PDA

View Full Version : Ethics of donating blood?

Ironmind83
10-03-2020, 03:04 AM
This question may be in the wrong place but it is directly related to the broad range of RBC increasing AAS. I'm not well versed in this and will be looking into deeply on my own as well. We all know or at least most of us know the dangers of greatly increasing our RBC from stroke to heart attack to simply being winded like myself after a flight of stairs. Would there be a danger to others by passing this on?

9TMARE
10-03-2020, 03:26 AM
Passing it on as in other people using your blood after you donate?

They take test vials of your blood along with what they take when you donate. They test your blood first before they give it to anyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Popeye*
10-03-2020, 04:08 AM
This question may be in the wrong place but it is directly related to the broad range of RBC increasing AAS. I'm not well versed in this and will be looking into deeply on my own as well. We all know or at least most of us know the dangers of greatly increasing our RBC from stroke to heart attack to simply being winded like myself after a flight of stairs. Would there be a danger to others by passing this on?

Pass that juicy jacked blood on down [emoji1377] it will be rejected or passed. Either way [emoji1360][emoji107][emoji1744]

TheMack
10-03-2020, 05:09 AM
IF ... I and I do mean IF there is a problem with your blood it will be rejected. However, that is very unlikely buddy. Never hold back from donating blood. They have comprehensive screenings systems to approve or reject any donation. You have nothing to worry about.

Mattymoo
10-03-2020, 10:45 AM
My blood has never been rejected
They send me a message saying it's on its way to someone.
Whether its accepted or rejected its crucial that you donate.

Oljeep69
10-03-2020, 03:56 PM
We had heroin addicts that regularly donated for the money. I never understood how they kept being accepted. I'm assuming their donations were pulled and tossed. My own surgery I pre donated just because of that. Literally right after the surgery. I got told since they didn't need it for me. It got pulled for an emergency and used.
I personally would much rather have blood or whatever from someone using gear than a heroin/etc user. But I had a career in dealing with them. So I watched as our frequent flyers got diseases and their bodies shut down.

JOKR
10-03-2020, 04:00 PM
I put up a post in our sub forum (SXript) on “I can’t donate blood, now what.” Go check it out.

But to add, I always tell the 1/2 truth and been donating for YEARS. They always test it but I always get updates when my blood is being used and where. It’s pretty cool.

Note: I would say if you have a disease or something like Hep C I wouldn’t lie.

If you have any questions or want an list, email RED BIRD at [email protected].

Mr.Beefy
10-03-2020, 05:13 PM
I got a doctor's script to tell them why my RBC was high and that I needed my blood to be taken. I'm assuming my blood is being used because I get calls from the place I donated at, asking for me to donate again and emails as well.

Mikeyz206
10-03-2020, 05:25 PM
I like all the answer given. Please donate. Never tell them you use gear.(no) you don't. If you take accutane for acne that could cause a mother that is pregnant to have a birth problem. The child could be disabled. Hope I spelled shit correct I'm tired. Keep donating, thank You!

Oljeep69
10-04-2020, 04:41 AM
I have always told them I was on trt. Thats how I learned about hemocrit and trt. That was 10 plus years ago. The female doing the pre shit was like holy fuck your hemocrit is through the roof. I was like huh? She was like your a regular and we know your on trt. You need to come in more. Were not supposed to take donations over the limit without a script. But we know you. So will draw your blood and just toss it to help get your hemocrit down. (I had a bad experience in the military. Those corpsman f'd me up trying to run an IV so I avoided getting stuck like the plague. Until I had to donate for my own surgery. Than I was like this isn't so bad And stated donating) . They told me to get a script from my doctor so I could come in as needed versus the mandatory time between donations. Than I decided lets go and move to some small mountain town. So I got to learn about elevation and hemocrit. Along with having to drive even further to do donations. I am always border line now but most of the people they apparently see run high because they don't even bat an eye at it. I am like sheez in the Midwest they'd be freaking out. The shit I wish I knew I 25 uears ago and of course had access to before the internet. Because young me on cycle never worried about this chit. Old me cant even run trt without needing donations and bloodwork to keep it all in check. I am glad there is all this knowledge now though.

Ironmind83
10-05-2020, 06:41 AM
Thank you everyone for responding. It is very much appreciated. My only knowledge of donating blood was many years ago. I received a rejection letter bc I had antibodies for hepB. It was only from a Vaccine from the Army. I figured they tested the blood for disease or antibodies of a disease. I wasn't sure if they tested RBC or the like and that I could possibly be hurting someone in need. I'd drain my own blood or just not do it at all I'd there was any chance of that. I can go donate now and not worry so I thank each person that responded.