PDA

View Full Version : Weak Left Arm

LEE GASPARI
10-11-2020, 03:47 AM
For years my left arm was stronger than my right. Now, it's much weaker. I'm thinking I have nerve damage from neck pain I've been having over 3 years. Was in a car accident that damaged my C3 and C4. Subluxation is what my neurosurgeon calls it. What can I do? What can I take? It's really frustrating. Any suggestions or advice will be greatly appreciated.

Leoterelli250
10-11-2020, 04:00 AM
How much weaker? Can you give any examples of the difference in strength and what you do now if anything specific to help the situation,?

LEE GASPARI
10-11-2020, 04:07 AM
Say I'm doing concentration curls with 35lbs. With my right arm I can do 12 reps where 12 is failure. Left arm failure at 6 reps. So, that's 50% less strength with left arm. Now this weakness affects delt training as well. So what I do is keep the weight light for left arm and keep the volume high. I hate training like this. I feel helpless.

Mr.Beefy
10-11-2020, 04:30 AM
Have you tried a chiropractor?

TheMack
10-11-2020, 08:46 AM
Have you tried a chiropractor?

I'm with Mr. Beefy, definitely see a chiropractor if you have not done so already. When is the last time you saw your doctor? Does he know the situation is persisting? Also, you may need physical therapy. Even if your saw a PT during your recuperation, sounds like time for a follow up.

Keep us posted bro. I hope it all works out for you.

Leoterelli250
10-12-2020, 12:15 AM
A second these opinions definitely seek out a good pt. Furthermore, it would really help if you found a very skilled training facility that provides training specifically tailored to your needs. This will not be at a big gym or anything like that. Find a place that requires a full assessment before even starting any one on one training. It's hard bc just about anyone can be a personal trainer but finding someone who does sport specific training and rehab can really help. If you were in my area i could recommend someone amazing that helped a friend and me through something similar. Good luck brother and don't be discouraged

LEE GASPARI
10-13-2020, 01:45 PM
Thanks guys! Seeing a chiro soon. My training has been so important to me for over 45 years. I am discouraged, but will prevail.
I've been thru some various injuries/surgeries thru the years and have come thru just fine. Peace Out!

Frome
10-13-2020, 02:04 PM
I had the same thing. Was at peak strength, went to bench press and my left side wouldn’t go, not even close. I could feel that the whole left side wasn’t firing properly. It took a chiropractor and months to get it back. Nerves are very slow to heal. You’re doing the right thing going to the chiropractor. The other thing to look at is sleeping position. Consider getting one of those neck support pillows, you know the ones that have the hump to support your cervical vertebrae and keep it aligned while you sleep. Just ordered one myself.