a few times is. Example 1 bitcoin was worth 1 usd then they sell you 1 bitcoin for 2 usd just without telling you first.Set up "cash app" and blockchain wallet. easiest and basically free

JOKR
09-24-2020, 06:36 PM
The conversation rate sucks balls right now.

Melon
09-24-2020, 06:52 PM
The conversation rate sucks balls right now.

I know that bitcoin is cut up into fractions but if you buy 200 worth of bitcoin you end up with 200 worth of bitcoin?

Crosstop
09-24-2020, 07:10 PM
I know that bitcoin is cut up into fractions but if you buy 200 worth of bitcoin you end up with 200 worth of bitcoin?

I think cash app is a 1% or 3% fee when buying which is like nothing much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheMack
09-24-2020, 09:41 PM
Well after driving around all morning trying to find a bitcoin atm almost all that came up in the search had been removed. found a slon atm at a gas station. A message comes up about not sending people money because it could be a scam then it says $5 fee so i deposited $250 in the machine to receive $155 worth of bitcoin i called the company and they said there is an exchange rate fee which i didn't see anywhere but this is my first time buying bitcoins they said i should know what im doing then hung up on me.

I'm really sorry that happened to you man. That's a major rip off.

Melon
09-24-2020, 10:24 PM
I'm really sorry that happened to you man. That's a major rip off.

Thanks, definitely a learning experience

Mikeyz206
09-25-2020, 01:30 AM
Yeah, I had a experience like that also. Put in $ 500.00 to buy btc and the machine gave me $ 400.00 worth of btc. To much ATM fee.

thebear
09-25-2020, 11:44 AM
No they are not. BTC is way down right now so the conversion isn’t good. I always recommend waiting, using cash app to Blockchain or realizing and being ok with “if ya gonna play in the sandbox ya gonna get dirty.” Aka. Understanding you might lose some money.

Melon
09-29-2020, 11:39 PM
No they are not. BTC is way down right now so the conversion isn’t good. I always recommend waiting, using cash app to Blockchain or realizing and being ok with “if ya gonna play in the sandbox ya gonna get dirty.” Aka. Understanding you might lose some money.

The whole bitcoin thing confuses me but if you buy $200 worth of bitcoin isn't it still $200 worth?

Crosstop
09-30-2020, 05:33 AM
The whole bitcoin thing confuses me but if you buy $200 worth of bitcoin isn't it still $200 worth?

Like I said 4 days ago.. cash app has a 1% or 3% fee so it will cost you like 6 bucks for 200 worth . But the value changes daily so 200 dollars worth might be worth more or less the next day. That’s why sponsors tell you to buy bitcoin when your ready to donate. If you buy the day before you might not have the 200 dollars worth.

Melon
09-30-2020, 10:56 AM
Like I said 4 days ago.. cash app has a 1% or 3% fee so it will cost you like 6 bucks for 200 worth . But the value changes daily so 200 dollars worth might be worth more or less the next day. That’s why sponsors tell you to buy bitcoin when your ready to donate. If you buy the day before you might not have the 200 dollars worth.

Thats what i thought i am just making sure my understanding was correct